- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Employer of Record in Angola
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Angola? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Angola quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Angola:
- Location – a country on the west coast of Southern Africa. It is the seventh-largest country in Africa, bordered by Namibia to the south, the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the north, Zambia to the east, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west. A former Portuguese colony.
- Capital – Luanda.
- Population – 30,81 million
- Official language – Portuguese
- Recognized minority languages – Chokwe, Kikongo, Kimbundu, Umbundu
- Government – Unitary dominant-party presidential constitutional republic
- Currency – Kwanza (AOA)
- Dominant religion – Catholics (over 50% population estimate)
- Labor force – 13 183 538 people accounting for 42.85% as of 2019
- Exports – $33.07 billion (2017). Exportable goods: crude oil, diamonds, refined petroleum products, coffee, sisal, fish and fish products, timber, cotton.
- Main export partners: China, India, USA.
- Imports – $19.5 billion (2017). Import products: machinery and electrical equipment, vehicles, and replacement parts; medicines, food, textiles, military goods.
- Main import partners: Portugal, China, USA, South Africa, Brazil, UK.
- Public holidays – New Year’s Day, Day of the Beginning of the Armed Fight for National Liberation (Revolution Day); International Woman’s Day; Day of Southern Africa Liberation; Day of Peace and Reconciliation; Labor Day; National Heros Day; All Souls Day; Independence Day; Christmas Day.
Employment in Angola
Employment in Angola is conducted by means of permanent employment contracts, casual employment contracts, and fixed employment contracts.
Permanent employment contracts (all options including any limitations, such as maximum duration or a number of fixed-term agreements). The employment contract is concluded indefinitely, integrating the worker under the company’s permanent staff.
Casual employment contracts (all options including any limitations, such as maximum duration or a number of fixed-term agreements).
Fixed-term contracts (all options including any limitations, such as maximum duration or a number of fixed-term agreements).
The employment contract is concluded for a specified period of time and implies the execution of a certain type of work or service. It must be in writing, including the specification of terms and conditions to which it is subject.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Angola-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from Angola?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Angola?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Angola legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Angola has its own employment specifics (discover more in Guide to Hiring & Firing in Angola). Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Angola on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record solution in Angola
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Angola, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Angola.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Angola. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.