- Overview: Burkina Faso
- Global PEO and Payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global PEO and Payroll in Burkina Faso
Crafting a plan for overseas expansion may already be on your to-do list. With many companies today sourcing, servicing, or selling outside of their home country, it seems like a logical next step for your business. But as the CFO or COO of a growing company, you’ll want to be sure that you have a solid plan before moving forward.
Global Expansion and Global Employment Challenges
When expanding your business operations to new countries, there are many important issues to consider to ensure compliance and avoid any potential problems on the global expansion journey.
These can include global HR administration issues such as securing business visas and permits, drafting employment contracts that comply with labor and tax laws across multiple jurisdictions, data privacy and intellectual property rights, global payroll and accounting considerations, and local statutory requirements.
There may also be a need to comply with various regulatory requirements relating to currency controls, foreign employment restrictions, and employee classification. Additionally, multi-jurisdictional tax considerations, risks, and liabilities should be taken into account, along with complex tax filing requirements and potential litigation risks.
Finally, being aware of the different languages, time zones, customs, and cultures you may encounter in these new markets is also essential. Doing the necessary homework on all of these issues in advance can help avoid any potential problems down the road.
What is a Global PEO (Professional Employment Organization)?
A PEO, or Professional Employment Organization, is a company that contracts with businesses going global to provide global employment services. These include global payroll and benefits administration, tax reporting, workers’ compensation insurance, unemployment insurance claims management, employee screening, background, criminal, and other checks, legal and regulatory compliance assistance, HR consulting, immigration services, and other financial services. Businesses can focus on their core competencies and goals by outsourcing these time-consuming and complex tasks to a PEO.
This co-employment relationship lets you focus on company growth while the PEO handles all global employment issues across multiple jurisdictions.
A Global PEO Can Help You Replace Numerous Vendors
If you’re looking to streamline your company’s operations and get a handle on global workforce management, partnering with a global professional employer organization (PEO) can be a great solution. PEOs can provide a full suite of services to help you replace the following numerous vendors.
- Payroll Company
- Employee Benefits Broker
- HR Consultants
- Background Checks Vendors
- IP Attorney
- Tax Advisor
- Translation service
- Legal Advisor
- Immigration Advisor
- HR Compliance Advisor.
- Licensing Consultancy
How Does a Global PEO Work? What Is the “Co-employment” Model?
Organizations that partner with a Global Professional Employer Organization (PEO) enjoy many benefits. By working with a PEO, businesses can take advantage of a co-employment relationship which can free up time and resources that can be better spent on strategic decision-making and business growth. Global PEOs are responsible for payroll, withholding and paying payroll taxes, managing compensation and benefits coverage, and providing HR compliance guidance.
The global PEO becomes a co-employer of the organization’s employees, and PEO shares the employment responsibilities of the client organization. PEOs assume many administrative and HR compliance tasks that businesses would otherwise have to handle, giving business owners and management teams more time to focus on running their companies.
In addition, Professional Employment Organizations can provide valuable services and expertise that businesses might not be able to access on their own. Using a global PEO and payroll solution can be a great way for businesses to improve efficiency, save time and money, and gain access to valuable resources and expertise.
Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution was designed especially for companies like yours to smooth the way for quick, easy, and risk-free business operations in Burkina Faso without establishing a legal business entity.
How Much Does a Global PEO Charge?
Payroll taxes and service fees can be a big burden for employers. Many companies choose to use a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) to help with these costs. PEOs typically charge a percentage of the total payroll, including employee insurance fees. It can be difficult to determine the actual costs for these services, especially when some employer taxes are only paid on wages up to a certain threshold.
Single Global Service Agreement
A Global PEO and Payroll solution can cover all your international projects within a single contract and add new employees and services as you expand your global workforce in the new countries.
No Required Minimums
We accept projects of any length, with any number of employees.
Whether you need to scale up or down, we adjust your pricing based on the project employee number.
End-to-end Global Employment Solution
We manage all your global services, including employment, recruitment, immigration, legal and global HR consulting, saving you valuable time. And Acumen International covers the cost and saves you the effort of finding and selecting local employment-related service providers.
What Services Does a Global PEO (Professional Employment Organization) Provide?
- Global Payroll management;
- Compliance with local tax rules (file & deposit) of the country where the EOR company is located;
- Handling compliant employment contracts:
- Background, education, and other checks;
- Onboarding and termination processes, as well as employee’s compensation;
- Arranging visas and work permits for employees;
- Ensuring the working process is organized under local labor laws;
- Processing workers’ medical insurance and other benefits (day-offs, bonuses, and more);
- Global employment process maps, matter maps, employment guides, and other documentation.
Acumen International – Your Single Point of Truth and Global Employment PEO Solutions Provider in Burkina Faso
- 100 % compliant, quick, easy market entry. Acumen Global PEO is your local legal entity, helping you reduce the cost and time associated with incorporating
- Immediate global employment service coverage in 190 countries
- Both a single point of contact and a dedicated account manager for your project for all target countries
- Compliant and secure global employment operations. We help you adhere to all local laws and regulations in 190 countries
- A single contract for all in-country services (employment, immigration, legal, etc.)
- A single PEO provider assumes full responsibility for your international employees in multiple countries
- Payments are made within the UK or to the UK bank company account
- Fully compliant with standardized procedures and reporting systems
- You can delegate to Acumen Global PEO and Payroll solution all HR responsibilities Payroll & benefits administration, background checks, and HR helpdesk
- Standard payroll breakdowns for all target countries
- As soon as we receive your request for a project in any country, we will send you a payroll breakdown and offer within 2 working hours
- Full 100% fee money-back guarantee for the employee or contractor payment delays.
- Tailored and 100% compliant employment contract drafts
- With Acumen in your corner, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions
- Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution protects your company’s Intellectual Property rights
Acumen International is here to help, from payroll and tax management to social security disbursements and immigration services. We’ll give you the peace of mind you need and reduce your company’s legal costs by 50% or more.
|Our Global PEO&Payroll||Client|
|Employment risks mitigation|
|Tax compliance & payroll processing|
|Incorporation costs||no need for own
|Coverage||190 countries||190 countries|
10 Benefits of Partnering with a Global PEO and EOR
- Expanding your business globally can be risky, but by partnering with a global PEO, you can stay flexible and mitigate major global expansion risks. This allows your business to enter new markets securely and efficiently while knowing there is always an exit strategy available if needed.
- With a global PEO partner, you can test the waters before making a permanent commitment. Before you decide to invest in offices, equipment, and employee training at an overseas location, you’ll get valuable information about whether the location will be successful by seeing how well operations are received via a third party before committing to managing them yourself.
- In addition to helping with taxes and payroll, global PEOs can also help handle things like relocation, providing temporary housing and support while you find a permanent location for your employees to live.
- A global PEO can provide advice on international and local employment laws, tax, and compliance regulations. Suppose you hire people abroad and they start working for you without guidance. In that case, there is a risk that their expectations might not match up with reality—setting yourself up for an unpleasant surprise down the line when they realize their salary or work conditions aren’t what they had been promised.
- Many businesses use PEOs (Professional Employment Organizations) to take care of their HR needs abroad. A global PEO is an organization that provides services such as payroll and benefits without actually employing workers itself—instead, they simply manage employee records so that you don’t have to worry about it yourself. When using a PEO, you’ll need to set up an account with them to file payroll reports online.
- Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution can help with immigration challenges and other concerns that may impact your business.
- By partnering with a global PEO, clients can often secure more favorable terms on employee benefit plans.
- Streamlined payroll and tax filings: The PEO processes payroll and does all the necessary tax filings for the company, significantly reducing administrative overhead for employers.
- PEO clients have access to greater resources and opportunities for growth than other businesses.
- PEO clients have been shown to have a turnover rate that is 10-14% lower per year than comparable companies.
Difference between a Global EOR and a PEO. Employment Risk Mitigation Strategy
When expanding your business into new countries, there are many benefits to using a global PEO (Professional Employment Organization) or EOR (Employer of Record). A global PEO or an EOR is an alternative to hiring your employees via an in-country legal entity. Instead of hiring your employees, you contract with a global employment solutions provider to hire and manage them for you.
A Global PEO and EOR Partners can handle all the immigration, hiring, payroll, tax, and HR compliance for you, freeing up your time to focus on other aspects of running your business. And if you ever need to leave the country, you can do so without being tied down by any long-term commitments.
However, both global PEOs and EORs work differently. So, it’s important to understand the differences between the two, so you can find the right one for your needs.
The main difference between a global EOR and a PEO is how they hire the workers. A global PEO assigns employees to the client company for employment so that it can replace the clients in their duties of hiring and managing the employees. The PEO is not a direct employer on paper. An EOR, on the other hand, is an employer of record in the country of business. They hire and terminate employees on behalf of the client company.
|Employment Model||Co-employer||Sole Employer|
|Key Services||Global employment, payroll, benefits, immigration (visa, work permits), mobility||Global employment, payroll, benefits, immigration (visa, work permits), mobility|
|Local Entity Establishment||Required||Optional|
|Liability||Shares responsibilities and liabilities||Assumes all responsibilities and liabilities|
|Global Labour & HR Compliance||Optional||Required|
Global Payroll Calculator: Accurate Global Employment Cost Estimation
When hiring employees and contractors across the globe, you may not be choosing the most cost-effective and business-friendly country.
- Do you know which country is the most cost-effective place to hire employees?
- What are the costs of entity establishment and legal representation?
- What are the payroll costs and management fees?
- What are your ongoing annual tax compliance costs?
- Are you fully aware of banking implications?
- Did you know that labor laws and hidden costs could make your company less efficient when choosing a country to run your business?
- Did you know that there could be a more cost-effective country to hire employees in and save up to 50%?
This is because countries have different labor laws, compliance, and tax regulations. What if, instead of limiting your company’s international expansion by cutting through the jungle of local regulatory compliance, tax, labor, and immigration requirements, you could have all the information of 190 countries at your fingertips?
Acumen International offers the Global Payroll Calculator to help businesses understand the compliance requirements for conducting business in a new country. Acumen’s research team tracks developments in 190 countries around the globe. It provides up-to-date data on local regulations related to tax, payroll regulations, benefits, hiring practices, compliance requirements, and other labor-related factors that impact an employer’s bottom line. This valuable information makes the Global Payroll Calculator an invaluable tool for businesses looking to expand internationally.
Global Payroll Calculator helps companies reduce labor costs by providing up-to-date information on hiring, compensation, and tax requirements. It is also an ideal tool for quickly locating employees in any country.
Disclaimer: Any above information is subject to changes imposed by Burkina Faso’s laws. To get the latest updates on taxation in Burkina Faso and 190 countries worldwide, contact Acumen’s team of global employment experts.