- Overview: Djibouti
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Immigration support for hiring expats in Djibouti via a PEO
If your business objectives are related to hiring expatriate personnel in Djibouti, there are some things you need to consider. Among them are:
- the peculiarities of immigration procedure in the country
- documents required to get a work permit
- in-country employment and payroll for foreign citizens after visa has been issued.
Given the fact that expats are often sent abroad for short-term projects, many companies often opt for no entity hiring. This means companies look for simpler, more cost-effective options versus onboarding and paying expats through their own local subsidiaries
For companies hiring and paying expats overseas and particularly in Djibouti, a global PEO with work permit support as part of the service might be a viable alternative to incorporation in the country. A PEO service company will walk you and your expats through every step of immigration procedure in Djibouti. After the work permit or visa have been received, a PEO provider would officially onboard and payroll your expats in a foreign country on your behalf.
Acumen International has been hiring and payrolling our clients’ expatriates in Djibouti both short- and long-term. If you need to legally hire and pay the expatriates in Djibouti, we can help you. Regardless of business objectives and timelines, Acumen International can arrange end-to-end work permit support for hiring your expats in full legal compliance with local labor legislation after the permit documents have been issued.
Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution is designed for:
- employer companies like yourself that want to relocate the selected expats to Djibouti
- individuals that have an employer that is ready to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the country
- the service is mainly used by companies hiring highly skilled personnel that they send abroad to fill some top positions in Djibouti.
Note: Having a single provider that would sponsor a work permit or visa on your behalf and then employs expats in Djibouti, minimizes risks of visa rejection. In addition, it takes the hassle associated with immigration procedure off your head.
Unlike other global Professional Employer Organizations, Acumen International can provide extra benefits in addition to work permit received for further employment of expats in Djibouti. This includes medical insurance, housing, office rent, mobile phone and car provision to meet-and-greet, dependents relocation, etc.
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals willing to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Djibouti takes 7 working days from the date and time of receipt of the application.
Major steps to get a work permit in Djibouti
- The company must file concomitantly with any request for residence permit, an application for work permits for its foreign employees.
- Count a payback period of 7 working days from the date and time of receipt of the application, subject to a complete record.
Documents for work permit in Djibouti, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Written request with details of beneficiary’s name, position held and name of employer 1 passport photograph|
|Copy of long-stay visa for 12 months|
|Copy of passport|
|Copy of the license of the Free Zone company|
|Copy of the employment contract|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Djibouti without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Djibouti.