- Overview: Ethiopia
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record (EOR) in Ethiopia
Global employment services
Businesses in the process of expanding globally often face challenges when it comes to compliantly onboarding employees in foreign countries. In most cases, legal compliance requires the establishment of a legal in-country business entity, a complex, costly and time-consuming process that many employers are not ready to undertake.
To help your organization legally onboard and payroll a workforce in Ethiopia, Acumen International offers a global employment solution via our Global Employer of Record (EOR) designed to help you circumvent the legalities of direct hiring, eliminating the need for you to establish a legal entity in Ethiopia in order to conduct business there.
Spotlight on Ethiopia:
Ethiopia (officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia) is a multiethnic African country with 80 different ethnic groups. Ethiopia’s neighbors are Eritrea, Djibouti, Sudan, Kenya, South Sudan, and Somalia.
- Capital: The main city of Ethiopia is Addis Ababa.
- Population: Ethiopia is one of the biggest African countries with a population of 117.876.227 (2021).
- Official languages: Official national language of Ethiopia is Amharic. The official working languages in the States of Sumale, Tigray, Oromiya, Afar are Somali, Tigrigna, Oromo, Afar respectively.
- Local currency: Birr (ETB).
- Labor force: More than 52.8 million (2017). About 73% of the labor force is employed in agriculture.
- Industries: The main sources of GDP are services and agriculture. Ethiopia has a comparative advantage in such industries as garments, textiles and leather goods, beverages, metals processing, cement, and chemicals.
- Import/Export partners: The main Ethiopia’s import partners are China, the UK, India, the UAE, France with gas turbines, aircraft, packaged medicines, cars, electric filament. Such countries as China, the UAE, the US, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, and Germany are the export partners of Ethiopia. Export commodities include coffee, cut flowers, sesame seeds, gold, and zinc.
- Minimum wage: There is no national minimum wage. Minimum salary exists only for the public sector workers which is around 420 birr ($22).
Employ your Selected Workforce in Ethiopia via Acumen’s Employer of Record / EOR Solution
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion, to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their expat employees
Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries, to attract and retain the most qualified candidates. As a global employment organization, Acumen International serves both end employers and service companies representing international clients.
Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) service in Ethiopia offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hiring. Our solution gives companies the opportunity to operate in Ethiopia, and in 190 international markets where we serve our clients, without registering as a local business entity.
Legally Onboard and Payroll your Employees in Ethiopia with Acumen’s Global Employment Solution
Acumen’s EOR global employment solution helps businesses to overcome legal challenges by hiring and compensating your local and expat workforce in Ethiopia on your behalf, in a risk-free and cost-effective manner.
You can trust Acumen to handle the global employment and HR details of your workforce management in Ethiopia to ensure full compliance with in-country employment laws.
Reduce your risks while expanding your business, without establishing your own legal entity in Ethiopia. Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we are able to organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Employer of Record, and employ them on your behalf, once legal permissions have been attained.
Partner with Acumen International, and let us help you handle your global employment and HR needs. You can trust Acumen to handle the global employment and HR details of your workforce management in Ethiopia, to ensure full compliance with in-country employment laws.
With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating of your local and expatriate employees in Ethiopia, and in 190 countries worldwide where we serve our international clients.