- Overview: Gabon
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Immigration support for hiring expats in Gabon via a PEO
If your business objectives are related to hiring expatriate personnel in Gabon, there are some things you need to consider, from the peculiarities of immigration procedure in Gabon to documents required to get a work permit, and local payroll for foreign citizens.
If your company is hiring or planning to hire expats in Gabon, an in-country PEO employment post immigration might be a viable alternative to incorporation. A global PEO company will guide you through every step of immigration procedure in Gabon and render a ‘no entity hiring’ after visa or permit receipt.
For many years Acumen International has been hiring and payrolling our clients’ expatriates for both short- and long-term projects. If you need to legally hire and pay the expatriates in Gabon, we can help you. Regardless of your business objectives and timelines, Acumen International can arrange immigration and work permit support for hiring your expats in full legal compliance with local labor legislation after the permit has been issued.
Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution is designed for:
- employer companies like yourself that want to relocate their selected expats to Gabon
- individuals that have an employer that is ready to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the Gabon
- the service is mainly used by companies hiring highly skilled personnel to fill some top positions in Gabon
Note: Having a single provider that would sponsor a work permit or visa on your behalf and then employs expats in Gabon, minimizes risks of visa rejection. In addition, it takes the hassle associated with immigration procedure off your head.
Unlike other global Professional Employer Organizations, Acumen International can provide extra benefits in addition to work permit support in Gabon. This includes medical insurance, housing, office rent, mobile phone and car provision to meet-and-greet, dependents relocation, etc.
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals willing to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Gabon can take up to six months.
Major steps to get a work permit in Gabon
- Documents to be submitted to the ministry of Labour and Human resource in Gabon starting that the Company will sponsor you.
- The company initiates the process by applying to the Work Department in the Ministry of Labour and Human resource for a work visa approval, providing a copy of the applicant’s passport, an invitation letter prepared by the company, and the required fees.
- The work department approves the application, and sends a copy to the Department of Documentation and Immigration in Libreville Gabon.
- The Department of Documentation and Immigration prepares the actual “work visa approval” and faxes a copy to the Gabon embassy in the applicant’s country of origin.
- The applicant visits the embassy, pays the appropriate fees, and secures the visa stamp in his or her passport.
Documents for work permit in Gabon, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Seven passport photos|
|Two copies of employers incorporation contract|
|Two copies of Tax ID card|
|Two copies of academic qualifications (university degrees etc.)|
|Copy of commercial register from employer|
|Licences required for practising profession|
|Letter from employer detailing why it was necessary to hire a foreigner|
|Approval from relevant authority related to profession|
|A representative from employer who will sponsor the work permit|
|Negative HIV test|
|Approval from State Security organ in Gabon|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Gabon without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Gabon.