- Overview: Liberia
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Using A PEO Service With Immigration Support With Expat Hiring In Liberia
Looking to hire expatriate personnel for international assignments in Liberia? This is a loaded process to go through, including finding ways to:
- Stay compliant with Liberian immigration laws
- Have all the necessary documents for work permit sponsorship
- Effectively manage employment and payroll when your team has their visas
Compounding the issue is that a lot of expat workers generally go into Liberia to handle shorter projects. So it doesn’t make much sense to set up your own subsidiary to arrange local payroll for your employees. Instead, you may want to take a look at a simpler solution.
For those that want to hire and pay expats in Liberia, that means enlisting a global PEO that includes work permit support. This saves your company the headache of trying to incorporate in a new country. Your new PEO partner will provide all the guidance you need to handle Liberian immigration procedures to get your team their visas/permits. After that, they can also help with onboarding and payroll for your expat team.
Acumen International has provided this service for our clients’ expatriate personnel in Liberia, both for short- and long-term projects. We offer a compliant and fast way to get your team on the ground and working. No matter your timeline or business goals, Acumen International offers end-to-end work permit support and ensures full compliance with local labor legislation in Liberia and over 190 other countries.
Curious as to the best matches for Acumen’s work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution? These include:
- Employer companies that plan to relocate, hire, and utilize expat workers in Liberia.
- Seasoned professionals that have already found an employer to finance their immigration and foreign employment, but just need to simplify the process.
- Businesses planning to hire highly-skilled expats and send them to fill top positions in Liberia.
A side note, you may not realize that by partnering with a single provider to handle both expat employment and work permit sponsorship, it’s a lot less likely your visas will be rejected. Our global immigration support will also save you time from trying to understand and navigate the different international rules and regulations.
Compared to other global PEO services, Acumen provides added benefits outside of a work permit if you have personnel on international assignments in Liberia. These include:
- Medical insurance
- Office rent
- Dependant relocation
- Mobile phone/car provision for meetings
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals looking to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Liberia takes between 7 to 30 working days to process a Liberian work permit.
Major steps to get a work permit in Liberia
- The applicant should pick Entry / work Permit forms from the Liberian Ministry of Labour.
- Submit all necessary documents.
- Pay the application fees for a Liberian labour permit and submit the payment receipt along with the required documents.
- The applicant should wait for some days and check back with the Ministry of Labour to inquire if the work permit has been processed.
- If the Ministry is satisfied with the submissions they will issue the Liberian work permit.
Documents for work permit in Liberia, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Work permit form.|
|Covering letter from company.|
|2 passport size photos.|
|Photocopies of the passport.|
|Qualifications (in case of professionals).|
|Registration with the relevant professional bodies for professionals.|
|Appointment letter from the organization or body you intend to work for.|
|Company’s bank statement.|
|Letter of good conduct from home country / Interpol in country of origin.|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Liberia without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Liberia.