- Overview: Mauritius
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Immigration support for hiring expats in Mauritius via a PEO
If your business objectives are related to hiring expatriate personnel in Mauritius, there are some things you need to consider, from the peculiarities of immigration procedure in Mauritius to documents required to get a work permit, and local payroll for foreign citizens.
If your company is hiring or planning to hire expats in Mauritius, an in-country PEO employment post immigration might be a viable alternative to incorporation. A global PEO company will guide you through every step of immigration procedure in Mauritius and render a ‘no entity hiring’ after visa or permit receipt.
For many years Acumen International has been hiring and payrolling our clients’ expatriates for both short- and long-term projects. If you need to legally hire and pay the expatriates in Mauritius, we can help you. Regardless of your business objectives and timelines, Acumen International can arrange immigration and work permit support for hiring your expats in full legal compliance with local labor legislation after the permit has been issued.
Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution is designed for:
- employer companies like yourself that want to relocate their selected expats to Mauritius
- individuals that have an employer that is ready to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the Mauritius
- the service is mainly used by companies hiring highly skilled personnel to fill some top positions in Mauritius
Note: Having a single provider that would sponsor a work permit or visa on your behalf and then employs expats in Mauritius, minimizes risks of visa rejection. In addition, it takes the hassle associated with immigration procedure off your head.
Unlike other global Professional Employer Organizations, Acumen International can provide extra benefits in addition to work permit support in Mauritius. This includes medical insurance, housing, office rent, mobile phone and car provision to meet-and-greet, dependents relocation, etc.
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals willing to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Mauritius varies and depends on Immigration Service in Mauritius.
Major steps to get a work permit in Mauritius
- Application forms should be collected from the Reception Counter of the Employment Division.
- Duly filled in applications forms must be submitted at the Reception Counter together with all required supporting documents.
- Upon payment of processing fee and submission of all necessary documents, application is processed for approval by Minister.
- Applicant/Employer is informed of any shortcoming , for example Health Clearance, which may delay the processing of the application.
- Once Minister’s approval and residence clearance obtained, a claim is sent to the applicant/employer for payment of work permit fee and submission of Bank Guarantee/Security deposit.
- Upon payment of work permit fees and submission of Bank Guarantee/Security Deposit, work permit is issued.
Documents for work permit in Mauritius, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Application for work permit|
|4 passport size photographs;|
|Official letter from employer;|
|Certified copy of academic and professional qualifications and details of work experience;|
|Copy of relevant parts of passport showing name, date of birth, place and date of issue of passport, photo, passport number and movement;|
|Documentary evidence from the employer certifying that the expatriate will earn a monthly salary of Rs 20,000 OR|
|Contract of Employment duly vetted by the Ministry of Labour and Industrial Relations in respect of expatriates earning less that Rs 20,000;|
|A provisional health clearance delivred by the Occupational Health Unit of the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life. The medical examinations required by the Ministry of Health and Quality of Life;|
|A certified copy of the certificate of incorporation of the company;|
|A processing fee of MUR 500 must be paid on submission of each completed application form for each expatriate. Cheque should be crossed and drawn to the order of the Government of Mauritius.|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Mauritius without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Mauritius.