- Overview: Namibia
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global PEO and Payroll in Namibia
As you expand your business operations into new countries, it is essential to understand that each expansion is its unique challenge. Various factors, such as local and home country laws, the type of activities undertaken, and your company’s goals and risk tolerance will dictate your compliance obligations and budget. By carefully considering all of these elements, you can ensure a successful expansion into any new market.
What is a Global PEO?
PEOs are professional employer organizations. That means they offer comprehensive HR solutions for small businesses across the country. By paying a single fee per employee, employers can outsource all their HR needs to an expert who specializes in managing this aspect of their business. Some services provided by PEOs include
- Payroll processing
- Benefits administration
- Tax reporting
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Labor and tax compliance
Outsourcing some global employment and HR functions to a PEO means that the business owner is not bogged down with processing payroll, benefits, or securing visas and work permits. Instead, they have more time to concentrate on other company matters, including big-picture issues.
Global Expansion and Global Employment Challenges
When expanding your business operations to new countries, there are many important issues to consider to ensure compliance and avoid any potential problems on the global expansion journey.
These can include global HR administration issues such as securing business visas and permits, drafting employment contracts that comply with labor and tax laws across multiple jurisdictions, data privacy and intellectual property rights, global payroll and accounting considerations, and local statutory requirements.
There may also be a need to comply with various regulatory requirements relating to currency controls, foreign employment restrictions, and employee classification. Additionally, multi-jurisdictional tax considerations, risks, and liabilities should be taken into account, along with complex tax filing requirements and potential litigation risks.
Finally, being aware of the different languages, time zones, customs, and cultures you may encounter in these new markets is also essential. Doing the necessary homework on all of these issues in advance can help avoid any potential problems down the road.
Why Partnering with Global PEO Is a Win-Win Solution For Businesses
- A PEO can be extremely beneficial to any organization, large or small. By removing the burden of HR management, a PEO can help an organization to focus on its core objectives and become more productive and efficient. In today’s challenging economic climate, a strong PEO can give your organization the competitive edge it needs to succeed.
- There is no need to worry about global employment HR management when you have a global PEO. This organization can help you save costs and improve productivity, making it easier for your company to compete in difficult economic times.
- There are many reasons why working with a professional employer organization (PEO) is better than managing your HR department. A PEO understands the complexities of international employment laws and can help take the guesswork out of legal compliance. They can also reduce your time on administrative tasks and help you stay compliant with industry standards.
- PEOs can provide a broad range of employee benefits that companies that don’t use them may not be able to offer. With the help of a global PEO and payroll solution, you can prevent employee turnover and ensure that your employees are well taken care of while employed with you. Stable employees will be less likely to change companies or leave their jobs altogether.
- PEO clients can often offer their employees a more comprehensive benefits package than those who don’t. Such benefits may include healthcare, dental, and vision coverage, or retirement plans PEOs also offer retirement plans and other financial benefits.
- PEOs can provide their clients with competitive advantages in the marketplace by pooling resources and sharing global employment risks.
How Does a Global PEO Work? What Is the “Co-employment” Model?
Organizations that partner with a Global Professional Employer Organization (PEO) enjoy many benefits. By working with a PEO, businesses can take advantage of a co-employment relationship which can free up time and resources that can be better spent on strategic decision-making and business growth. Global PEOs are responsible for payroll, withholding and paying payroll taxes, managing compensation and benefits coverage, and providing HR compliance guidance.
The global PEO becomes a co-employer of the organization’s employees, and PEO shares the employment responsibilities of the client organization. PEOs assume many administrative and HR compliance tasks that businesses would otherwise have to handle, giving business owners and management teams more time to focus on running their companies.
In addition, Professional Employment Organizations can provide valuable services and expertise that businesses might not be able to access on their own. Using a global PEO and payroll solution can be a great way for businesses to improve efficiency, save time and money, and gain access to valuable resources and expertise.
Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution was designed especially for companies like yours to smooth the way for quick, easy, and risk-free business operations in Namibia without establishing a legal business entity.
How to Choose a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) in Namibia?
The globalization of businesses, including outsourcing domestic positions and opening overseas offices, has created a greater demand for professional employer organizations (PEOs). These companies provide human resources (HR) services to their clients. They are categorized as third-party global employment businesses that handle payroll and benefits administration, tax withholdings, compliance with employment regulations, and other client HR-related obligations. PEOs offer their services through contracts that can be long-term or short-term in nature. A PEO is a good choice if you plan to outsource your global employment and HR functions or open an office in another country or a set of countries.
The first step in choosing a global PEO is understanding how these companies operate. Their primary function is to manage all the HR activities of the company they work with. This includes providing payroll services, managing employee benefits and finances, offering legal advice on employment issues, and handling training programs and other related functions.
Global PEOs can also help you if you’re looking to expand your business operations overseas by providing support for establishing an office abroad. They can help you determine the best location for your new operation based on the local employment cost, key personnel availability, available infrastructure and talent pool, immigration compliance, cost of living, legislation compatibility, government regulations and incentives by country, ease of business travel, and more.
Global Employment Solutions: How to Put Together a Hard Puzzle
There are many things that can go wrong when you try to find employment overseas. Acumen International can help you navigate these challenges, but it is important to be aware of the potential obstacles you may face.
As a Global PEO, our role is to enable organizations to quickly and easily hire employees in any country. We take care of all the employment-related details so that our clients can focus on their business goals. However, if candidates are unhappy at any stage, the whole arrangement can fail.
When making the decision to move abroad for work, your selected candidates consider a number of factors. The visa and work permit process complexities, currency fluctuations, lifestyle choices and family considerations can all impact their final decision.
As a PEO, we understand that when expanding your business globally, it’s vital to put your employees’ needs first. Considering the impact that this move will have on their lives, it’s important to think outside the box and make sure they are comfortable and supported every step of the way.
“It has become critical for organizations to have an understanding of applicable laws and regulations concerning issues such as minimum wages and benefits, employment standards, immigration and labor relations in each location. A Global PEO can play an important role in helping organizations navigate this complex global employment landscape through offering reliable and country-specific solutions and expert advice on matters related to compliance,” says Nick Ganzha, CEO and founder at Acumen International.
Acumen Global PEO and payroll solution can help you solve the hard puzzle of global employment. As a Global PEO partner, we help businesses meet all of their HR needs while also handling compliance issues that are specific to the international arena. By offering comprehensive global employment solutions and reality checks about the compliance aspects of employing staff across the globe, we can be an important resource for your in-house HR and Management teams.
How Much Does a Global PEO Charge?
Payroll taxes and service fees can be a big burden for employers. Many companies choose to use a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) to help with these costs. PEOs typically charge a percentage of the total payroll, including employee insurance fees. It can be difficult to determine the actual costs for these services, especially when some employer taxes are only paid on wages up to a certain threshold.
Single Global Service Agreement
A global PEO can cover all your international projects within a single contract and add new employees and services as you expand your global workforce in the new countries.
No Required Minimums
We accept projects of any length, with any number of employees.
Whether you need to scale up or down, we adjust your pricing based on the project employee number.
End-to-end Global Employment Solution
We manage all your global services, including employment, recruitment, immigration, legal and global HR consulting, saving you valuable time. And Acumen International covers the cost and saves you the effort of finding and selecting local employment-related service providers.
Acumen International – Your Single Point of Truth and Global Employment PEO Solutions Provider in Namibia
- 100 % compliant, quick, easy market entry. Acumen Global PEO is your local legal entity, helping you reduce the cost and time associated with incorporating
- Immediate global employment service coverage in 190 countries
- Both a single point of contact and a dedicated account manager for your project for all target countries
- Compliant and secure global employment operations. We help you adhere to all local laws and regulations in 190 countries
- A single contract for all in-country services (employment, immigration, legal, etc.)
- A single PEO provider assumes full responsibility for your international employees in multiple countries
- Payments are made within the UK or to the UK bank company account
- Fully compliant with standardized procedures and reporting systems
- You can delegate to Acumen Global PEO all HR responsibilities Payroll & benefits administration, background checks, and HR helpdesk
- Standard payroll breakdowns for all target countries
- As soon as we receive your request for a project in any country, we will send you a payroll breakdown and offer within 2 working hours
- Full 100% fee money-back guarantee for the employee or contractor payment delays.
- Tailored and 100% compliant employment contract drafts
- With Acumen in your corner, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions
- Acumen Global PEO protects your company’s Intellectual Property rights
Acumen International is here to help, from payroll and tax management to social security disbursements and immigration services. We’ll give you the peace of mind you need and reduce your company’s legal costs by 50% or more.
|Our Global PEO&Payroll||Client|
|Employment risks mitigation|
|Tax compliance & payroll processing|
|Incorporation costs||no need for own
|Coverage||190 countries||190 countries|
12 Benefits of Partnering with a Global PEO
The best global PEO is worth its weight in gold because of the services it provides. Without this kind of global employment support and talent engagement model in today’s fast-paced workplace environment, you will most likely not be able to compete on a global scene with other companies that have one.
PEOs are an exciting new trend in the business world. Initially created to help small businesses manage their employee benefits, PEOs are now being utilized by big corporations and start-ups alike. They offer many benefits that can help companies save money, including the ability to bundle services from multiple providers, lower prices for employee benefits, coordinated global administration payroll and benefits administration, and streamlined global employment compliance.
The greatest benefit of these organizations is the ability to outsource the time-consuming tasks associated with running a company while focusing on your organization’s core business. PEO’s also work well for companies with multiple locations or remote workers because they provide uniformity regarding worker experience. They can integrate any new hires into the overall culture of your organization.
Some of the benefits global PEOs offer to help companies save money.
- A Professional Employer Organization (PEO) is a third-party staffing firm that provides its clients with administrative, HR, and insurance services. It takes over all the time-consuming, tedious, and risky tasks your HR, Finance, and Operations Team would have to do, allowing them to focus on what they do best.
- By paying a flat rate to a global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) partner like Acumen International, you hand off almost all the heavy burdens of HR management so that you can focus on what matters.
- A PEO handles payroll and benefits administration for your employees. It also takes care of tax withholding and filing, workers compensation insurance, unemployment insurance administration, regulatory compliance, employee handbooks, HR compliance, training and development programs, employee relations issues management, and more.
- PEOs can provide a range of benefits to employees that other companies may not be able to offer. A PEO will also help with keeping track of your employee’s benefits and insurance across multiple jurisdictions, as well as making sure they stay up-to-date while they’re working for you. You might be surprised at how much time it takes to manage health insurance or pension plans, but PEOs deal with this daily. They make it their business to know what the most up-to-date employee benefits there are
- Reduced liability. Often, employers are unaware of potential liability issues regarding their employee’s insurance and benefits until it is too late. Using a global PEO to handle these matters instead of handling them on your behalf across foreign jurisdictions.
- A global PEO can help your company save on internal costs by acting as the single contact for insurance and benefits coverage. Global PEOs can also help improve the quality of your benefits coverage by providing access to a wider range of options.
- Your business faces many potential threats, from compliance issues to insurance costs and beyond. A global PEO can help you mitigate these risks by providing expert guidance and support.
- A global PEO can help with immigration challenges and other concerns that may impact your business.
- By partnering with a global PEO, clients can often secure more favorable terms on employee benefit plans.
- Streamlined payroll and tax filings: The PEO processes payroll and does all the necessary tax filings for the company, significantly reducing administrative overhead for employers.
- PEO clients have access to greater resources and opportunities for growth than other businesses.
- PEO clients have been shown to have a turnover rate that is 10-14% lower per year than comparable companies.
Global Payroll Calculator: Accurate Global Employment Cost Estimation
When hiring employees and contractors across the globe, you may not be choosing the most cost-effective and business-friendly country.
- Do you know which country is the most cost-effective place to hire employees?
- What are the costs of entity establishment and legal representation?
- What are the payroll costs and management fees?
- What are your ongoing annual tax compliance costs?
- Are you fully aware of banking implications?
- Did you know that labour laws and hidden costs could make your company less efficient when choosing a country to run your business?
- Did you know that there could be a more cost-effective country to hire employees in and save up to 50%?
- How to hire international teams without setting up a local entity?
This is because countries have different labor laws, compliance, and tax regulations. What if, instead of limiting your company’s international expansion by cutting through the jungle of local regulatory compliance, tax, labor, and immigration requirements, you could have all the information of 190 countries at your fingertips?
The Global Payroll Calculator is built by Acumen International to help businesses understand the compliance requirements for conducting business in a new country. Acumen’s research team tracks developments in 190 countries around the globe. It provides up-to-date data on local regulations related to tax, payroll regulations, benefits, hiring practices, compliance requirements, and other labor-related factors that impact an employer’s bottom line. This valuable information makes the Global Payroll Calculator an invaluable tool for businesses looking to expand internationally.
Global Payroll Calculator helps companies reduce labor costs by providing up-to-date information on hiring, compensation, and tax requirements. It is also an ideal tool for quickly locating employees in any country.
A Global PEO Can Help You Replace Numerous Vendors
It can be hard to trust global employment functions when you’re entering uncharted territory. Still, an Acumen Global PEO (Professional Employment Organization) can help your business get global and stay safe, secure, and compliant in foreign markets. So what is a Global PEO? It’s like a payroll company—but for employees in other countries. It’s like an employee benefits broker—but for employees worldwide. And it’s like a human resources consultant—but for businesses expanding internationally. So what does that mean for you?
PEOs are organizations that provide HR management and benefits to employers’ employees via a co-employer relationship or employee leasing arrangement. PEOs can help businesses with HR functions such as payroll, employee benefits, workers’ compensation, and visa and work permit sponsorship.
PEOs and employers share employment responsibilities, with the employer maintaining control over employee work performance and the PEO bearing responsibility for benefits, taxes, and payroll. When you work with a PEO, they become the co-employer of your workforce.
Co-employment is the result of a growing trend of companies employing internationally that do not have their own human resource departments in target countries, but instead outsource these functions to companies called global Professional Employer Organizations (or PEOs).
The co-employment model often comes with a variety of advantages, allowing companies to outsource the administrative burdens and risks associated with managing and retaining employees in a foreign jurisdiction.
it allows businesses to avoid the hassle and expense of being an employer of record. In a PEO arrangement, the end client partners with a PEO, which then employs the workers under a joint employment contract. This means that the workers are technically employed by the PEO, not the business itself.
As a co-employer, the PEO manages payroll, pays the employment taxes for worksite employees out of its account, collects and reports taxes, maintains a long-term relationship with employees, and potentially retains the right to hire, terminate and reassign employees.
Disclaimer: Any above information is subject to changes imposed by Namibia’s laws. To get the latest updates on taxation in Namibia and 190 countries worldwide, contact Acumen’s team of global employment experts.