- Overview: Senegal
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Immigration support for hiring expats in Senegal via a PEO
If your business objectives are related to hiring expatriate personnel in Senegal, there are some things you need to consider. Among them are:
- the peculiarities of immigration procedure in the country
- documents required to get a work permit
- in-country employment and payroll for foreign citizens after visa has been issued.
Given the fact that expats are often sent abroad for short-term projects, many companies often opt for no entity hiring. This means companies look for simpler, more cost-effective options versus onboarding and paying expats through their own local subsidiaries
For companies hiring and paying expats overseas and particularly in Senegal, a global PEO with work permit support as part of the service might be a viable alternative to incorporation in the country. A PEO service company will walk you and your expats through every step of immigration procedure in Senegal. After the work permit or visa have been received, a PEO provider would officially onboard and payroll your expats in a foreign country on your behalf.
Acumen International has been hiring and payrolling our clients’ expatriates in Senegal both short- and long-term. If you need to legally hire and pay the expatriates in Senegal, we can help you. Regardless of business objectives and timelines, Acumen International can arrange end-to-end work permit support for hiring your expats in full legal compliance with local labor legislation after the permit documents have been issued.
Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution is designed for:
- employer companies like yourself that want to relocate the selected expats to Senegal
- individuals that have an employer that is ready to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the country
- the service is mainly used by companies hiring highly skilled personnel that they send abroad to fill some top positions in Senegal.
Note: Having a single provider that would sponsor a work permit or visa on your behalf and then employs expats in Senegal, minimizes risks of visa rejection. In addition, it takes the hassle associated with immigration procedure off your head.
Unlike other global Professional Employer Organizations, Acumen International can provide extra benefits in addition to work permit received for further employment of expats in Senegal. This includes medical insurance, housing, office rent, mobile phone and car provision to meet-and-greet, dependents relocation, etc.
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals willing to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Senegal varies and depends on ‘Direction du Travail et de la Sécurité Sociale’ in Senegal.
Major steps to get a work permit in Senegal
- An applicant start by visiting the offices the ‘Direction du Travail et de la Sécurité Sociale’ to find out the procedure and requirements for obtaining a work permit in Senegal.
- When the above information is obtained, the applicant prepares all the necessary documents and makes copies of the same. Here the applicant must ensure that all documents are true copies and in a recognized language (French). Documents not in French must be translated and certified as true copies by authorized personnel;
- After compiling all documents, the applicant prepares an application letter for the Work Permit addressed to the Ministry of Interior and submit it together with all the necessary documents to the ‘Direction du Travail et de la Sécurité Sociale’;
- When application is received, documents are examined and assessed to see if application meets all the requirements;
- If approved, the applicant is issued authorization to stay in country for a given period of time and a foreign identification is issued as proof.
Documents for work permit in Senegal, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Application addressed to the Ministry of interior;|
|A copy of valid passport|
|Recent police clearance certificate from home country|
|A birth certificate|
|Recent medical certificate|
|Certificate of exemption from the repatriation guarantee (those exempted from repatriation guarantee)|
|Three (3) recent passport photographs|
|Registration certificates of employing company in Senegal|
|Application addressed to the Ministry of Labour|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Senegal without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Call us for more information about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Senegal.