- Overview: Uganda
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Using a PEO Service With Immigration Support For Expat Hiring In Uganda
If you have plans to hire expatriate personnel for international assignments in Uganda, you have a lot of key considerations to make. Some of the most important include:
- Navigating Ugandan unique immigration procedures
- Procuring all the documents required for a work permit
- Managing employment and payroll after your workers get their visas
Most of the time, expats are sent abroad to work on short-term projects, which means trying to set up your own subsidiary isn’t practical in terms of time as well as money. A simpler, more cost-effective solution is equal.
If you need to pay expats overseas, in Uganda, in particular, that ideal solution is a global PEO that offers work permit support as a part of their service. Rather than going through the long process of incorporation, a PEO service will guide you through all the steps for Ugandan immigration procedures. When you get your permit/visa, the provider then helps onboard and payroll your expat team for you.
Acumen International has been providing this service for our clients’ expatriate personnel in Uganda for short- and long-term projects alike. If you want a quick and compliant way to manage this issue, we can help. No matter what business objectives or timelines you have to work with, Acumen International provides end-to-end work permit support. We also stay within full legal compliance with local labor legislation in Uganda and 190+ other countries.
So, with this in mind, who are the ideal candidates for Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution?
- Employer companies that want to relocate, hire, and pay expats in Uganda.
- Experienced, individual professionals that have an employer already prepared to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the country.
- Companies that plan to send their highly skilled personnel to work for them in Uganda
Important thing that you may not be aware of. Having a single provider to sponsor your work permit and employ your expats in Uganda post immigration cuts down on the risks of visa getting rejected.
One thing that sets us apart from other global PEO Service providers is that Acumen also provides additional benefits along with a PEO employment and work permit for expats to be employed on-the-ground. These include:
- Medical insurance
- Office rent
- Mobile phone/car provision for meetings
- Dependant relocation
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals looking to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance for citizens in Uganda takes 1 month.
Major steps to get a work permit in Uganda
- Submit all necessary documents.
- Go to Cashier window (at Internal Affairs and get payment receipt).
- Take payment receipt (bill) to Diamond Trust Bank, Main Branch, on Kampala Road and make payment.
- Wait in line. Make payment.
- Check with Ministry of Internal Affairs to inquire if your work permit has been processed.
- If it is, you give them your passport and wait to be called for the permit.
Documents for work permit in Uganda, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Fill Employment pass form|
|2 passport size photos.|
|Photocopies of passport.|
|Letter of good conduct.|
|Covering letter from company.|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Uganda without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Call us for more information about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Uganda.