- Overview: Sri Lanka
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global PEO and Payroll in Sri Lanka
As you expand your business operations into new countries, it is essential to understand that each expansion is its unique challenge. Various factors, such as local and home country laws, the type of activities undertaken, and your company’s goals and risk tolerance will dictate your compliance obligations and budget. By carefully considering all of these elements, you can ensure a successful expansion into any new market.
What is a Global PEO?
Are you looking for a hassle-free way to manage your company’s global employment needs? Look no further than a global PEO. A global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) can offer comprehensive global employment solutions in 190 countries.
Our flexible approach means that we can scale up or down according to your business needs, and we minimize risk by protecting your company’s IP and employees. Delegate global employment responsibilities to us and focus on running your business!
Acumen’s Global PEO and payroll solution includes payroll and benefits administration, background checks, immigration support, and more. Quick and easy market entry is guaranteed with PEO – we are your local legal entity, so there is no need to incorporate. Plus, our compliance with all local laws and regulations ensures that you can operate securely and confidently.
15 Burdens a Global PEO Can Relieve for Your In-House HR Department
- Global expansion complexity
- Global payroll administration
- Employee benefits administration
- Drafting compliant employment contracts to adhere to local labor and tax regulations in 190 countries
- Lengthy onboarding
- Complex and risky offboarding
- Background checks
- Guidance on best practices of voluntary benefits provisioning
- Immigration and relocation support for your ex-pat workforce, such as visa sponsorship and securing work permits
- Lack of institutional knowledge.
- IP right protection
- Lack of local and international legal support
- Convert local contractors into full-time employees
- Business transitions: acquisitions, mergers, close downs
- Need to deal with multiple global employment service providers.
How Does a Global PEO Work? What Is the “Co-employment” Model?
Organizations that partner with a Global Professional Employer Organization (PEO) enjoy many benefits. By working with a PEO, businesses can take advantage of a co-employment relationship which can free up time and resources that can be better spent on strategic decision-making and business growth. Global PEOs are responsible for payroll, withholding and paying payroll taxes, managing compensation and benefits coverage, and providing HR compliance guidance.
The global PEO becomes a co-employer of the organization’s employees, and PEO shares the employment responsibilities of the client organization. PEOs assume many administrative and HR compliance tasks that businesses would otherwise have to handle, giving business owners and management teams more time to focus on running their companies.
In addition, Professional Employment Organizations can provide valuable services and expertise that businesses might not be able to access on their own. Using a PEO can be a great way for businesses to improve efficiency, save time and money, and gain access to valuable resources and expertise.
Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution was designed especially for companies like yours to smooth the way for quick, easy, and risk-free business operations in Sri Lanka without establishing a legal business entity.
What Services Does a Global PEO (Professional Employment Organization) Provide?
- Global Payroll management;
- Compliance with local tax rules (file & deposit) of the country where the EOR company is located;
- Handling compliant employment contracts:
- Background, education, and other checks;
- Onboarding and termination processes, as well as employee’s compensation;
- Arranging visas and work permits for employees;
- Ensuring the working process is organized under local labor laws;
- Processing workers’ medical insurance and other benefits (day-offs, bonuses, and more);
- Global employment process maps, matter maps, employment guides, and other documentation.
7 Benefits of Partnering with a Global PEO and EOR
- A Professional Employer Organization (PEO) is a third-party staffing firm that provides its clients with administrative, HR, and insurance services. It takes over all the time-consuming, tedious, and risky tasks your HR, Finance, and Operations Team would have to do, allowing them to focus on what they do best.
- By paying a flat rate to a global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) partner like Acumen International, you hand off almost all the heavy burdens of HR management so that you can focus on what matters.
- A PEO handles payroll and benefits administration for your employees. It also takes care of tax withholding and filing, workers compensation insurance, unemployment insurance administration, regulatory compliance, employee handbooks, HR compliance, training and development programs, employee relations issues management, and more.
- PEOs can provide a range of benefits to employees that other companies may not be able to offer. A PEO will also help with keeping track of your employee’s benefits and insurance across multiple jurisdictions, as well as making sure they stay up-to-date while they’re working for you. You might be surprised at how much time it takes to manage health insurance or pension plans, but PEOs deal with this daily. They make it their business to know what the most up-to-date employee benefits there are
- Reduced liability. Often, employers are unaware of potential liability issues regarding their employee’s insurance and benefits until it is too late. Using a global PEO to handle these matters instead of handling them on your behalf across foreign jurisdictions.
- A global PEO can help your company save on internal costs by acting as the single contact for insurance and benefits coverage. Global PEOs can also help improve the quality of your benefits coverage by providing access to a wider range of options.
- Your business faces many potential threats, from compliance issues to insurance costs and beyond. A global PEO can help you mitigate these risks by providing expert guidance and support.
Difference between a Global EOR and a PEO. Employment Risk Mitigation Strategy
When expanding your business into new countries, there are many benefits to using a global PEO (Professional Employment Organization) or EOR (Employer of Record). A global PEO or an EOR is an alternative to hiring your employees via an in-country legal entity. Instead of hiring your employees, you contract with a global employment solutions provider to hire and manage them for you.
A Global PEO and EOR Partners can handle all the immigration, hiring, payroll, tax, and HR compliance for you, freeing up your time to focus on other aspects of running your business. And if you ever need to leave the country, you can do so without being tied down by any long-term commitments.
However, both global PEOs and EORs work differently. So, it’s important to understand the differences between the two, so you can find the right one for your needs.
The main difference between a global EOR and a PEO is how they hire the workers. A global PEO assigns employees to the client company for employment so that it can replace the clients in their duties of hiring and managing the employees. The PEO is not a direct employer on paper. An EOR, on the other hand, is an employer of record in the country of business. They hire and terminate employees on behalf of the client company.
|Employment Model||Co-employer||Sole Employer|
|Key Services||Global employment, payroll, benefits, immigration (visa, work permits), mobility||Global employment, payroll, benefits, immigration (visa, work permits), mobility|
|Local Entity Establishment||Required||Optional|
|Liability||Shares responsibilities and liabilities||Assumes all responsibilities and liabilities|
|Global Labour & HR Compliance||Optional||Required|
How to Choose a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) in Sri Lanka?
If you’ve considered hiring internationally, you may be considering the pros and cons of partnering with a global PEO. These organizations help you take advantage of international talent, particularly in countries where the workforce might otherwise be underutilized. Establishing an overseas subsidiary and employing a foreign workforce can be complicated, though—especially if it’s your first time doing it.
To get started, first decide what it is you need to accomplish through your international expansion. Will you be looking to expand into new markets? Are you looking to improve efficiency by outsourcing some jobs? Do you have temporary needs that could be met by hiring a temporary employee or contractor? Once you know what you need, you can look for a global PEO and Payroll solution that can address those needs.
Remember that each business is unique and requires a customized approach. The right global PEO partner will work with your team to understand your goals and challenges before recommending solutions. Make sure they can provide the services and coverage in all your business areas—including payroll and compliance, as well as HR management services such as benefits administration and workers’ compensation insurance. Get references from other clients in your industry to ensure you make the best choice for your business.
Acumen International – Your Single Point of Truth and Global Employment PEO Solutions Provider in Sri Lanka
- 100 % compliant, quick, easy market entry. Acumen Global PEO is your local legal entity, helping you reduce the cost and time associated with incorporating
- Immediate global employment service coverage in 190 countries
- Both a single point of contact and a dedicated account manager for your project for all target countries
- Compliant and secure global employment operations. We help you adhere to all local laws and regulations in 190 countries
- A single contract for all in-country services (employment, immigration, legal, etc.)
- A single PEO provider assumes full responsibility for your international employees in multiple countries
- Payments are made within the UK or to the UK bank company account
- Fully compliant with standardized procedures and reporting systems
- You can delegate to Acumen Global PEO all HR responsibilities Payroll & benefits administration, background checks, and HR helpdesk
- Standard payroll breakdowns for all target countries
- As soon as we receive your request for a project in any country, we will send you a payroll breakdown and offer within 2 working hours
- Full 100% fee money-back guarantee for the employee or contractor payment delays.
- Tailored and 100% compliant employment contract drafts
- With Acumen in your corner, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions
- Acumen Global PEO protects your company’s Intellectual Property rights
Acumen International is here to help, from payroll and tax management to social security disbursements and immigration services. We’ll give you the peace of mind you need and reduce your company’s legal costs by 50% or more.
|Our Global PEO&Payroll||Client|
|Employment risks mitigation|
|Tax compliance & payroll processing|
|Incorporation costs||no need for own
|Coverage||190 countries||190 countries|
A Global PEO Can Help You Replace Numerous Vendors
If you’re looking to streamline your company’s operations and get a handle on global workforce management, partnering with a global professional employer organization (PEO) can be a great solution. PEOs can provide a full suite of services to help you replace the following numerous vendors.
- Payroll Company
- Employee Benefits Broker
- HR Consultants
- Background Checks Vendors
- IP Attorney
- Tax Advisor
- Translation service
- Legal Advisor
- Immigration Advisor
- HR Compliance Advisor.
- Licensing Consultancy
Global Payroll Calculator: Accurate Global Employment Cost Estimation
When hiring employees and contractors across the globe, you may not be choosing the most cost-effective and business-friendly country.
- Do you know which country is the most cost-effective place to hire employees?
- What are the costs of entity establishment and legal representation?
- What are the payroll costs and management fees?
- What are your ongoing annual tax compliance costs?
- Are you fully aware of banking implications?
- Did you know that labour laws and hidden costs could make your company less efficient when choosing a country to run your business?
- Did you know that there could be a more cost-effective country to hire employees in and save up to 50%?
- How to hire international teams without setting up a local entity?
This is because countries have different labor laws, compliance, and tax regulations. What if, instead of limiting your company’s international expansion by cutting through the jungle of local regulatory compliance, tax, labor, and immigration requirements, you could have all the information of 190 countries at your fingertips?
The Global Payroll Calculator is built by Acumen International to help businesses understand the compliance requirements for conducting business in a new country. Acumen’s research team tracks developments in 190 countries around the globe. It provides up-to-date data on local regulations related to tax, payroll regulations, benefits, hiring practices, compliance requirements, and other labor-related factors that impact an employer’s bottom line. This valuable information makes the Global Payroll Calculator an invaluable tool for businesses looking to expand internationally.
Global Payroll Calculator helps companies reduce labor costs by providing up-to-date information on hiring, compensation, and tax requirements. It is also an ideal tool for quickly locating employees in any country.
Global Employment Solutions: How to Put Together a Hard Puzzle
There are many things that can go wrong when you try to find employment overseas. Acumen International can help you navigate these challenges, but it is important to be aware of the potential obstacles you may face.
As a Global PEO, our role is to enable organizations to quickly and easily hire employees in any country. We take care of all the employment-related details so that our clients can focus on their business goals. However, if candidates are unhappy at any stage, the whole arrangement can fail.
When making the decision to move abroad for work, your selected candidates consider a number of factors. The visa and work permit process complexities, currency fluctuations, lifestyle choices and family considerations can all impact their final decision.
As a PEO, we understand that when expanding your business globally, it’s vital to put your employees’ needs first. Considering the impact that this move will have on their lives, it’s important to think outside the box and make sure they are comfortable and supported every step of the way.
“It has become critical for organizations to have an understanding of applicable laws and regulations concerning issues such as minimum wages and benefits, employment standards, immigration and labor relations in each location. A Global PEO can play an important role in helping organizations navigate this complex global employment landscape through offering reliable and country-specific solutions and expert advice on matters related to compliance,” says Nick Ganzha, CEO and founder at Acumen International.
Acumen Global PEO and Payroll solution can help you solve the hard puzzle of global employment. As a Global PEO partner, we help businesses meet all of their HR needs while also handling compliance issues that are specific to the international arena. By offering comprehensive global employment solutions and reality checks about the compliance aspects of employing staff across the globe, we can be an important resource for your in-house HR and Management teams.
Disclaimer: Any above information is subject to changes imposed by Sri Lanka’s laws. To get the latest updates on taxation in Sri Lanka and 190 countries worldwide, contact Acumen’s team of global employment experts.