- Overview:Dominican Republic
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Dominican Republic
Global employment services
Willing to hire international workforce in Dominican Republic? We are here to help you.
Send us your project details here, and we will be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Dominican Republic in a fast and cost-effective way.
Spotlight on Dominican Republic:
- Location – Located in the Caribbean and borders with Haiti.
- Capital – Santo Domingo.
- Population – 10.8 million.
- Labor force – 65.40 percent (2017).
- Currency – Dominican Peso (DOP).
- Export – 956.90 USD Million (2017). Export commodities: plastics, cigarettes, ferronickel, jewelry, bananas, electrical equipment, medical equipment, beverages, clothing, scrap metals. Main export partners: USA, Spain, UK, Haiti, China, Netherlands, Belgium, Cuba and Jamaica.
- Import – 1533 USD Million (2017). Import products: fuel, cotton, electrical equipment, oil, natural gas, corn, jewelry, electronic appliances, iron and steel. Main import partners: USA, Netherland Antilles, Brazil, Venezuela, China, Japan, Mexico, Colombia, Trinidad & Tobago.
- Holidays – New Year’s Day; Day of the Kings; Dia de Nuestra Senora de La Altagracia; Birthdate of Juan Pablo Duarte Diez; Independence Day; Good Friday; Labor Day; Habeas Christi; Day of Restoration; Dia de Las Mercedes; Constitution Day; Christmas Day.
More and more global companies are seeing the value of hiring international employees in Dominican Republic to have a presence on this market. With local legislative peculiarities, the challenge is to engage global workforce in a risk-free and cost-effective manner.
With this in mind, Acumen International has designed a global employment, aka International Employer of Record (EOR) payroll solution to help global companies, just like yours, expand their international reach or engage the brightest global talent with their projects. If you are seeking to reinforce your internal team with the expertise of a global talent based in Dominican Republic, if you have already selected a candidate and want him to work for you remotely from Dominican Republic in a legally compliant way, our global employment solution is the way for you to go.
Like every other country, Dominican Republic has its own employment nuances, which must be fully observed to ensure 100% compliance. Trust us to handle the global employment and HR side of your workforce management in Dominican Republic so you are sure that none of these nuances are missed and that your employees are employed and payrolled properly and compliantly.
Employer of Record solution in Dominican Republic
Global Employer of Record is an integrated solution that is designated to help you rise to the daunting challenges of hiring and managing your remote employees in Dominican Republic, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- and arranging for visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Dominican Republic
Via a Global Employer of Record solution, Acumen International can employ the selected candidate or candidates on your behalf in Dominican Republic in a record time. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating any employment risks for you and freeing you from the necessity to go into all legislative specificities or set everything up by yourselves. Also, we will resolve all local labor issues for you, which would give you freedom to focus on your main business objectives.
As part of the benefits of using our international Employer of Record and payroll outsourcing solution in Dominican Republic is that we can organize work permits and business visas in Dominican Republic required for expatriates’ immigration.