- Overview:Costa Rica
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Costa Rica
Global employment services
Willing to hire international workforce in Costa Rica? We are here to help you.
Send us your project details here, and we will be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Costa Rica in a fast and cost-effective way.
Spotlight on Costa Rica:
- Location – Costa Rica is a country in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua to the north, Panama to the southeast, the Pacific Ocean to the west, the Caribbean Sea to the east, and Ecuador to the south of Cocos Island.
- Capital – Costa Rica’s capital city is San José.
- Population – Costa Rica has a population of about 4,857 million and an area of 51,100 sq. km.
- Labor force – The labor force participation rate in Costa Rica in the fourth quarter of 2017 is 59.54 percent.
- Currency – The national currency of Costa Rica is Costa Rican colón.
- Holidays – Costa Rica has 11 major public holidays: New Year’s Day, Juan Santamaria Day, Good Thursday (Holy or Maundy Thursday, the day before Good Friday), Good Friday (the Friday before Easter), Workers or Labor Day (May Day), Guanacaste Day, Virgin of Los Angeles Day, Mother´s Day, Independence Day, National Cultures Day, Christmas Day.
More and more global companies are seeing the value of hiring international employees in Costa Rica to have a presence on this market. With local legislative peculiarities, the challenge is to engage global workforce in a risk-free and cost-effective manner.
With this in mind, Acumen International has designed a global employment, aka International Employer of Record (EOR) payroll solution to help global companies, just like yours, expand their international reach or engage the brightest global talent with their projects. If you are seeking to reinforce your internal team with the expertise of a global talent based in Costa Rica, if you have already selected a candidate and want him to work for you remotely from Costa Rica in a legally compliant way, our global employment solution is the way for you to go.
Like every other country, Costa Rica has its own employment nuances, which must be fully observed to ensure 100% compliance. Trust us to handle the global employment and HR side of your workforce management in Costa Rica so you are sure that none of these nuances are missed and that your employees are employed and payrolled properly and compliantly.
Employer of Record solution in Costa Rica
Global Employer of Record is an integrated solution that is designated to help you rise to the daunting challenges of hiring and managing your remote employees in Costa Rica, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- and arranging for visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Costa Rica
Via a Global Employer of Record solution, Acumen International can employ the selected candidate or candidates on your behalf in Costa Rica in a record time. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating any employment risks for you and freeing you from the necessity to go into all legislative specificities or set everything up by yourselves. Also, we will resolve all local labor issues for you, which would give you freedom to focus on your main business objectives.
As part of the benefits of using our international Employer of Record and payroll outsourcing solution in Costa Rica is that we can organize work permits and business visas in Costa Rica required for expatriates’ immigration.