- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Moldova
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Moldova? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Moldova quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Moldova:
- Location – officially the Republic of Moldova, is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe. It is bordered by Romania to the west and Ukraine to the north, east, and south
- Capital – Chișinău
- Population – 2,7 million (2019)
- Official language – Romanian (Moldovan)
- Recognized minority languages – Bulgarian, Gagauz, Ukrainian
- Government – Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic
- Currency – Leu (MDL)
- Dominant religion – Eastern Orthodoxy
- Labor force – 1,24 million people accounting for 41.8 % population as of 2019
- Exports – $2.7 billion (2018). Exportable goods: foodstuffs, textiles, machinery.
- Main export partners: Romania, Italy, Germany, Russia, Turkey, Poland.
- Imports – $5.8 billion (2018). Import products: mineral products, fuel, machinery, equipment, chemicals, textiles.
- Main import partners: Romania, Russia, China, Ukraine, Italy, Germany.
- Public holidays – New Year Day, Christmas, International Women’s Day, Easter, Labor Day, Remembrance Day, Victory Day, Day of the Republic, Limba Nastra, City Day.
Employment in Moldova
Employment in Moldova is conducted by means of a written employment contract. Individual labor contracts should be concluded in writing as well as collective labor contracts. The content of the individual labor contract is determined based on the agreement of the parties, in view of the current legislation.
The collective labor contract is the legal document that regulates the labor relations and other social relations in the entity, concluded in writing between the employee and employer by their representatives. Collective labor contracts can be concluded on the entity as a whole, as well as on its branches and representatives.
When the collective labor contract is concluded within one branch or representative of the entity, its party shall be the head of the respective subdivision, empowered by the employer for this purpose.
Freelancing is common in Moldova, but most people prefer employment status. Experts claim that only 10% of workers in Moldova (with the exception of government workers) are hired in compliance with every labor law, including an eight-hour working day, complete salary including taxes, employee benefits, and social security contribution.
Requirements Enabling Expatriate Employment in Moldova
Expatriate workers need to obtain a visa, work permit, residence permit, and certificate of immigration.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Moldova-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Moldova?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Moldova legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Moldova has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Moldova on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record in Moldova
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Moldova, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Moldova.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Moldova. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.