- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Russia
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Russia? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Russia quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Russia:
- Location – located in Eastern Europe and North Asia and borders with Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and North Korea
- Capital – Moscow
- Population – 146.7 million
- Official language – Russian
- Recognized minority languages – Tatar, Ukrainian
- Government – Federal dominant-party semi-presidential constitutional republic
- Currency – Russian ruble
- Dominant religion – Christianity
- Labor force – 73 million
- Exports – $353 billion (2017). Exportable goods: petroleum and petroleum products, natural gas, metals, wood and wood products, chemicals, and a wide variety of civilian and military manufactures
- Main export partners: EU, China, Belarus, Turkey, South Korea, India
- Imports – $238 billion (2017). Import products: machinery, vehicles, pharmaceutical products, plastic, semi-finished metal products, meat, fruits and nuts, optical and medical instruments, iron, steel
- Main import partners: EU, China, USA, Belarus, Japan
- Public holidays – New Year Holiday, Orthodox Christmas day, Defender of the Fatherland Day, International Women’s Day, Spring and Labour Day, Victory Day, Russia Day, Unity Day.
Employment in Russia
Employment in Russia is conducted by means of the following legislative acts and other regulations:
- the Constitution;
- the Labour Code;
- the Federal Law on Trade Unions, their Rights, the Guarantees of their Activity;
- the Federal Law on Employment of the Population of the Russian Federation;
- the Federal Law on Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation;
- the Federal Law on Amendment of Certain Legal Acts of the Russian Federation (Secondment Law).
Requirements for Expat Employment in Russia
Depending on citizenship or/and status provided to a foreign employee the following lineup of papers is required:
- work visa and work permit
- residence permit
- citizen of the customs union with the Russian Federation.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Russia-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from Russia?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Russia?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Russia legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Russia has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Russia on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record solution in Russia
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Russia, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Russia.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Russia. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.