- Global PEO and Payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Slovakia
What Is a Global Employer of Record?
A Global Employer of Record is a third-party employment solution that provides international employers with the legal and compliance protections they need to reduce risks associated with employment. This model allows businesses to focus on their objectives while outsourcing employment functions. With a Global Employer of Record, you can remain the actual employer and concentrate on your business objectives. The model is flexible, with terms based on the number of employees. There are no limits to project duration or employee number.
Hiring employees in other countries can be a complicated and time-consuming process. But with Global Employer of Record, things have become much easier. This new talent engagement model provides employers with a single point of contact for all their foreign employment needs, making it simpler to comply with local labour laws and streamline HR processes in Slovakia.
Global Employment Services by Employer of Record in Slovakia
Businesses in the process of expanding globally often face challenges when it comes to compliantly onboarding employees in foreign countries. In most cases, legal compliance requires the establishment of a legal in-country business entity, a complex, costly and time-consuming process that many employers are not ready to undertake.
To help your organization legally onboard and payroll a workforce in Slovakia, Acumen International offers a global employment solution via our Global Employer of Record (EOR) designed to help you circumvent the legalities of direct hiring, eliminating the need for you to establish a legal entity in Slovakia in order to conduct business there.
Global Mobility Services
- Employee Work Visa and Work Permit sponsorship for your international employees;
- Dependent Visa;
- Visa extension;
- Application for a sponsor license for a foreign national;
- Relocation assistance.
- Health checks;
- Criminal record checks;
- Background checks;
- Education checks.
- Employment Agreement drafting;
- Compliant worker onboarding on your behalf;
- Account setup in the payroll and HR system
- Employee data entry and records maintenance;
- Managing probation periods.
- Local Employment Contracts Compliance.
- In-country registration with statutory bodies;
- Day-to-day payroll management;
- Monthly pay-slips;
- Payroll frequency and country-specific requirements;
- 13th and 14th Salary
- End of financial year reporting.
Working Time & Time Off Administration
- Working hours;
- Public holidays;
- Annual leave;
- Parental leave;
- Sick leave;
- Additional Leave.
Tax Administration & Reporting
- Tax Reporting frequency and requirements;
- Employer taxes & contributions;
- Employee taxes & contributions;
- Withholding tax;
- Local tax payments in Slovakia and reporting to local authorities.
- Health insurance;
- Workers’ compensation;
- Unemployment insurance.
- Share plans for executives;
- Expenses reimbursement;
- Health insurance;
- Dental treatment;
- Cars, laptops, and cell phones provision;
- Business trip processing;
- Wellness programs.
Compliant handling of offboarding following country-specific regulations and procedures.
- Employment agreement termination under specific termination grounds
- By the employer (dismissal);
- by the employee (resignation);
- Notice period;
- Final settlement & severance payments.
- De-registration with statutory bodies.
Ongoing Compliance Support
- Reporting frequency and requirements
- Payroll regulations and legislation, including regional and local variations and updates
Ongoing Immigration Compliance Support
Since the immigration landscape is constantly changing, Acumen Global Alliance has established strategic alliances with trusted global providers that together offer a suite of support services to help ensure companies’ continued compliance with immigration regulations worldwide.
Customer Service, Reporting, Employee Query Management
- Transparency, accountability, and regular customer reporting;
- Single agreement for all target countries;
- 24/7 customer support;
- A dedicated account manager to guide and assist employers and employees through every step of the employment journey;
- A rapid response across all time zones;
- No language barrier;
- Handling employee requests in 190 countries.
8 Scenarios When You Might Need a Global Employer of Record in Slovakia
- You have hired an employee but are unhappy with your current employment service provider in Slovakia.
- You’ve decided to hire an independent contractor instead of a full-time employee in Slovakia, but you’re unsure if you comply with local laws and regulations.
- You are currently looking to improve the quality of your employment services in Slovakia.
- You can no longer afford to maintain a whole legal operation via your own entity in Slovakia
- You have a temporary project or one that doesn’t require you to open a legal entity in Slovakia.
- You need to hire a foreign workforce for your new project.
- To expand your business, you will need a mix of local and foreign employees. Those who are familiar with the local market will be able to help reduce the learning curve.
- International employers’ biggest challenge is supporting their organization’s employees when their business restructures or reorganizes. A global Employer of Record can support your business upon mergers, acquisitions or close-downs in Slovakia. When you manage the employee relations aspects during any business transitions (M&As or close-downs), you want to ensure that the process is seamless and 100% compliant.
Global Employer of Record in Slovakia — All Global Employment Services under One Roof
If you’re looking to streamline your company’s operations and get a handle on global workforce management, partnering with a global Employer of Record (EOR) can be a great solution. Acumen International Employer of Record can provide a full suite of services to help you replace the following numerous vendors.
- Payroll Company
- Employee Benefits Broker
- HR Consultants
- Background Checks Vendors
- IP Attorney
- Tax Advisor
- Translation service
- Legal Advisor
- Immigration Advisor
- HR Compliance Advisor.
- Licensing Consultancy
Spotlight on Slovakia
The Slovak Republic (Slovakia) is a landlocked country in Central Europe. It is bordered by the Czech Republic and Austria to the west, Poland to the north, Ukraine to the east, and Hungary to the south. Bratislava is Slovakia’s largest city, with over half a million population. It is Slovakia’s capital and the country’s main administrative center.
- Capital: Bratislava.
- Population: 5,460,251.
- Industries: The mountainous area of Slovakia has vast forests and pastures, which are used for intensive sheep grazing, and it is rich in mineral resources, including iron, copper, lead, and zinc. High-value-added industries, like electronics, engineering, and petrochemicals, are installed in the western part of the country. Sectors like automobiles and consumer goods are offering attractive opportunities to foreign investors.
- Local currency: Euro (€) (EUR).
Employ your Selected Workforce in Slovakia via Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) Solution
Acumen’s Global Employer of Record (EOR) solution was designed to help international companies like yours expand their global reach and engage the brightest global talent for their projects.
Global employment solutions by Acumen International help businesses overcome legal challenges by hiring and compensating your local and foreign workforce in Slovakia on your behalf risk-free and cost-effectively.
As an Employer of Record services provider, Acumen International helps businesses to legally engage and pay their selected highly skilled professionals in Slovakia. Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries to attract and retain the most qualified candidates.
Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) service in Slovakia offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hire. Our solution allows companies to operate in Slovakia, and in 190 international markets where we serve our clients without registering as a local business entity.
Acumen International offers a global PEO and payroll solution to take care of all payroll details while ensuring full compliance with in-country labor and taxation laws. To get more information about Acumen’s Global PEO and payroll service in Slovakia click here.