- Overview: Iraq
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Using a PEO Service With Immigration Support For Expat Hiring In Iraq
If you have plans to hire expatriate personnel for international assignments in Iraq, you have a lot of key considerations to make. Some of the most important include:
- Navigating Iraq’s unique immigration procedures
- Procuring all the documents required for a work permit
- Managing employment and payroll after your workers get their visas
Most of the time, expats are sent abroad to work on short-term projects, which means trying to set up your own subsidiary isn’t practical in terms of time as well as money. A simpler, more cost-effective solution is equal.
If you need to pay expats overseas, in Iraq, in particular, that ideal solution is a global PEO that offers work permit support as a part of their service. Rather than going through the long process of incorporation, a PEO service will guide you through all the steps for Iraq’s immigration procedures. When you get your permit/visa, the provider then helps onboard and payroll your expat team for you.
Acumen International has been providing this service for our clients’ expatriate personnel in Iraq for short- and long-term projects alike. If you want a quick and compliant way to manage this issue, we can help. No matter what business objectives or timelines you have to work with, Acumen International provides end-to-end work permit support. We also stay within full legal compliance with local labor legislation in Iraq and 190+ other countries.
So, with this in mind, who are the ideal candidates for Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution?
- Employer companies that want to relocate, hire, and pay expats in Iraq.
- Experienced, individual professionals that have an employer already prepared to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the country.
- Companies that plan to send their highly skilled personnel to work for them in Iraq
Important thing that you may not be aware of. Having a single provider to sponsor your work permit and employ your expats in Iraq post immigration cuts down on the risks of visa getting rejected.
One thing that sets us apart from other global PEO Service providers is that Acumen also provides additional benefits along with a PEO employment and work permit for expats to be employed on-the-ground. These include:
- Medical insurance
- Office rent
- Mobile phone/car provision for meetings
- Dependant relocation
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals looking to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Iraq takes 4-8 weeks.
Major steps to get a work permit in Iraq
- An employment offer is issued to the foreigner.
- The employer submits a written request to the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
- The Department of Labour and Vocational Training checks all the legal conditions and then approaches the relevant authorities to issue an entry visa to the employee.
Documents for work permit in Iraq, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Visa application form|
|Two color photographs of the applicant|
|Colour copy of the passport with at least 6 months validity|
|Official letter from the employer inviting the foreigner to work in Iraq|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Iraq without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Iraq.