- Overview: Qatar
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work Permit for Hiring Expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Employer of Record (EOR) in Qatar
What Is a Global Employer of Record?
A Global Employer of Record (Global EOR) is a third-party service provider that acts as the legal employer of a company’s employees in foreign countries. In contrast, the company retains full control over its work and daily tasks. The Global EOR manages all HR and employment-related tasks, such as payroll, taxes, compliance with local laws and regulations, benefits administration, and employee relations. This allows companies to expand their global presence without establishing a legal entity in each foreign country, saving time, money, and resources. The Global EOR assumes legal and financial liability for the employees, providing the company with a low-risk and flexible solution for global workforce management.
With Acumen International Global Employer of Record (EOR) in Qatar, you can easily manage your global employment and HR needs without worrying about the complexities involved. Partner with Acumen Global Employer of Record, and let us help you ensure that your workforce is compliant and up-to-date across all jurisdictions.
What Services Does a Global Employer of Record (EOR) Provide in Qatar?
Global Employment Journey — Recruitment. Onboarding. Management. Retention. Termination
Compliance and legal guidance at every step of the Global Employment Journey. 24/7 local support.
2. Global Mobility
5. Payroll Administration
6. Working Time & PTO Processing
7. Benefits Administration
8. Tax Administration & Reporting
|Talent skilled in highly-specialized areas||Employee Work Visa and Work Permit sponsorship||Health checks||Employment Agreement drafting||In-country registration with statutory bodies||Working hours||Mandatory Benefits||Tax Reporting frequency and requirements;||Employment agreement termination:|
|Executive search||Dependent Visa||Criminal record checks||Compliant worker onboarding on your behalf||Day-to-day payroll management||Overtime||Health insurance||Employer taxes & contributions||Dismissal – by the employer|
|Contingency workforce||Visa extension||Background checks||Account setup in the payroll and HR system||Monthly pay slips or other pay frequency||Public holidays||Workers’ compensation||Employee taxes & contributions||Resignation – by the employee|
|Application for a sponsor license for a foreign national||Education checks||Employee data entry and records maintenance||Accruals||Annual leave||Unemployment insurance||Withholding tax||Termination by mutual agreement|
|Relocation assistance||Managing probation periods||Allowances||Parental leave||Voluntary Benefits||Local tax payments and reporting to local authorities||Notice period handling|
|13th and 14th salary||Sick leave||Share plans for executives||End of financial year reporting||Final settlement & severance payments|
|Additional leave||Bonuses & Equipment provision||De-registration with statutory bodies|
|Expenses reimbursement & business trip processing|
|Health insurance, dental treatment|
Streamlining Global Employment in Qatar with Acumen Global Employer of Record (EOR)
- Compliance: Acumen Global EOR provides compliant hiring and payroll services in over 190 countries, continuously monitors legal and regulatory changes, offers tax and benefits guidance, and ensures labor, tax, payroll, and immigration compliance.
- Risk Control: Acumen Global EOR helps control risks associated with the permanent establishment, worker misclassification, under-taxation, HR and immigration compliance, and intellectual property rights.
- Need for Local Incorporation in Qatar: Acumen Global EOR provides outsourced HR support during new market testing, serves as an HR arm during global expansion, and assists with business transitions such as M&As and close-downs.
- Employee Transfer in Qatar: Acumen Global EOR facilitates employee transfers from PEO to PEO, EOR to EOR, and legal entity to legal entity and can help convert independent contractors to full-time employees.
- All-in-one Global Employment Solution in Qatar: Acumen Global EOR offers integrated global employment solutions that replace the need for multiple vendors, including payroll companies, employee benefits brokers, HR consultants, background checks vendors, IP attorneys, tax advisors, translation services, legal advisors, immigration advisors, and HR compliance advisors.
- Global Knowledge, Local Expertise, and Support in Qatar: Acumen Global EOR provides faster time-to-hire with streamlined paperwork and communication, one platform to onboard and manage all team members, streamlined global payroll, a single source of truth for contracts and documents, dedicated customer service, 24/7 local support, simplified hiring for full-time employees and contractors, and expertise with hiring and firing local and foreign workforce.
Efficient Payroll Management in Qatar with Acumen International EOR
Dealing with local labor laws and setting up a legal entity in Qatar can be a costly and time-consuming process for businesses expanding globally. Acumen International offers a global payroll solution that eliminates these headaches, allowing you to focus on essential business tasks while we handle all the payroll details.
In Qatar, having a comprehensive employment contract is a legal requirement for setting up payroll. The contract should include details such as the employee’s responsibilities, taxes, compensation, benefits, complaints procedure, measures for addressing misconduct, and termination and immigration requirements if applicable. Our team can assist in providing the necessary guidance to ensure compliance with local laws.
It is important to note that an employee offer letter in Qatar must list the salary and compensation amounts in the local currency instead of foreign currency. Our Global Employer of Record (EOR) in Qatar can provide expert advice on creating and managing employment contracts that meet legal requirements and best practices. Avoid the hassle and cost of setting up a local entity by partnering with Acumen International for your global payroll needs in Qatar.
Employ your Selected Workforce in Qatar via Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) Solution
Acumen’s Global Employer of Record (EOR) solution was designed to help international companies like yours expand their global reach and engage the brightest global talent for their projects. Employer of Record (EOR) solution in Qatar offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hire.
As an Employer of Record services provider, Acumen International helps businesses legally engage and pay they are selected highly skilled professionals in Qatar. Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries to attract and retain the most qualified candidates.
Acumen International offers a global EOR and payroll solution to handle all payroll details while ensuring compliance with in-country labor and taxation laws.
Employment Contracts in Qatar
A written employment contract is compulsory for a local to be employed. The Service Contract must be made in writing and attested by the Department and comprise three copies, one to be delivered to each party and the third to be deposited with the Department. If the service contract is not written, the worker may prove the labor relationship and the rights that have arisen therefrom by all means of proof.
All work permits, instructions, notices, schedules, and other documents issued by the employer in applying this Act must be in Arabic. Translation to other languages may be added, but Arabic must be the only language recognized in case of disputes.
Collective Agreements in Qatar
Collective agreements are not common in Qatar. In any establishment where thirty or more workers work, a joint committee may be formed embodying representatives of the employer and workers. The joint committee must deal with the study and discussion of all matters related to the work in the establishment. The committee must submit its recommendations to the employer to consider whether they can be implemented. The employers and workers have the right to conduct collective negotiations and conclude joint agreements on all matters related to the work.
Legally Onboard and Payroll your Employees in Qatar with Acumen’s Global Employment Solution
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their ex-pat employees
You can trust Acumen to handle your workforce management’s global employment and HR details in Qatar to ensure full compliance with in-country employment laws. Reduce risks while expanding your business without establishing your legal entity in Qatar.
Our Global Employer of Record service prepares all necessary contracts for the employment relationship. After signing the contracts, the employee can be registered for social security. The registration for social security must be done before the employee starts working. Once the employee has registered for social insurance, the onboarding process is complete, and the employee can start work.
Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we can organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Employer of Record and employ them on your behalf once legal permissions have been attained.
With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating your local and expatriate employees in Qatar and 190 countries worldwide, where we serve our international clients.
Spotlight on Qatar
- Location – officially, the State of Qatar is a country in Western Asia, occupying the small Qatar Peninsula on the northeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula.
- Capital – Doha
- Population – 2.688 million
- Official language – Arabic
- Recognized minority languages – English
- Government – Unitary absolute monarchy
- Currency – Riyal (QAR)
- Dominant religion – Islam
- Exports – $86.51 billion. Exportable goods: liquefied natural gas, petroleum products, fertilizers, steel.
- Main export partners: Japan, South Korea, Singapore, India, and China.
- Imports – $26.69 billion
- Main import partners: machinery and transport equipment, food, and chemicals.
- Public holidays – Eid al-Fitr, Eid Al-Adha, Independence day.