Employ Candidates Compliantly in United States of America

Get Express Quote
  1. Overview: United States of America (USA)
  2. Global PEO and payroll
  3. Visa, work permit & immigration support
  4. Expand without a company set up
  5. Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Other counrtries

Visa, work permit & immigration support in the United States

If you plan to have expat employees working for your company abroad without the cost of setting up your own business entity to employ them in the host country or countries, our global employment solution and work permit & immigration support is the way for you to go.

As a global employment organization, Acumen International takes on responsibility for visa and work permit sponsorship for your expatriate personnel that we employ locally on your behalf after they’ve received a work permit in the United States of America. We manage all aspects of immigration and ensure compliance with local employment laws and regulations, giving you an opportunity to focus on daily management of your expat employees instead of admin.

You can benefit from our work permit & immigration support in the following way:

  1. As a long-term solution allowing to have expats employed with full legal compliance in a foreign (host) country
  2. As an interim solution before establishing your own business entity in the United States of America

Solution for global mobility of expats in the USA

Acumen International can handle long-term international assignments for various types of expatriates in the United States of America to give you freedom from the exposures and liabilities of hiring expatriate staff there. To help companies like yourself take the first steps toward international growth fast and risk-free, we have turned the cumbersome immigration procedure into a doable solution, which can be tailored to the specific needs of your global mobility program.

With our expertise and years of experience in global immigration support, we offer a comprehensive solution to ensure that your international employees get their work permit within the standard duration of the immigration service in the United States of America and are officially employed through us afterwards. Learn more about the timelines requirements for getting a work permit in the United States of America below.

Estimated time for work permit issuance

Companies that desire to hire foreign professional employees to work for them in US will most likely apply for H-1B visa. Typically, the procedure for obtaining H-1B visa takes from 2 to 4 months until entry to the United States, and a further 1 week before the whole process is completed.

Major steps to get a work permit in the United States of America

  1. Labor Condition Application (LCA)
  2. H-1B Petition
  3. H-1B and H4 Visa Interview
  4. Entry to the U.S.

Documents for work permit in the USA, main applicant

Name Notes Copies
Educational or Experience Certificates with Equivalency Certification Original degree certificate and/or letters of experience preferred. However, USCIS, evaluators, and US Consuls will generally accept attorney certified copies. If the worker has a foreign degree, the degree must be evaluated by a recognized credentials evaluation service. If the worker is lacking the degree usually required to enter the occupation, his or her education and experience must be evaluated to determine whether his or her overall credentials are the equivalent of the usually required degree. Credentials evaluations involving a combination of education and experience require extensive documentation and are usually time-consuming, but are absolutely required in cases in which the normal university degree is lacking. One clear and certified copy
Copy of Passport Information Page With two blank visa pages. Valid for at least six months beyond the end of the visa validity date requested, although note that the U.S. has a bilateral treaty with some countries waiving that requirement. For instance, the U.S. and the Netherlands have a bilateral agreement whereby Dutch passports are recognized as valid for return to the Netherlands for a period of six months beyond the expiration date specified in the passport (and vice versa for American passports). However, the passport must still be valid for the length of the proposed trip. Thus, if planning a two month stay, the passport presented at the airport must be valid for at least that two-month period, but does not have to be still valid for six months. One clear copy
Resume/CV Showing relevant professional experience and education for at least the last five years. Additional information will be required if the foreign national does not have a university degree or his/her university degree is not in an academic field that is relevant to the nature of the work to performed in the United States. One clear copy
Digital Photograph To be uploaded to the DS-160 form. One original
DS-160 Online Application Form The application form requests significant biographic information regarding the applicant. One original
Evidence of legal immigration status Evidence of legal residency in the applicant’s country of residence, where the application is being made (if he/she holds a passport from a different country) One original
Appointment Confirmation Letter One original
Fee receipt Fee receipt for online visa fee payment (made at time of visa appointment booking). One original
Passport valid for 6 months beyond requested visa validity date With at least two blank pages. One original
1 U.S. Passport Photograph 5 x 5 cm (2” by 2”), in color, taken within the last six months One original
DS-160 Confirmation Page Confirmation page of the online nonimmigrant visa application form DS-160. One clear copy

If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in the United States of America without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.

Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.

Call us for more information about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in the United States of America.

Ready to Get Started?
Get Express Quote