- Overview: Bolivia
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global PEO and Payroll in Bolivia
Many companies seek global expansion, but they often get bogged down by the complexity of international regulations. They might not know where to begin or even how to find the right partners to help them navigate this new territory.
Or, they may be operating in a well-established market with no foreseeable near-term plans for growth outside their home country and therefore may not see the point in an international expansion.
Some companies have invested the time and money necessary to create a robust, global infrastructure that meets the demands of their business model. And some companies have been lucky enough to grow internationally by following a few rules of thumb. This article will give you an overview of the most common approaches to international expansion and identify some key considerations when choosing.
It’s not hard to see why so many businesses are drawn to expand overseas. But it’s important to remember that corporate and indirect tax, immigration, employer obligations, and more laws are constantly evolving. What may have been widely accepted ten or even five years ago as a rule of thumb may no longer apply. Permanent establishment laws, for example, are changing rapidly to account for the digital economy and to stem the tide of base erosion and profit shifting.
Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution was designed especially for companies like yours, to smooth the way for quick, easy and risk-free business operations in Bolivia, without having to establish a legal business entity.
Global Expansion and Global Employment Challenges
When expanding your business operations to new countries, there are many important issues to consider to ensure compliance and avoid any potential problems on the global expansion journey.
These can include global HR administration issues such as securing business visas and permits, drafting employment contracts that comply with labor and tax laws across multiple jurisdictions, data privacy and intellectual property rights, global payroll and accounting considerations, and local statutory requirements.
There may also be a need to comply with various regulatory requirements relating to currency controls, foreign employment restrictions, and employee classification. Additionally, multi-jurisdictional tax considerations, risks, and liabilities should be taken into account, along with complex tax filing requirements and potential litigation risks.
Finally, being aware of the different languages, time zones, customs, and cultures you may encounter in these new markets is also essential. Doing the necessary homework on all of these issues in advance can help avoid any potential problems down the road.
What is a Global PEO?
A PEO, or Professional Employer Organization, is a company that specializes in handling human resources for other businesses. PEOs can provide a wide range of services, such as payroll processing, benefits administration, tax reporting, workers’ compensation insurance, unemployment insurance claims management, employee screening, legal and regulatory compliance assistance, HR consulting, immigration services, and other financial services. Businesses that partner with a PEO can outsource many of their HR needs and focus on running their core operations.
With a robust global PEO and Payroll solution, you can make global employment decisions quickly and confidently – without getting buried in immigration or labor compliance work. You can quickly and easily employ your pre-selected world-class talent from any country. Perhaps more importantly, with our Global PEO services, we minimize your permanent establishment, employee immigration, or misclassification risk – leaving you free to focus on running your business.
With a Global PEO, you don’t need to worry about the cost of maintaining a workforce, recruitment, securing visas or work permits for foreign hires, issuing documents, managing payroll and employee benefits, collecting payroll tax, and paying personal and corporate taxes.
Entering into a partnership with a global PEO who is committed to helping provide excellent employment opportunities. This partnership will enable you to dramatically expand your services and reach in any part of the world.
Burdens a Global PEO Can Relieve for Your In-House HR Department
- Global expansion complexity
- Global payroll administration
- Employee benefits administration
- Drafting compliant employment contracts to adhere to local labor and tax regulations in 190 countries
- Lengthy onboarding
- Complex and risky offboarding
- Background checks
- Workforce compensation administration
- Compliance assistance
- Guidance on best practices of voluntary benefits provisioning
- Immigration and relocation support for your ex-pat workforce, such as visa sponsorship and securing work permits
- Lack of institutional knowledge.
What Services Does a Global PEO (Professional Employment Organization) Provide?
- Global Payroll management;
- Compliance with local tax rules (file & deposit) of the country where the EOR company is located;
- Handling compliant employment contracts:
- Background, education, and other checks;
- Onboarding and termination processes, as well as employee’s compensation;
- Arranging visas and work permits for employees;
- Ensuring the working process is organized under local labor laws;
- Processing workers’ medical insurance and other benefits (day-offs, bonuses, and more);
- Global employment process maps, matter maps, employment guides, and other documentation.
How to Choose a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) in Bolivia?
As you consider hiring a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), carefully research the company. A PEO supports a business’ human resources operations outside its owner’s area of expertise. When businesses outsource their HR operations, they can save money on labor costs and gain access to an array of benefits and services.
To choose the best PEO for your business or organization, you must evaluate multiple factors, including location, industry experience, breadth of services and benefits, and fee structure. A good PEO and Payroll solution will provide HR solutions to a variety of industries and business sizes. It also should have a strong track record with many satisfied clients.
The cost of a global PEO will vary depending on the spectrum of services your business needs. Before you sign a contract, read it carefully and be sure it matches your needs. Consider how each PEO’s solution and service could meet your current and future needs. Some may offer a full suite of global employment and HR services, while others specialize in international payroll or benefits administration.
Acumen International – Your Single Point of Truth and Global Employment PEO Solutions Provider in Bolivia
- 100 % compliant, quick, easy market entry. Acumen Global PEO is your local legal entity, helping you reduce the cost and time associated with incorporating
- Immediate global employment service coverage in 190 countries
- Both a single point of contact and a dedicated account manager for your project for all target countries
- Compliant and secure global employment operations. We help you adhere to all local laws and regulations in 190 countries
- A single contract for all in-country services (employment, immigration, legal, etc.)
- A single PEO provider assumes full responsibility for your international employees in multiple countries
- Payments are made within the UK or to the UK bank company account
- Fully compliant with standardized procedures and reporting systems
- You can delegate to Acumen Global PEO all HR responsibilities Payroll & benefits administration, background checks, and HR helpdesk
- Standard payroll breakdowns for all target countries
- As soon as we receive your request for a project in any country, we will send you a payroll breakdown and offer within 2 working hours
- Full 100% fee money-back guarantee for the employee or contractor payment delays.
- Tailored and 100% compliant employment contract drafts
- With Acumen in your corner, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions
- Acumen Global PEO protects your company’s Intellectual Property rights
Acumen International is here to help, from payroll and tax management to social security disbursements and immigration services. We’ll give you the peace of mind you need and reduce your company’s legal costs by 50% or more.
|Our Global PEO&Payroll||Client|
|Employment risks mitigation|
|Tax compliance & payroll processing|
|Incorporation costs||no need for own
|Coverage||190 countries||190 countries|
How Much Does a Global PEO Charge?
Global PEOs typically mark up payroll totals by a certain percentage to cover taxes and fees. This figure can vary depending on the size and scope of the business. Some Global PEOs also include the cost of employee insurance plans in their overall percentage, while others bill for these separately. It can be difficult to determine actual costs since some employer taxes (state and federal unemployment taxes, Social Security) are only paid on annual wages that exceed a certain threshold.
Global Payroll Management & Compliance Considerations
Managing employees in different countries can be a complex and challenging task. Employees may need to be registered and taxed differently in each country, and there may be other laws that need to be followed. This can make it very hard to keep track of everything and ensure everything is done correctly.
When it comes to payroll, there are many different regulations that you must follow to avoid penalties or litigation. Each country has its laws and regulations, but some standards apply internationally. You must know and adhere to tax deadlines, withholding and reporting laws, and regulations requiring employee tax slip signatures. If you fail to adhere to these payroll compliance rules, you could face severe penalties that could negatively impact your business.
Global payroll management is a complex process that requires careful consideration of various factors. Payroll specialists must consider local regulations and taxation requirements, which can be time-consuming and difficult to navigate. However, by addressing some key challenges and partnering with a Global PEO, organizations can ensure compliant, accurate, and timely payments.
Global Payroll Calculator: Accurate Global Employment Cost Estimation
When hiring employees and contractors across the globe, you may not be choosing the most cost-effective and business-friendly country.
- Do you know which country is the most cost-effective place to hire employees?
- What are the costs of entity establishment and legal representation?
- What are the payroll costs and management fees?
- What are your ongoing annual tax compliance costs?
- Are you fully aware of banking implications?
- Did you know that labor laws and hidden costs could make your company less efficient when choosing a country to run your business?
- Did you know that there could be a more cost-effective country to hire employees in and save up to 50%?
This is because countries have different labor laws, compliance, and tax regulations. What if, instead of limiting your company’s international expansion by cutting through the jungle of local regulatory compliance, tax, labor, and immigration requirements, you could have all the information of 190 countries at your fingertips?
Acumen International offers the Global Payroll Calculator to help businesses understand the compliance requirements for conducting business in a new country. Acumen’s research team tracks developments in 190 countries around the globe. It provides up-to-date data on local regulations related to tax, payroll regulations, benefits, hiring practices, compliance requirements, and other labor-related factors that impact an employer’s bottom line. This valuable information makes the Global Payroll Calculator an invaluable tool for businesses looking to expand internationally.
Global Payroll Calculator helps companies reduce labor costs by providing up-to-date information on hiring, compensation, and tax requirements. It is also an ideal tool for quickly locating employees in any country.
International Global Payroll and Taxation in Bolivia
Employment related taxes
Personal income tax (PIT). Employers have an obligation to withhold and pay to the tax authorities the RC-IVA on gross income after deduction of social contributions and other concepts established by tax law.
An employee is taxed on salaries, bonuses (except Christmas bonus), living allowances, housing allowances, tax reimbursements, benefits in kind and any other form of income/compensation earned as an employee for work carried out in Bolivia. There are no concessions to short-term foreign residents.
Tax Resident employees. Bolivia taxes individuals only on their Bolivian-source income, regardless of their nationality/residence. In this regard, income arising from goods/assets located or utilized economically within Bolivian territory and performance of any activity carried out within the country is considered Bolivian-source income. No Bolivian taxes are imposed on foreign-source income earned by individuals.
Non-tax resident employees. Bolivia doesn’t define the concept of residence.
Payroll Cycle in Bolivia
Salaries must be paid at the end of each month.
13th salary in Bolivia
A 13th salary is required at the end of the year and is equivalent to one month’s pay (Aguinaldo). The Christmas bonus is not subject to tax and social security contributions.
14th-month is also a mandatory bonus if GDP is over 4.50% or makes annual profits. All employees must receive one additional monthly salary, subject to a cap of 25.00% of the company’s profits (Profit bonus (Prima).
Ready to get started? Request a quote!
How Acumen’s International PEO and Payroll Service can Benefit Your Business in Bolivia
Compensating your local and expat workforce in Bolivia and closely adhering to Bolivian taxation requirements can divert your attention and resources from activities that help your business grow. A reliable global employment solution like Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll service can take a substantial burden off your shoulders so you can focus on running your company.
Outsourcing the administrative and compliance tasks involved in employee payroll is one approach, but we have a better solution. Acumen International offers a global PEO and payroll solution that goes beyond outsourcing. We hire and compensate your global workforce on your behalf, and take care of all the details of payroll while ensuring full compliance with Bolivian labor and taxation laws.
It is important to note that Acumen does not provide international global payroll services as a standalone solution, but only as a part of our global PEO and Payroll solution.
Our comprehensive global PEO and payroll services are just some of the benefits of partnering with Acumen International. We make it easy for you to achieve your business goals in Bolivia by officially employing and compensating your best selected global talent – both locals and expats – without concerns for legal and compliance risks faced by global employers.
Disclaimer: Any of the above information is subject to changes imposed by Bolivian laws. To get the latest updates on taxation in Bolivia and in 190 countries worldwide, contact Acumen’s team of global employment experts.