- Overview: Guyana
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Using A PEO Service With Immigration Support With Expat Hiring In Guyana
Looking to hire expatriate personnel for international assignments in Guyana? This is a loaded process to go through, including finding ways to:
- Stay compliant with Guyana immigration laws
- Have all the necessary documents for work permit sponsorship
- Effectively manage employment and payroll when your team has their visas
Compounding the issue is that a lot of expat workers generally go into Guyana to handle shorter projects. So it doesn’t make much sense to set up your own subsidiary to arrange local payroll for your employees. Instead, you may want to take a look at a simpler solution.
For those that want to hire and pay expats in Guyana, that means enlisting a global PEO that includes work permit support. This saves your company the headache of trying to incorporate in a new country. Your new PEO partner will provide all the guidance you need to handle Guyana immigration procedures to get your team their visas/permits. After that, they can also help with onboarding and payroll for your expat team.
Acumen International has provided this service for our clients’ expatriate personnel in Guyana, both for short- and long-term projects. We offer a compliant and fast way to get your team on the ground and working. No matter your timeline or business goals, Acumen International offers end-to-end work permit support and ensures full compliance with local labor legislation in Guyana and over 190 other countries.
Curious as to the best matches for Acumen’s work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution? These include:
- Employer companies that plan to relocate, hire, and utilize expat workers in Guyana.
- Seasoned professionals that have already found an employer to finance their immigration and foreign employment, but just need to simplify the process.
- Businesses planning to hire highly-skilled expats and send them to fill top positions in Guyana.
A side note, you may not realize that by partnering with a single provider to handle both expat employment and work permit sponsorship, it’s a lot less likely your visas will be rejected. Our global immigration support will also save you time from trying to understand and navigate the different international rules and regulations.
Compared to other global PEO services, Acumen provides added benefits outside of a work permit if you have personnel on international assignments in Guyana. These include:
- Medical insurance
- Office rent
- Dependant relocation
- Mobile phone/car provision for meetings
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals looking to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Guyana takes between 7 to 30 working days to process a Guyanan work permit.
Major steps to get a work permit in Guyana
- The prospective employer in Guyana must apply on the employee’s behalf to the Department of Citizenship and Immigration for a work permit/employment visa on arrival.
- If the Department of Citizenship and Immigration is satisfied with the credentials of the applicant, a letter is given to the employer stating that the foreign national may be employed by the employer. The letter also sets out the requirements for a medical certificate and registration with the Guyana Revenue Authority.
- The prospective employee must submit a copy of the letter from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration to the Guyana High Commission in New Delhi, India, when applying for a visa to enter Guyana.
- The letter will be subject to verification from the Department of Citizenship and Immigration.
Documents for work permit in Guyana, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Name and address of sponsor/employer must be provided to the Ministry of Home Affairs for processing before the applicant arrives in Guyana;|
|Telephone number, fax and/or e-mail address of sponsor/employer must be provided to Ministry of Home Affairs for processing before the applicant arrives in Guyana;|
|Place of employment must be an established business and must be registered and be compliant with NIS and GRA rules/regulations;|
|Name and address and gender of employee/person coming to work in Guyana must be presented to the Ministry of Home Affairs by the Employer prior to arrival;|
|Visa on Arrival and Work Permit will be issued on arrival;|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Guyana without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Guyana.