- Overview: Paraguay
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Immigration support for hiring expats in Paraguay via a PEO
If your business objectives are related to hiring expatriate personnel in Paraguay, there are some things you need to consider, from the peculiarities of immigration procedure in Paraguay to documents required to get a work permit, and local payroll for foreign citizens.
If your company is hiring or planning to hire expats in Paraguay, an in-country PEO employment post immigration might be a viable alternative to incorporation. A global PEO company will guide you through every step of immigration procedure in Paraguay and render a ‘no entity hiring’ after visa or permit receipt.
For many years Acumen International has been hiring and payrolling our clients’ expatriates for both short- and long-term projects. If you need to legally hire and pay the expatriates in Paraguay, we can help you. Regardless of your business objectives and timelines, Acumen International can arrange immigration and work permit support for hiring your expats in full legal compliance with local labor legislation after the permit has been issued.
Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution is designed for:
- employer companies like yourself that want to relocate their selected expats to Paraguay
- individuals that have an employer that is ready to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the Paraguay
- the service is mainly used by companies hiring highly skilled personnel to fill some top positions in Paraguay
Note: Having a single provider that would sponsor a work permit or visa on your behalf and then employs expats in Paraguay, minimizes risks of visa rejection. In addition, it takes the hassle associated with immigration procedure off your head.
Unlike other global Professional Employer Organizations, Acumen International can provide extra benefits in addition to work permit support in Paraguay. This includes medical insurance, housing, office rent, mobile phone and car provision to meet-and-greet, dependents relocation, etc.
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals willing to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Paraguay takes maximum 90 days from the submission of the application.
Major steps to get a work permit in Paraguay
- The applicant must collect and validate the necessary documents.
- The applicant travels to Paraguay:
- Opens bank account for the deposit
- Medical exam
- Submission of the application at the Immigration Office
- The Immigration Office issues the permanent residence permit card in 90 days. The card is valid for five years.
- The permanent resident must travel to Paraguay to apply for the ID card.
Documents for work permit in Paraguay, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Clean Police Record|
|Certificate of marriage or divorce|
|Medical certificate (must be issued in Paraguay)|
|Certificate of life and residence permit (from Paraguay)|
|Affidavit (must be issued in Paraguay)|
|Document issued by the National Police, Identifications Department of Paraguay|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Paraguay without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Paraguay.