- Overview: Albania
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and Payroll
- Work Permit for Hiring Expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. Employee: Which Is Better?
- Expand without a Company Set Up in Albania
Visa, Work Permit & Immigration Support in Albania via PEO
If you’re looking to hire foreign personnel in Albania, there are a few things you need to consider. Consider all the angles before making your move, from the quirks of Albanian immigration law to the documents needed for a work permit and local payroll for foreigners.
If your company is hiring or planning to hire ex-pats in Albania, an in-country PEO employment post immigration might be a viable alternative to incorporation. A global PEO company will guide you through every step of immigration in Albania and render a ‘no entity hiring’ after visa or permit receipt.
For many years Acumen International has been hiring and payrolling our clients’ expatriates for both short- and long-term projects. If you need to hire and pay the expatriates in Albania legally, we can help you. Regardless of your business objectives and timelines, Acumen International can arrange immigration and work permit support for hiring your ex-pats in full legal compliance with local labor legislation after the permit has been issued.
Immigration Support and Professional Employment Organization (PEO)Services in Albania
Suppose you want to relocate and compensate your employees overseas without the hassle and administrative burden. Look no further than our one-stop-shop global PEO company! Acumen International PEO (Professional Employment Organization) will sponsor a work permit and arrange employment on the client’s behalf so you can rest easy. A single provider sponsoring a work permit or visa reduces the risk of rejection. If you want to improve your chances of getting a permit or visa, it’s better to use the help of an immigration professional rather than trying to do it on your own.
In that case, Acumen International PEO (Professional Employment Organization) can help you through the documentation process and get all the necessary paperwork for their visa, work permit, or residence permit. Our global employment professional can help you understand any restrictions that may apply to your work permit in Albania based on factors like your position, salary, and country of origin.
Acumen’s team has extensive experience helping expatriate personnel navigate the immigration process and get employed through our global PEO in 190 countries. Let us help you streamline this process and get your employees in Albania or where they need to be.
Let us take care of the headache, so you can focus on what’s important.
Work Permit, Visa, and Immigration Services in Albania
- Guidance through the application process for work permits and work visas.
- Assistance with document preparation and submission.
- Essential employment and payroll procedures. The onboarding process can be made much smoother for new employees in Albania by preparing some employment and payroll procedures in advance. This is especially important if the new employee needs a work permit or visa.
- Business invitation on behalf of a PEO company.
- Residence permits securing.
- Relocation support (accommodations, family and dependent relocation, concierge services, and other needed support).
Work Permit and Hiring Expats in Albania: Global PEO Solution
Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring ex-pats through a Global PEO’ solution is designed for:
- employer companies that want to relocate their selected ex-pats to Albania,
- have an employer ready to finance their immigration and foreign employment in Albania,
- the service is mainly used by companies hiring highly skilled personnel to fill some top positions in Albania.
Acumen’s global mobility solution helps companies expand their workforce by enabling them to hire talent locally, wherever needed. This service facilitates the movement of employees between countries and across borders by helping companies reduce their burden of managing multiple HR systems in different locations. It also streamlines the visa application process and securing work permits for employees moving from one country to another.Work Permits in Albania
If you are not an Albanian citizen and want to work in Albania for more than three months, you need a work permit. You should apply for a work permit before you start your job.
To apply for a work permit in Albania, you must obtain the necessary documents from the Migration Office, the Albanian Embassy in your country of origin, or the regional labor office.
Applying for a work permit in Albania generally takes no longer than 30 days, although the length of time may vary depending on the required permit type. Once the necessary documentation has been submitted, a decision on whether to grant or refuse the permit will be made within 30 days.
The Albanian Work Permit Will Expire If
- the term expired
- the foreigner leaves Albania for a period longer than six months
- the applicant does not start the activity for three months from the date the work permit is issued.
Foreigners who will start an economic activity on the territory of the Republic of Albania are can secure the following work permits.
Work Permit Type “A” in Albania for Employees
- Type “A/P” for employees
- Type “A/PS” for seasonal work
- Type “A/TN” for transfers within the company
- Type “A/PS” for students
- Type “A/NK” for border employment
- Type “A/SHV” for people who offer volunteer services
- Type “A/AF” for family members
Work Permit Type “B” in Albania: for Independent Economic Activity
- Type “B/I” for investors
- Type “C” for specific cases
- Type “D” for foreigners granted a continual work permit
All the details for visas, residence, and work permits can be found in the law on foreigners.
Work Permit and Visa Sponsorship in Albania
Note: Having a single provider that would sponsor a work permit or visa on your behalf and then employs ex-pats in Albania minimizes risks of visa rejection. In addition, it takes the hassle associated with immigration procedures off your head.
Unlike other global Professional Employer Organizations, Acumen International can provide extra benefits in addition to work permit support in Albania. This includes medical insurance, housing, office rent, mobile phone and car provision to meet-and-greet, dependents relocation, etc.
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals willing to find jobs overseas.
Estimated Time for Work Permit Issuance in Albania
Typically, the Albania work permit processing time for citizens from the EU, USA, UK, CA, and AU takes 10 – 14 days; for all other nationalities, the procedure of work permit issuance is 2 months.
7 Steps to Get a Work Permit in Albania
- Notification letter 1 month in advance;
- Application for Work Permit;
- Receiving Work Permit;
- Application for Visa D; (for citizenship like UA, RU, China, etc.) – It takes around 1 month. (Sometimes even 5 days, depending on which Albanian embassy they will apply for the visa.);
- Receiving Visa D;
- Entry to AL;
- Apply for Residence Permit.
Documents for Work Permit in Albania, Main Applicant
|Type of documents|
|Application from the employer according to the standard form;|
|All documents from the company that will employ him/her; (Documents of EPPC, like fiscal status with zero obligations, financial statements, labor declarations, etc.)|
|Passport copy of the employee;|
|Authorization from the employer to submit documents;|
|Diploma/Graduation/Professional Certificate for the employer knowledge; (Translation and notarizing are needed. Tariff is around 20-30 USD. Depending on text and language.)|
If you need to have your ex-pat personnel legally work for you in Albania without setting up your business entity, trust us to assist you with work permits and immigration support, and then employ your ex-pats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting a work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Albania.
Why Partner with a PEO (Professional Employer Organization) in Albania
- Global employment management centralization. Maximized control. Minimized risk.
- A Global PEO facilitates quick talent deployment and provides access to various employee benefits solutions to attract and retain your global talent
- Eliminating and mitigating certain employment-related risks, including non-compliance and employee misclassification, through the shared responsibility and co-employment arrangement
- Scalable technology and infrastructure provided via the global PEO relationship
- Reduced and stable global employment management-related cost
- A global PEO can facilitate risk-free, quick, and easy market entry by acting as your local legal entity, helping you to avoid the cost and time associated with incorporating in 190 countries
- A global PEO allows you to make your global expansion 100% compliant and secure by keeping track and adhering to all local laws and regulations
- A global PEO helps you remain agile and scales up or down in your selected foreign markets according to your business needs.
- A global PEO facilitates global employment consistency, payroll management, tax filing, and HR compliance
A Global PEO Can Help You Replace Multiple Service Providers in Albania
If you’re looking to streamline your company’s operations and get a handle on global workforce management, partnering with a professional employer organization (PEO) can be a great solution. PEOs can provide a full suite of services to help you replace the following numerous vendors.
- Payroll company
- Employee benefit broker
- HR Consultants
- Background checks vendors
- IP Attorney
- Tax Advisor
- Translation Service
- Legal Advisor
- Immigration Advisor
- HR Compliance Advisor