- Overview: Andorra
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Using A PEO Service With Immigration Support With Expat Hiring In Andorra
Looking to hire expatriate personnel for international assignments in Andorra? This is a loaded process to go through, including finding ways to:
- Stay compliant with Andorra’s immigration laws
- Have all the necessary documents for work permit sponsorship
- Effectively manage employment and payroll when your team has their visas
Compounding the issue is that a lot of expat workers generally go into Andorra to handle shorter projects. So it doesn’t make much sense to set up your own subsidiary to arrange local payroll for your employees. Instead, you may want to take a look at a simpler solution.
For those that want to hire and pay expats in Andorra, that means enlisting a global PEO that includes work permit support. This saves your company the headache of trying to incorporate in a new country. Your new PEO partner will provide all the guidance you need to handle Andorra’s immigration procedures to get your team their visas/permits. After that, they can also help with onboarding and payroll for your expat team.
Acumen International has provided this service for our clients’ expatriate personnel in Andorra, both for short- and long-term projects. We offer a compliant and fast way to get your team on the ground and working. No matter your timeline or business goals, Acumen International offers end-to-end work permit support and ensures full compliance with local labor legislation in Andorra and 189 other countries.
Curious as to the best matches for Acumen’s work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution? These include:
- Employer companies that plan to relocate, hire, and utilize expat workers in Andorra.
- Seasoned professionals that have already found an employer to finance their immigration and foreign employment, but just need to simplify the process.
- Businesses planning to hire highly-skilled expats and send them to fill top positions in Andorra.
A side note, you may not realize that by partnering with a single provider to handle both expat employment and work permit sponsorship, it’s a lot less likely your visas will be rejected. Our global immigration support will also save you time from trying to understand and navigate the different international rules and regulations.
Compared to other global PEO services, Acumen provides added benefits outside of a work permit if you have personnel on international assignments in Andorra. These include:
- Medical insurance
- Office rent
- Dependant relocation
- Mobile phone/car provision for meetings
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals looking to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
The procedure of work permit issuance in Andorra is regulated by Immigration authorities in Andorra and typically takes from 1 month.
Major steps to get a work permit in Andorra
- Collect the documents
- Sign the employment contract (a temporary or long term work contract from an Andorran company/employer)
- Sign the tenancy agreement (subject to the granting of the work permit)
- Present for the residence and work permit together with the above mentioned documents
- Submit your documents to the Ministry of the Interior, Immigration Service, Department of Labour in Andorra (for work permit)
- Register with the national insurer CASS
- Be examined by the medical officer (Art. 43 Immigration Law)
- Wait for the resolution of the immigration authorities
- Receive your work and residence permit
Documents for work permit in Andorra, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Clearance certificate (s. Art. 9.2.a Implementing Regulations) (on the day of presenting the application not older than 3 months)|
a) from the country of origin as well as
b) from the country from where the applicant emigrates to Andorra and from all other countries where the applicant lived before
|Original and photocopy of the valid passport (s. Art. 9.2.b Implementing Regulations)|
|Proof of marital status (for example marriage certificate) (s. Art. 9.2.c Implementing Regulations)|
|Copy of the tenancy agreement on a habitable accommodation and copy of the habitability certificate of the accommodation (s. Art. 9.2.d Implementing Regulations) (Proofs of accommodation on camping grounds are not any longer accepted)|
|1 passport photo (Art. 9.2.e Implementing Regulations)|
|Proof of the registration with the CASS|
|Curriculum vitae (Art. 10.1. Implementing Regulations)|
|Proof of the occupational qualification (Art. 10.1. Implementing Regulations)|
|Original and photocopy of the certificate of registration of the Register of business premises of the government of the employing company|
|Proof of the academic title|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Andorra without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Andorra.