- Overview: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global PEO and Payroll in Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you’re considering expanding your business into new markets, it’s essential to understand that every expansion is different. Various factors can impact your compliance obligations, risks, and budget, including home- and host-country laws, the nature of your activities, and your goals and risk tolerances. By learning about these factors, you can set your business up for success in its new venture.
Global Expansion and Global Employment Challenges
When expanding your business operations to new countries, there are many important issues to consider to ensure compliance and avoid any potential problems on the global expansion journey.
These can include global HR administration issues such as securing business visas and permits, drafting employment contracts that comply with labor and tax laws across multiple jurisdictions, data privacy and intellectual property rights, global payroll and accounting considerations, and local statutory requirements.
There may also be a need to comply with various regulatory requirements relating to currency controls, foreign employment restrictions, and employee classification. Additionally, multi-jurisdictional tax considerations, risks, and liabilities should be taken into account, along with complex tax filing requirements and potential litigation risks.
Finally, being aware of the different languages, time zones, customs, and cultures you may encounter in these new markets is also essential. Doing the necessary homework on all of these issues in advance can help avoid any potential problems down the road.
10 Burdens a Global PEO Can Relieve for Your In-House HR Department
- Global expansion complexity
- Global payroll administration
- Employee benefits administration
- Drafting compliant employment contracts to adhere to local labor and tax regulations in 190 countries
- Background checks
- Immigration and relocation support for your ex-pat workforce, such as visa sponsorship and securing work permits
- IP right protection
- Convert local contractors into full-time employees
- Business transitions: acquisitions, mergers, close downs
- Need to deal with multiple global employment service providers.
What is a Global PEO?
A PEO, or Professional Employment Organization, is a company that contracts with other businesses to provide human resources services. These include payroll and benefits administration, tax reporting, workers’ compensation insurance, unemployment insurance claims management, employee screening, legal and regulatory compliance assistance, HR consulting, immigration services, and other financial services. Businesses can focus on their core competencies and goals by outsourcing these time-consuming and complex tasks to a global PEO.
How Does a Global PEO Work? What Is the “Co-employment” Model?
Organizations that partner with a Global Professional Employer Organization (PEO) enjoy many benefits. By working with a PEO, businesses can take advantage of a co-employment relationship which can free up time and resources that can be better spent on strategic decision-making and business growth. Global PEOs are responsible for payroll, withholding and paying payroll taxes, managing compensation and benefits coverage, and providing HR compliance guidance.
The global PEO becomes a co-employer of the organization’s employees, and PEO shares the employment responsibilities of the client organization. PEOs assume many administrative and HR compliance tasks that businesses would otherwise have to handle, giving business owners and management teams more time to focus on running their companies.
In addition, Professional Employment Organizations can provide valuable services and expertise that businesses might not be able to access on their own. Using a PEO can be a great way for businesses to improve efficiency, save time and money, and gain access to valuable resources and expertise.
Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution was designed especially for companies like yours to smooth the way for quick, easy, and risk-free business operations in Bosnia and Herzegovina without establishing a legal business entity.
What Services Does a Global PEO (Professional Employment Organization) Provide?
- Global Payroll management;
- Compliance with local tax rules (file & deposit) of the country where the EOR company is located;
- Handling compliant employment contracts:
- Background, education, and other checks;
- Onboarding and termination processes, as well as employee’s compensation;
- Arranging visas and work permits for employees;
- Ensuring the working process is organized under local labor laws;
- Processing workers’ medical insurance and other benefits (day-offs, bonuses, and more);
- Global employment process maps, matter maps, employment guides, and other documentation.
Why Use a Global PEO?
Many businesses use PEOs (Professional Employment Organizations) to take care of their HR needs abroad. A global PEO is an organization that provides services such as payroll and benefits without actually employing workers itself—instead, they simply manage employee records so that you don’t have to worry about it yourself. When using a PEO and payroll solution, you’ll need to set up an account with them to file payroll reports online.
A global PEO can provide advice on international and local employment laws, tax, and compliance regulations. Suppose you hire people abroad and they start working for you without guidance. In that case, there is a risk that their expectations might not match up with reality—setting yourself up for an unpleasant surprise down the line when they realize their salary or work conditions aren’t what they had been promised.
In addition to helping with taxes and payroll, global PEOs can also help handle things like relocation, providing temporary housing and support while you find a permanent location for your employees to live.
With a global PEO partner, you can test the waters before making a permanent commitment. Before you decide to invest in offices, equipment, and employee training at an overseas location, you’ll get valuable information about whether the location will be successful by seeing how well operations are received via a third party before committing to managing them yourself.
How to Choose a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
As you consider hiring a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), carefully research the company. A PEO supports a business’ human resources operations outside its owner’s area of expertise. When businesses outsource their HR operations, they can save money on labor costs and gain access to an array of benefits and services.
To choose the best PEO for your business or organization, you must evaluate multiple factors, including location, industry experience, breadth of services and benefits, and fee structure. A good PEO will provide HR solutions to a variety of industries and business sizes. It also should have a strong track record with many satisfied clients.
The cost of a global PEO will vary depending on the spectrum of services your business needs. Before you sign a contract, read it carefully and be sure it matches your needs. Consider how each PEO’s solution and service could meet your current and future needs. Some may offer a full suite of global employment and HR services, while others specialize in international payroll or benefits administration.
How Much Does a Global PEO Charge?
Payroll taxes and service fees can be a big burden for employers. Many companies choose to use a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) to help with these costs. PEOs typically charge a percentage of the total payroll, including employee insurance fees. It can be difficult to determine the actual costs for these services, especially when some employer taxes are only paid on wages up to a certain threshold.
Single Global Service Agreement
A global PEO can cover all your international projects within a single contract and add new employees and services as you expand your global workforce in the new countries.
No Required Minimums
We accept projects of any length, with any number of employees.
Whether you need to scale up or down, we adjust your pricing based on the project employee number.
End-to-end Global Employment Solution
We manage all your global services, including employment, recruitment, immigration, legal and global HR consulting, saving you valuable time. And Acumen International covers the cost and saves you the effort of finding and selecting local employment-related service providers.
Acumen International – Your Single Point of Truth and Global Employment PEO Solutions Provider in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 100 % compliant, quick, easy market entry. Acumen Global PEO is your local legal entity, helping you reduce the cost and time associated with incorporating
- Immediate global employment service coverage in 190 countries
- Both a single point of contact and a dedicated account manager for your project for all target countries
- Compliant and secure global employment operations. We help you adhere to all local laws and regulations in 190 countries
- A single contract for all in-country services (employment, immigration, legal, etc.)
- A single PEO provider assumes full responsibility for your international employees in multiple countries
- Payments are made within the UK or to the UK bank company account
- Fully compliant with standardized procedures and reporting systems
- You can delegate to Acumen Global PEO and payroll all HR responsibilities Payroll & benefits administration, background checks, and HR helpdesk
- Standard payroll breakdowns for all target countries
- As soon as we receive your request for a project in any country, we will send you a payroll breakdown and offer within 2 working hours
- Full 100% fee money-back guarantee for the employee or contractor payment delays.
- Tailored and 100% compliant employment contract drafts
- With Acumen in your corner, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions
- Acumen Global PEO protects your company’s Intellectual Property rights
Acumen International is here to help, from payroll and tax management to social security disbursements and immigration services. We’ll give you the peace of mind you need and reduce your company’s legal costs by 50% or more.
|Our Global PEO&Payroll||Client|
|Employment risks mitigation|
|Tax compliance & payroll processing|
|Incorporation costs||no need for own
|Coverage||190 countries||190 countries|
Ready to get started? Request a quote!
A Global PEO Can Help You Replace Numerous Vendors
When it comes to managing the employment side of your business, there are many options available to get the help you need. an ever-growing number of vendors can assist you with various aspects of your human resource services, including payroll, employee benefits, and more.
Working with a professional employer organization (PEO) is a great way to get all the help you need in one place. PEOs can manage all of your employment-related needs, from taxes and retirement plans to background checks and employee discounts.
Partnering with a global PEO saves you time and hassle by consolidating all of your HR needs into one relationship. This also gives you peace of mind knowing that experts are handling everything for you so that you can focus on running your business.
Simplifying Global Employment with a Professional Employment Organization
There are many things that can go wrong when you try to find employment overseas. Acumen International can help you navigate these challenges, but it is important to be aware of the potential obstacles you may face.
As a Global PEO, our role is to enable organizations to quickly and easily hire employees in any country. We take care of all the employment-related details so that our clients can focus on their business goals. However, if candidates are unhappy at any stage, the whole arrangement can fail.
When making the decision to move abroad for work, your selected candidates consider a number of factors. The visa and work permit process complexities, currency fluctuations, lifestyle choices and family considerations can all impact their final decision.
As a PEO, we understand that when expanding your business globally, it’s vital to put your employees’ needs first. Considering the impact that this move will have on their lives, it’s important to think outside the box and make sure they are comfortable and supported every step of the way.
“It has become critical for organizations to have an understanding of applicable laws and regulations concerning issues such as minimum wages and benefits, employment standards, immigration and labor relations in each location. A Global PEO can play an important role in helping organizations navigate this complex global employment landscape through offering reliable and country-specific solutions and expert advice on matters related to compliance,” says Nick Ganzha, CEO and founder at Acumen International.
Acumen Global PEO and payroll solution can help you solve the hard puzzle of global employment. As a Global PEO partner, we help businesses meet all of their HR needs while also handling compliance issues that are specific to the international arena. By offering comprehensive global employment solutions and reality checks about the compliance aspects of employing staff across the globe, we can be an important resource for your in-house HR and Management teams.
Global Payroll Calculator: Accurate Global Employment Cost Estimation
When hiring employees and contractors across the globe, you may not be choosing the most cost-effective and business-friendly country.
- Do you know which country is the most cost-effective place to hire employees?
- What are the costs of entity establishment and legal representation?
- What are the payroll costs and management fees?
- What are your ongoing annual tax compliance costs?
- Are you fully aware of banking implications?
- Did you know that labour laws and hidden costs could make your company less efficient when choosing a country to run your business?
- Did you know that there could be a more cost-effective country to hire employees in and save up to 50%?
- How to hire international teams without setting up a local entity?
This is because countries have different labor laws, compliance, and tax regulations. What if, instead of limiting your company’s international expansion by cutting through the jungle of local regulatory compliance, tax, labor, and immigration requirements, you could have all the information of 190 countries at your fingertips?
The Global Payroll Calculator is built by Acumen International to help businesses understand the compliance requirements for conducting business in a new country. Acumen’s research team tracks developments in 190 countries around the globe. It provides up-to-date data on local regulations related to tax, payroll regulations, benefits, hiring practices, compliance requirements, and other labor-related factors that impact an employer’s bottom line. This valuable information makes the Global Payroll Calculator an invaluable tool for businesses looking to expand internationally.
Global Payroll Calculator helps companies reduce labor costs by providing up-to-date information on hiring, compensation, and tax requirements. It is also an ideal tool for quickly locating employees in any country.
It is important to note that Acumen does not provide international global payroll services as a standalone solution, but only as a part of our global PEO and Payroll solution.
International Global Payroll and Taxation in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Employment related taxes
In the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, personal income tax (PIT) payers are considered to be:
- Residents, subjecting them to tax on their worldwide income
- Non-residents who perform independent business activity through a permanent place of business activities in the territory of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, subjecting them to tax on income generated from such permanent place of business
- Non-residents who perform dependent business activity in the territory of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, subjecting them to tax on income generated from such dependent business activity
- Non-residents who earn income from movable and immovable property, royalties, patents, licences, and capital investments where ownership of the underlying property is in the territory of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, subjecting them to tax on income earned from such property.
In Republika Srpska, PIT payers are residents, as well as non-residents who earn income in the territory of Republika Srpska.
Payroll Cycle in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Salary shall be paid after the work is performed in periods, which cannot be longer than 30 days.
13th salary in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Christmas bonuses are customary in Bosnia, but the federal government does not require them.
Non-payroll taxes in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The standard VAT regime applies equally throughout the country of Bosnia and Herzegovina. There is no reduced VAT rate in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Taxable persons are all individuals and legal entities registered or required to be registered, for VAT.
The export of goods is zero-rated.
The VAT period is one calendar month.
Any tax credit that has not been used after a period of six months shall be refunded. Registered exporters are to be refunded within 30 days.
Disclaimer: Any of the above information is subject to changes imposed by BiH’s laws. To get the latest updates on taxation in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in 190 countries worldwide, contact Acumen’s team of global employment experts.