- Overview: Gibraltar
- Expand without a company set up
- Global PEO and payroll
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
- Expand without a company set up
Global Employer of Record in Gibraltar
Global employment services
A global Employer of Record (EOR) is a company that provides international employment, payroll, benefits, and tax administration services to businesses with employees in multiple countries. EORs help businesses avoid non-compliance risks and save time and money on international HR and payroll functions by becoming the employer of record for tax purposes and providing employee benefits packages under their tax identification numbers. Engaging an EOR can be an attractive option for businesses expanding into new markets or regions, including Gibraltar.
What Is a Global Employer of Record?
The global Employer of Record (GEOR) service is a new way for employers to hire workers in other countries.
An organization that allows employers to hire employees in other countries is a Global Employer of Record (GEO). The global Employer of record service provider handles all aspects of the foreign employment process, from ensuring compliance with local labor laws to managing payroll, taxes, and benefits and providing HR support.
The GEO has been established to provide employers with a single point of contact for all their foreign employment needs. It will also help them manage their entire workforce more efficiently by reducing administrative costs and improving compliance with local labor laws.
Employer of Record: Why Is EOR the Best Option for Expanding Business to Gibraltar?
1. Compliant Hiring of a chosen candidate in Gibraltar via Global EOR
Working out of different locations gives many skills benefits for employers, but it also forces companies to work within international tax structures and regulations with local businesses. A business’s need or desire to hire employees in various countries is no challenge thanks to EOR (Employer of Record) functionality.
2. Testing a Local Market via an Employer of Record
An Employer of Record (EOR) is a legal entity that allows you to test a new market before incorporating. It also protects you from liability and other issues arising because you operate in a different country.
If you plan to expand your business into another country, you can use an EOR to test the waters first. Think of an EOR as a low-risk “try before buy,” allowing you to see if the new location is a good fit before incorporating. The process doesn’t require additional investment or paperwork on your part. You can also use an EOR to protect yourself from liability issues while testing out a new location or service offering.
3. Short-term Engagement with Candidates via an Employer of Record (EOR) in Gibraltar
The Employer of Record offers a simple, low-cost solution for companies looking to expand their operations in Gibraltar
Companies can work with a local partner in their chosen country and utilize the services of a Global Employer of Record (EOR). This provides an alternative to setting up an entity or subsidiary, as it allows companies to sidestep the administrative and financial burdens involved in establishing a legal entity.
The EOR will be responsible for all tax obligations and regulatory compliance requirements on behalf of your company. The EOR engagement also allows you to avoid additional costs associated with hiring local staff and other expenses such as office space and equipment rentals.
Partnering with a Global Employer of Record, you will retain full control over your employees and business operations while benefitting from substantial cost savings and avoiding non-compliance risk.
4. Handling an Interim Solution in Gibraltar
An Employer of Record is a great way to fill the gap if you’re waiting for your company in Guernsey to be approved. With the EOR global employment solution, you can hire employees legally and provide them with health insurance, visa sponsorship, and work permits — in just a few days. An Employer of Record (EOR) provides an interim solution if you’re still waiting for your company to become official. You can use EOR services while your entity becomes official; under the law in Gibraltar, your payroll obligations are not lifted when it comes to paying taxes, even if you employ people through an EOR. With a global EOR in Gibraltar, businesses can begin working with their employees immediately after signing up.
What Services Does a Global Employer of EOR Provide?
Acumen International is a global PEO that provides international HR services to companies with employees working in multiple countries. We offer our clients a comprehensive service portfolio that includes:
- Preparation of mandatory documents for in-country employment and payroll;
- Compliant client and worker onboarding and offboarding in support of global expansion, remote workforce, or merger and acquisition requirements;
- Audit-proof local labor law compliance;
- Compliant statutory and voluntary employee benefits provision and management for local and expatriate talent, including health insurance, automotive leasing, office equipment, accommodation on-demand, and related technology requirements;
- Coordination of monthly payroll, employee & employer tax payment processing, including year-end tax statements, and consolidated monthly invoicing;
- Compensation management, severance, and employee termination services;
- Immigration requirements processing, rendering work permit sponsorship, visa applications & extensions, and expatriate support;
- Global mobility and relocation services;
- Comprehensive Global Payroll Calculator provides total cost of employment estimates for local talent and expatriate personnel;
- Local market benchmarking services for clients considering market expansion (e.g., salary, bonus, the total cost of hire, etc.);
- Tailored on-demand international recruitment and staffing provided through in-country partners (ICPs).
Advantages of Using a Global EOR for Your Global Employment Journey
- A low-risk, low-cost entry into new markets
- Don’t have to worry about developing local resources or establishing a local entity
- Ability to test the market before making a major commitment
- Local expertise is not required for success
- Keep your current tax structure
Global Employment: EOR Services in Gibraltar
Spotlight on Gibraltar:
- Location – is a British Overseas Territory located at the southern tip of the Iberian Peninsula.
- Capital – Westside.
- Population – Gibraltar has a population of about 34,003 (2020) and an area of 6.8 sq. km.
- Currency – Gibraltar pound (£) (GIP).
- Holidays – Gibraltar has 12 major public holidays: New Year’s Day, Commonwealth Day, Good Friday, Workers’ Memorial Day, May Day Bank Holiday, Spring Bank Holiday, Queen’s Birthday, Summer Bank Holiday, Gibraltar National Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day.
Acumen International offers a global PEO and payroll solution to take care of all payroll details while ensuring full compliance with in-country labor and taxation laws.
More and more global companies are seeing the value of hiring international employees in Gibraltar to have a presence in this market. With local legislative peculiarities, the challenge is to engage the global workforce risk-free and cost-effectively.
With this in mind, Acumen International has designed global employment, aka International Employer of Record (EOR) payroll solution to help global companies like yours expand their international reach or engage the brightest global talent with their projects. If you are seeking to reinforce your internal team with the expertise of a global talent based in Gibraltar, if you have already selected a candidate and want him to work for you remotely from Gibraltar in a legally compliant way, our global employment solution is the way for you to go.
Like every other country, Gibraltar has its employment nuances, which must be fully observed to ensure 100% compliance. Trust us to handle the global employment and HR side of your workforce management in Gibraltar, so you are sure that none of these nuances are missed and that your employees are employed and payrolled properly and compliantly.
Employer of Record Solution in Gibraltar
Global Employer of Record is an integrated global employment solution that is designated to help you rise to the daunting challenges of hiring and managing your remote employees in Gibraltar, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- and arranging for visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Gibraltar
Via a Global Employer of Record solution, Acumen International can employ the selected candidate or candidates on your behalf in Gibraltar in a record time. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws, thus eliminating any employment risks for you and freeing you from the necessity to go into all legislative specificities or set everything up by yourselves. Also, we will resolve all local labor issues for you, which would give you the freedom to focus on your main business objectives.
As part of the benefits of using our international Employer of Record and payroll outsourcing solution in Gibraltar is that we can organize work permits and business visas in Gibraltar required for expatriates’ immigration.
Work Permit, Business Visa, and Immigration Support in Gibraltar
If you need to send some of your employees on an international assignment to Gibraltar, our ex-pats employment solution is the best option for you. This solution covers work permit and visa sponsorship and handling any immigration issues that may arise when employing your workforce.
With our expertise and years of experience in global immigration support, we assist you with work permits and business visas if and when required and ensure that your international employees get their work permits within 2-6 months. This service is guaranteed regardless of the type of employment involved.
We assume full responsibility for employing them in compliance with the local legislation. This frees you from the administrative hassle and relieves your employees of the stress and risks of global immigration. We provide timely and accurate information about the current status of your workforce, their visa, and work permit, including the expiry dates.
According to the labor law of Gibraltar, your employees will be at risk of having their work permit revoked if they do any of the following:
- do not perform the works for which they are employed;
- lose vital qualifications that are required to execute the job.
Our solution helps you have your mobile workforce officially employed in Gibraltar by our company instead of setting up your legal entity there. You just choose the right candidate you need to have working for you in Gibraltar, and we handle all the rest quickly and hassle-free.