- Overview: North Macedonia
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Immigration support for hiring expats in North Macedonia via a PEO
If your business objectives are related to hiring expatriate personnel in North Macedonia, there are some things you need to consider. Among them are:
- the peculiarities of immigration procedure in the country
- documents required to get a work permit
- in-country employment and payroll for foreign citizens after visa has been issued.
Given the fact that expats are often sent abroad for short-term projects, many companies often opt for no entity hiring. This means companies look for simpler, more cost-effective options versus onboarding and paying expats through their own local subsidiaries
For companies hiring and paying expats overseas and particularly in North Macedonia, a global PEO with work permit support as part of the service might be a viable alternative to incorporation in the country. A PEO service company will walk you and your expats through every step of immigration procedure in North Macedonia. After the work permit or visa have been received, a PEO provider would officially onboard and payroll your expats in a foreign country on your behalf.
Acumen International has been hiring and payrolling our clients’ expatriates in Macedonia both short- and long-term. If you need to legally hire and pay the expatriates in Macedonia, we can help you. Regardless of business objectives and timelines, Acumen International can arrange end-to-end work permit support for hiring your expats in full legal compliance with local labor legislation after the permit documents have been issued.
Acumen’s ‘work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution is designed for:
- employer companies like yourself that want to relocate the selected expats to Macedonia
- individuals that have an employer that is ready to finance their immigration and foreign employment in the country
- the service is mainly used by companies hiring highly skilled personnel that they send abroad to fill some top positions in Macedonia.
Note: Having a single provider that would sponsor a work permit or visa on your behalf and then employs expats in Macedonia, minimizes risks of visa rejection. In addition, it takes the hassle associated with immigration procedure off your head.
Unlike other global Professional Employer Organizations, Acumen International can provide extra benefits in addition to work permit received for further employment of expats in Macedonia. This includes medical insurance, housing, office rent, mobile phone and car provision to meet-and-greet, dependents relocation, etc.
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals willing to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in North Macedonia takes 45 days.
Major steps to get a work permit in North Macedonia
- Employer applies for work permit on employee’s behalf.
- After receiving an original copy of their certified work permit application, the foreigner submit it along with their visa and temporary resident permit application at the nearest Macedonian consulate.
- Obtain a long-term residence visa (Type D) – before traveling to Macedonia.
- Within 5 days of arriving in Macedonia on a Type D visa, foreigner must complete the temporary residence permit issuance process begun at the Macedonian consulate by submitting the following documents.
- The Ministry of Interior should issue a National Temporary Residence Identity Card within 25 days from the application date.
Documents for work permit in North Macedonia, main applicant
|Type of documents – before traveling to Macedonia|
|A visa application form|
|A temporary residence permit application (Form 2)|
|A valid passport|
|An original copy of their certified work permit application RD-2/1 (send to them by their employer in Macedonia)|
|Proof of health insurance|
|One 3,4 – 4,5 cm photo|
|Type of documents – after arriving in Macedonia|
|An original copy of their certified work permit application RD-2/1|
|The Ministry of Interior’s Approval of Temporary Residence|
|Proof that the foreigner has secured lodging or means for lodging|
|Proof of individual or group travel insurance|
|A valid passport|
|Official certification that the applicant is not under criminal investigation in his/her home country, usually issues by a national police authority|
|Official certification that the applicant is not convicted of a crime, usually issues by a national court|
|One 3 cm – 3,5 cm photo of the applicant|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in North Macedonia without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in North Macedonia.