- Overview: Austria
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
- Expand without a Company Set Up
Global PEO and Payroll in Austria
Global PEO and Payroll in Austria services are aligned with Acumen International’s mission is to streamline your expansion process in Austria. By offering payroll services, accounting, and visa or work permit consulting, we eliminate the headaches of global employment. Our team of experts will provide all the right legal and tax guidance to help you avoid pitfalls so you can focus on growing your business and expanding into Europe.
Acumen International can help set up your payroll in Austria so you can focus on your business goals without worrying about local labor laws. A presence in Austria is not required, and setting up an entity can be expensive. Still, Acumen International’s global payroll solution offers a simple and efficient way to manage your company’s day-to-day employment tasks.
Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution is the perfect way to streamline your business operations in Austria without having to set up a legal entity. Our Global PEO solution takes care of payroll and other employee-related services such as benefits and tax administration, making it quick, easy, and risk-free.
Business immigration details such as employment contracts, work permits, and work visas are handled swiftly with our comprehensive PEO services. They allow you to focus on running your business rather than stressing about a possible lack of a foreigner’s visa or a work permit.
With our global network covering 190+ countries, Acumen International PEO has become your reliable global expert in local employment in Austria and worldwide. With our deep understanding of Austrian labor laws and regulations, you can trust that your global workforce satisfies all local tax, social security, and immigration requirements.
What Services Can a Global PEO Provide in Austria?
Acumen International is a global PEO that provides international employment services to companies with employees working in multiple countries, including Estonia. We offer our clients a comprehensive service portfolio that includes:
- Cross-border payroll administration can be a challenge for any business. Having a single point of contact who is an experienced Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) can make a big difference. Global PEOs specialize in local payroll management and can give your employees the confidence they need to receive statutory employment benefits and other protections on time. Choosing a reputable and experienced GEO partner is crucial to ensuring a successful global payroll operation.
- A PEO helps companies with global operations comply with local employment laws. This includes understanding and following the requirements of different countries and providing resources and training to employees on their rights and responsibilities under the employment contract. By working with a PEO, employers can ensure that they comply with all relevant laws and regulations in Austria.
- A global employment organization (GEO) is a third-party company that helps you hire skilled workers faster. Companies can easily receive work permits and visas for foreign workers by partnering with a global PEO. A global PEO can facilitate visa applications and provide immigration support by providing employers with the necessary information regarding prospective hires.
- A Global Employment Organization(GEO) guides clients on employment law matters such as notice, severance, termination, and statutory benefits.
- Global Employment Organization(GEO) provides communication and coordination between the EOR, client company, and employees through regional account managers, allowing for a more efficient and effective working relationship between all parties involved.
- A Global Employment Organization (GEO) strives to create global pay strategies and structures that are fair and competitive. They consider many factors when setting pay levels, such as internal business needs and market rates. They also examine how local taxes and regulations can impact those rates to create a cohesive global model.
- A Global Employment Organization (GEO) can help align HR programs with global function and business needs.
Difference between an EOR and a PEO. Global Employment Risk Mitigation in Austria
Both PEOs and EORs work differently. However, an EOR is a company that takes on the legal risks of employing your workers, including finance, legal & compliance, and safety risks, saving you from any potential problems down the line. This means that all of the responsibilities that come with being an employer are shifted to them — from tax reporting to handling any injuries or issues on the job. You’ll have none of these hassles but will take responsibility for managing your employees’ tasks and performance.
Why Should You Choose a Global PEO Service Over Setting Up Legal Entities?
Opening a business in Austria be complicated. Various tax obligations and legal responsibilities, such as end-of-year financial reporting and appointing local directors, come with it. You must also ensure that the company meets all the legal requirements in Austria.
When expanding your business into a new country, you’ll eventually need to set up a local entity. But when first starting, it’s usually best not to create a new company. Understanding and complying with local labor laws can be complex and time-consuming. Plus, payroll mistakes can lead to employee dissatisfaction, fines, and bad publicity. Several indicators indicate that it’s time for your company to switch from using a global PEO service to a more traditional payroll solution. But a global PEO can be the perfect way to start if you’re just testing the waters in a new country.
How to Choose a PEO (Professional Employer Organization) in Austria?
As you consider partnering with a global PEO, remember that the needs of each business are unique. Just as you would carefully select international employees, you need to find a PEO that can address your industry’s specific challenges. Look for a global PEO with a strong track record and fiscal stability that can provide comprehensive support and compliance expertise. Make sure they offer services and coverage in all your business areas. Get references from other clients in your industry to ensure you make the best choice for your business.
Acumen International – Your Professional Employer Organization in Austria
Navigating the Austrian legal system and adhering to regulations governing employment and taxation can be challenging for businesses, especially if you are not a native German speaker. Partnering with Acumen International as a global Professional Employer organization (PEO) provides you with the local knowledge and support you need to conduct business in Austria without concern for legal and compliance risks.
Whether representing international client companies or taking your business operations abroad, Acumen International’s Global PEO and payroll service allow you to hire and payroll local and ex-pat employees in Austria. With Acumen on your side, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions.
Acumen International – Your Single Point of Truth and Global Employment PEO Solutions Provider in Austria
- Immediate service coverage in 190 countries.
- Both a single point of contact and a dedicated account manager for your project for all target countries.
- A single contract for all in-country services (employment, immigration, legal, etc.)
- A single PEO provider assumes full responsibility for your international employees in multiple countries.
- Payments are made within the UK or to the UK bank company account.
- Fully compliant standardized procedures and reporting systems.
- Standard payroll breakdowns for all target countries.
- As soon as we receive your request for a project in any country, we will send you a payroll breakdown and offer within 2 working hours.
- Full 100% fee money-back guarantee for employee or contractor payment delays.
- Tailored and 100% compliant employment contract drafts.
With Acumen in your corner, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions.
|Our Global PEO&Payroll||Client|
|Employment risks mitigation|
|Tax compliance & payroll processing|
|Incorporation costs||no need for own
|Coverage||190 countries||190 countries|
Ready to get started? Request a quote!
Global Payroll Calculator: Accurate Global Employment Cost Estimation
The Global Payroll Calculator is built by Acumen International to help businesses understand the compliance requirements for conducting business in a new country. Acumen’s research team tracks developments in 190 countries around the globe. It provides up-to-date data on local regulations related to tax, payroll regulations, benefits, hiring practices, compliance requirements, and other labor-related factors that impact an employer’s bottom line. This valuable information makes the Global Payroll Calculator an invaluable tool for businesses looking to expand internationally.
Global Payroll Calculator helps companies reduce labor costs by providing up-to-date information on hiring, compensation, and tax requirements. It is also an ideal tool for quickly locating employees in any country.
Acumen International – the Best Global EOR and PEO Solution in Austria
As your organization looks to expand globally, many potential benefits will be gained. However, before these benefits can be realized, many companies face various challenges. By being aware of these potential hurdles, your company can be better prepared to overcome them and reap the rewards of global expansion.
Acumen International is a leading provider of global EOR and PEO services, offering secure and efficient solutions for businesses that need to manage international payroll, HR & benefits administration across 190 countries. Our full-service management solutions are tailored to each client’s needs and can include everything from legal talent employment to benefits management and compliance to payroll and taxation.
- Processing Immigration requirements
- Visa applications & extensions
- Work permit sponsorships
- Streamline onboarding, benefits, payroll, PTO
- Local labor law compliance
- Audit-proof compliance requirements
- Employee benefits management
- Handling employment contracts, terminations, and compensation
- Processing medical insurances and benefits
- Payroll, including year-end tax statements
- Relocation Services & housing
- Benefit management
- Special needs or requirements
- Multi-country employment without limitations
- Handling contract worker and ex-pat workforce management
- Compliant employment or termination within 72 hours.
Global Employment: Payroll and Taxation in Austria
Employment related taxes
Personal Income tax (PIT). All individuals in Austria are subject to Austrian income tax on their worldwide income, including income from trade or business, profession, employment, investments, and property. Non-residents are taxed on income from certain sources in Austria only. Non-residents are subject to income tax on Austrian-source income at normal rates.
Corporate income tax (CIT). Corporations (i.e., limited liability corporation [GmbH], stock corporation [AG]) are subject to unlimited taxation in Austria of their entire (domestic and foreign) income if they have their legal seat or place of effective management in Austria. A non-Austrian corporate tax resident (with neither a legal seat nor place of effective management in Austria) is subject to limited taxation on certain sources of income in Austria.
Payroll Cycle in Austria
In most cases, remuneration is transferred to a salary account on the last day of the month or on the first day of the following working month. In some cases, workers receive their wages weekly in cash.
Taxes, social insurance contributions, and other deductions (e.g., union contributions) are deducted from gross pay and withheld by the employer, who then transfers them to the relevant institutions (finance office, social insurance institution, etc.).
According to most CBAs (collective bargaining agreements), the payroll period for salaried employees is the calendar month.
13th salary in Austria
It is customary to pay 13th and 14th salaries in Austria. The annual salary is paid in 14 equal payments. The 13th and 14th payments are paid out in June and November.
Ready to get started? Request a quote!
Disclaimer: Any of the above information is subject to changes imposed by Austrian laws. To get the latest updates on taxation in Austria and in 190 countries worldwide, contact Acumen’s team of global employment experts.