- Overview: Jersey
- Global PEO and payroll
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global PEO and Payroll in Jersey
One of the first questions you may have when considering expanding globally is about the legal framework for different types of business entities. While this can be a complicated topic, there are some essential basics to help you understand:
All businesses, whether in your home state or another country, have a legal structure that dictates exactly how the business will be run and who is responsible for what. These structures will vary somewhat depending on where you’re doing business. Some structures are more complex and expensive than others, but they all have benefits and drawbacks.
What is a Global PEO?
A PEO, or Professional Employer Organization, is a company that specializes in handling human resources for other businesses. PEOs can provide a wide range of services, such as payroll processing, benefits administration, tax reporting, workers’ compensation insurance, unemployment insurance claims management, employee screening, legal and regulatory compliance assistance, HR consulting, immigration services, and other financial services. Businesses that partner with a PEO can outsource many of their HR needs and focus on running their core operations
With a robust global PEO, you can make global employment decisions quickly and confidently – without getting buried in immigration or labor compliance work. You can quickly and easily employ your pre-selected world-class talent from any country. Perhaps more importantly, with our Global PEO services, we minimize your permanent establishment, employee immigration, or misclassification risk – leaving you free to focus on running your business.
With a Global PEO, you don’t need to worry about the cost of maintaining a workforce, recruitment, securing visas or work permits for foreign hires, issuing documents, managing payroll and employee benefits, collecting payroll tax, and paying personal and corporate taxes.
Entering into a partnership with a global PEO who is committed to helping provide excellent employment opportunities. This partnership will enable you to dramatically expand your services and reach in any part of the world.
How Does a Global PEO Work? What Is the “Co-employment” Model?
Organizations that partner with a Global Professional Employer Organization (PEO) enjoy many benefits. By working with a PEO, businesses can take advantage of a co-employment relationship which can free up time and resources that can be better spent on strategic decision-making and business growth. Global PEOs are responsible for payroll, withholding and paying payroll taxes, managing compensation and benefits coverage, and providing HR compliance guidance.
The global PEO becomes a co-employer of the organization’s employees, and PEO shares the employment responsibilities of the client organization. PEOs assume many administrative and HR compliance tasks that businesses would otherwise have to handle, giving business owners and management teams more time to focus on running their companies.
In addition, Professional Employment Organizations can provide valuable services and expertise that businesses might not be able to access on their own. Using a PEO can be a great way for businesses to improve efficiency, save time and money, and gain access to valuable resources and expertise.
Acumen’s Global PEO and Payroll solution was designed especially for companies like yours to smooth the way for quick, easy, and risk-free business operations in Jersey without establishing a legal business entity.
15 Benefits of Partnering with a Global PEO
- A Professional Employer Organization (PEO) is a third-party staffing firm that provides its clients with administrative, HR, and insurance services. It takes over all the time-consuming, tedious, and risky tasks your HR, Finance, and Operations Team would have to do, allowing them to focus on what they do best.
- By paying a flat rate to a global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) partner like Acumen International, you hand off almost all the heavy burdens of HR management so that you can focus on what matters.
- A PEO handles payroll and benefits administration for your employees. It also takes care of tax withholding and filing, workers compensation insurance, unemployment insurance administration, regulatory compliance, employee handbooks, HR compliance, training and development programs, employee relations issues management, and more.
- PEOs can provide a range of benefits to employees that other companies may not be able to offer. A PEO will also help with keeping track of your employee’s benefits and insurance across multiple jurisdictions, as well as making sure they stay up-to-date while they’re working for you. You might be surprised at how much time it takes to manage health insurance or pension plans, but PEOs deal with this daily.
- Reduced liability. Often, employers are unaware of potential liability issues regarding their employee’s insurance and benefits until it is too late. Using a Global PEO and Payroll solution to handle these matters instead of handling them on your behalf across foreign jurisdictions.
- A global PEO can help your company save on internal costs by acting as the single contact for insurance and benefits coverage. Global PEOs can also help improve the quality of your benefits coverage by providing access to a wider range of options.
- Your business faces many potential threats, from compliance issues to insurance costs and beyond. A global PEO can help you mitigate these risks by providing expert guidance and support.
- A global PEO can help with immigration challenges and other concerns that may impact your business.
- By partnering with a global PEO, clients can often secure more favorable terms on employee benefit plans.
- Streamlined payroll and tax filings: The PEO processes payroll and does all the necessary tax filings for the company, significantly reducing administrative overhead for employers.
- PEO clients have access to greater resources and opportunities for growth than other businesses.
- PEO clients have been shown to have a turnover rate that is 10-14% lower per year than comparable companies.
- Expanding your business globally can be risky, but by partnering with a global PEO, you can stay flexible and mitigate major global expansion risks. This allows your business to enter new markets securely and efficiently while knowing there is always an exit strategy available if needed.
- With a global PEO partner, you can test the waters before making a permanent commitment. Before you decide to invest in offices, equipment, and employee training at an overseas location, you’ll get valuable information about whether the location will be successful by seeing how well operations are received via a third party before committing to managing them yourself.
- In addition to helping with taxes and payroll, global PEOs can also help handle things like relocation, providing temporary housing and support while you find a permanent location for your employees to live.
Acumen International – Your Single Point of Truth and Global Employment PEO & Payroll Solutions Provider in Jersey
- 100 % compliant, quick, easy market entry. Acumen Global PEO is your local legal entity, helping you reduce the cost and time associated with incorporating.
- Immediate global employment service coverage in 190 countries
- Both a single point of contact and a dedicated account manager for your project for all target countries.
- Compliant and secure global employment operations. We help you adhere to all local laws and regulations in 190 countries
- A single contract for all in-country services (employment, immigration, legal, etc.)
- A single PEO provider assumes full responsibility for your international employees in multiple countries
- Payments are made within the UK or to the UK bank company account
- Fully compliant with standardized procedures and reporting systems
- You can delegate to Acumen Global PEO all HR responsibilities Payroll & benefits administration, background checks, and HR helpdesk
- Standard payroll breakdowns for all target countries
- As soon as we receive your request for a project in any country, we will send you a payroll breakdown and offer within two working hours
- Full 100% fee money-back guarantee for the employee or contractor payment delays.
- Tailored and 100% compliant employment contract drafts
- With Acumen in your corner, you can quickly and easily onboard and compensate your employees without risk of legal repercussions
- Acumen Global PEO protects your company’s Intellectual Property rights.
Acumen International is here to help, from payroll and tax management to social security disbursements and immigration services. We’ll give you the peace of mind you need and reduce your company’s legal costs by 50% or more.
|Our Global PEO&Payroll||Client|
|Employment risks mitigation|
|Tax compliance & payroll processing|
|Incorporation costs||no need for own
|Coverage||190 countries||190 countries|
Why Partnering with Global PEO Is a Win-Win Solution For Businesses?
Employers face the dual challenge of finding and retaining talent in a competitive business environment. One way to counter this is to invest in an experienced third party to share the burden of non-core administrative activities, freeing up precious time and resources to focus on the organization’s core competency.
A Professional Employer Organization (PEO) is a specialized staffing firm that provides human capital management services, including administration, payroll, tax compliance, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, and HR consulting services for its clients. These ancillary services allow organizations to constrain their investment in human capital management to a fixed fee per employee per year.
Global PEOs shoulder the burden of many “non-core” HR and administrative activities – from payroll to benefits administration – enabling PEO clients to focus more on their organization’s core competency. Further, PEOs that are more sophisticated provide expertise to help their clients with strategic HR decisions.
Global Employment Challenges and Pitfalls to Avoid
When you’re hiring a staff to work overseas, some challenges come with that far beyond the nuts and bolts of finding and vetting candidates. These challenges are often overlooked by companies when they think only of locally-hired employees, but can have extreme consequences for businesses who employ people internationally.
Why is this? Because if you’re not careful, you might find yourself unwittingly breaking one employment law regulation or another in your new country. This could lead to fines, other legal issues, and negative public exposure for your brand. It’s not just about being bad for your business, though; it’s also about being bad for the people who work in your company.
There are many different types of taxes that businesses have to pay, but employment taxes are one of the most important. These taxes can vary significantly from country to country and can be a large portion of a monthly salary.
In-country Employee Registration
It is essential to ensure that employees are properly registered with the local authorities before they start work. Failing to do so can result in penalties for both the employee and the employer.
Payroll Calculations: Country-specific Requirements
In many countries, payroll calculations vary significantly. For example, employees in some countries may receive a 13th and 14th-month salary halfway through the year or at Christmas as standard. Thus, it’s important to be aware of the payroll practices in your country of employment.
Some countries have different rules when it comes to employment contracts. To avoid any surprises, it is crucial to understand how payroll calculations work in your new country. In some cases, you may be responsible for paying your employees for the entire duration of their contract even if they are not performing as expected or you want to end their employment early. This can be a financial shock to foreign employers who are not used to this practice.
For this reason, it is essential to ensure that you review and understand the terms of the employee’s contract before hiring them, so you know what to expect.
End of Financial Year Reporting
The financial year for many countries ends in March and companies that have a presence in more than one country need to produce financial reports for each country and send them to the relevant government bodies. With the end of the financial year approaching, accountants are busy at work preparing reports, some of which can be complex and difficult to navigate through as they may be on foreign websites with little or no English language support. It is important that you get these reports lodged on time as it could result in late payment penalties.
A lot of these reports need to be completed in the local language, so it is recommended that you use an accountant specializing in the country you are based in to ensure compliance before lodgement deadlines.
This is the reason why many companies outsource payroll management to a global Professional Employer Organization (PEO) as they have experts with deep knowledge of local labor laws and tax regulations in each jurisdiction. In such cases, a Global PEO and Payroll solution will ensure compliance with local employment and tax requirements.
Local Employment Contracts Compliance
As an employer, it is crucial to have local employment contracts that are compliant with the law of the jurisdiction in which your employees work. These contracts should be provided in both English and the local language. Do not simply copy and paste your existing contract template from your home country – this could result in non-compliance and serious legal consequences.
When recruiting employees for your business, it is critical to ensure that their employment contract is appropriate for the country where they will be working. A Spanish employment contract may not be valid in Latin America, simply because they are both Spanish-speaking countries.
The language of the employment contract is a crucial detail to keep in mind during the recruitment process, as non-compliance to target country employment laws or any mistakes with the paperwork could cost you money, time, and potentially your business’s reputation.
Employment Contract Termination
The employment termination process can be just as important as the hiring process. This part of employment should not be taken lightly as it can have many implications and consequences, both for the employer and the employee. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider all aspects of the situation before making a decision.
The start of the termination process begins when the employee signs the employment contract. If the termination guidelines are clear and precise from the terminating an employee will be much smoother.
When setting out the terms of employment, it is important to be clear about the notice period (making sure it’s aligned with the country-specific regulations), and what is expected in terms of returning company equipment and a credit card or cash float balance. Non-compete clauses protecting your intellectual property are also important considerations. Doing so will help avoid misunderstandings and potential legal problems down the road.
If an employer does not have clear procedures for the termination in their employment contract, they may face litigation. If an employee feels they have been mistreated, they may become disgruntled and contest the termination legally. This can be costly and difficult, especially if the dispute is in another country with a different time zone and language.
Global Payroll Services. 100% Compliance. Speed of Light
Global payroll management is a critical function for any business. This can be a complex and time-consuming task, but it is important to keep your employees paid on time to maintain the efficiency of your international venture.
When it comes to payroll, there are many different regulations that you must follow to avoid penalties or litigation. Each country has its laws and regulations, but some standards apply internationally. You must know and adhere to tax deadlines, withholding and reporting laws, and regulations requiring employee tax slip signatures. If you fail to adhere to these payroll compliance rules, you could face severe penalties that could negatively impact your business.
Global payroll management is a complex process that requires careful consideration of various factors. Payroll specialists must consider local regulations and taxation requirements, which can be time-consuming and difficult to navigate. However, by addressing some key challenges and partnering with a Global PEO, organizations can ensure compliant, accurate, and timely payments.
- keeping track of ever-changing exchange rates
- understanding the distinction between the home country and host country payouts
- developing clarity about how taxes are calculated in different countries.
Global Payroll Calculator: Accurate Global Employment Cost Estimation
When hiring employees and contractors across the globe, you may not be choosing the most cost-effective and business-friendly country.
- Do you know which country is the most cost-effective place to hire employees?
- What are the costs of entity establishment and legal representation?
- What are the payroll costs and management fees?
- What are your ongoing annual tax compliance costs?
- Are you fully aware of banking implications?
- Did you know that labor laws and hidden costs could make your company less efficient when choosing a country to run your business?
- Did you know that there could be a more cost-effective country to hire employees in and save up to 50%?
This is because countries have different labor laws, compliance, and tax regulations. What if, instead of limiting your company’s international expansion by cutting through the jungle of local regulatory compliance, tax, labor, and immigration requirements, you could have all the information of 190 countries at your fingertips?
Acumen International offers the Global Payroll Calculator to help businesses understand the compliance requirements for conducting business in a new country. Acumen’s research team tracks developments in 190 countries around the globe. It provides up-to-date data on local regulations related to tax, payroll regulations, benefits, hiring practices, compliance requirements, and other labor-related factors that impact an employer’s bottom line. This valuable information makes the Global Payroll Calculator an invaluable tool for businesses looking to expand internationally.
Global Payroll Calculator helps companies reduce labor costs by providing up-to-date information on hiring, compensation, and tax requirements. It is also an ideal tool for quickly locating employees in any country.
How Much Does a Global PEO Charge?
Payroll taxes and service fees can be a big burden for employers. Many companies choose to use a Global PEO (Professional Employer Organization) to help with these costs. PEOs typically charge a percentage of the total payroll, including employee insurance fees. It can be difficult to determine the actual costs for these services, especially when some employer taxes are only paid on wages up to a certain threshold.
Single Global Service Agreement
A global PEO can cover all your international projects within a single contract and add new employees and services as you expand your global workforce in the new countries.
No Required Minimums
We accept projects of any length, with any number of employees.
Whether you need to scale up or down, we adjust your pricing based on the project employee number.
End-to-end Global Employment Solution
We manage all your global services, including employment, recruitment, immigration, legal and global HR consulting, saving you valuable time. And Acumen International covers the cost and saves you the effort of finding and selecting local employment-related service providers.
Simplifying Global Employment with a Professional Employment Organization
There are many things that can go wrong when you try to find employment overseas. Acumen International can help you navigate these challenges, but it is important to be aware of the potential obstacles you may face.
As a Global PEO, our role is to enable organizations to quickly and easily hire employees in any country. We take care of all the employment-related details so that our clients can focus on their business goals. However, if candidates are unhappy at any stage, the whole arrangement can fail.
When making the decision to move abroad for work, your selected candidates consider a number of factors. The visa and work permit process complexities, currency fluctuations, lifestyle choices and family considerations can all impact their final decision.
As a PEO, we understand that when expanding your business globally, it’s vital to put your employees’ needs first. Considering the impact that this move will have on their lives, it’s important to think outside the box and make sure they are comfortable and supported every step of the way.
“It has become critical for organizations to have an understanding of applicable laws and regulations concerning issues such as minimum wages and benefits, employment standards, immigration and labor relations in each location. A Global PEO can play an important role in helping organizations navigate this complex global employment landscape through offering reliable and country-specific solutions and expert advice on matters related to compliance,” says Nick Ganzha, CEO and founder at Acumen International.
Acumen Global PEO and Payroll solution can help you solve the hard puzzle of global employment. As a Global PEO partner, we help businesses meet all of their HR needs while also handling compliance issues that are specific to the international arena. By offering comprehensive global employment solutions and reality checks about the compliance aspects of employing staff across the globe, we can be an important resource for your in-house HR and Management teams.
Disclaimer: Any above information is subject to changes imposed by Jersey’s laws. To get the latest updates on taxation in Jersey and 190 countries worldwide, contact Acumen’s team of global employment experts.