- Overview: Switzerland
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record (EOR) in Switzerland
Global employment services
Businesses in the process of expanding globally often face challenges when it comes to compliantly onboarding employees in foreign countries. In most cases, legal compliance requires the establishment of a legal in-country business entity, a complex, costly and time-consuming process that many employers are not ready to undertake.
To help your organization legally onboard and payroll a workforce in Switzerland, Acumen International offers a global employment solution via our Global Employer of Record (EOR) designed to help you circumvent the legalities of direct hiring, eliminating the need for you to establish a legal entity in Switzerland in order to conduct business there.
Spotlight on Switzerland:
Switzerland is a small mountainous country located in Central Europe bordered by France, Germany, Italy, Austria and Liechtenstein. Switzerland is a federal republic composed of 26 cantons. Switzerland, a state that espouses neutrality, has a prosperous market economy with a per capita GDP among the highest in the world.
- Capital: Bern.
- Population: 8,453,550 (July 2021).
- Official languages: German (or Swiss German), French, Italian, Romansh.
- Local currency: Swiss franc (CHF).
- Labor force: 5.067 million (2020).
- Industries: Switzerland has one of the most competitive economies in the world due to its specialized industries, strong added value services, a motivated and highly skilled workforce. Switzerland’s economy benefits from a highly developed service sector, led by financial services. Switzerland is renowned worldwide for the high quality of its manufactured products, which include watches, motors, generators, turbines and diverse high-technology products. Despite the small size of the overall agricultural industry, organic farming has experienced considerable growth, but with big cantonal differences. The primary agricultural products are livestock and dairy products, the country is also home to over nine thousand wineries.
- Trading partners: Well-developed and globally competitive sectors, such as banking, insurance, freight and transport, have contributed to the development of international trade across Switzerland. The strong industry sector is driven by large exporting groups. The main trading partners are Germany, the US, the UK, China, France, India, Italy, the United Arab Emirates.
- Minimum wage: There is no nationwide minimum wage in Switzerland. Some cantons have a minimum wage, with an amount that varies from 19 to 23 francs per hour according to the canton. In fact wages are negotiated individually in agreement between worker and employer.
- 13, 14th salaries: The thirteenth monthly salary is not an end-of-year bonus, but a delayed payment. Swiss employers pay their employees’ annual salary in 13 installments. An employee usually receives two months’ salary in December.
Employ your Selected Workforce in Switzerland via Acumen’s Employer of Record / EOR Solution
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion, to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their expat employees
Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries, to attract and retain the most qualified candidates. As a global employment organization, Acumen International serves both end employers and service companies representing international clients.
Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) service in Switzerland offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hiring. Our solution gives companies the opportunity to operate in Switzerland, and in 190 international markets where we serve our clients, without registering as a local business entity.
Acumen International offers a global PEO and payroll solution to take care of all the details of payroll while ensuring full compliance with in-country labor and taxation laws. To get more information about Acumen’s Global PEO and payroll service in Switzerland click here.
Legally Onboard and Payroll your Employees in Switzerland with Acumen’s Global Employment Solution
Reduce your risks while expanding your business, without establishing your own legal entity in Switzerland. Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.
Acumen’s EOR global employment solution helps businesses to overcome legal challenges by hiring and compensating your local and expat workforce in Switzerland on your behalf, in a risk-free and cost-effective manner.
Partner with Acumen International, and let us help you handle your global employment and HR needs. You can trust Acumen to handle the global employment and HR details of your workforce management in Switzerland, to ensure full compliance with in-country employment laws and changing COVID-19 regulations.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we are able to organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Employer of Record, and employ them on your behalf, once legal permissions have been attained.
With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating of your local and expatriate employees in Switzerland, and in 190 countries worldwide where we serve our international clients.