- Overview:Ivory Coast (Cote d’Ivoire)
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and Payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Ivory Coast
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Ivory Coast (Cote d’Ivoire)? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Cote d’Ivoire quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Ivory Coast (Cote d’Ivoire):
- Location – s a country located on the south coast of West Africa
- Capital – Yamoussoukro
- Population – 26.2 million
- Official language – French
- Recognized minority languages – Dyula
- Government – Unitary presidential constitutional republic under a parliamentary system
- Currency – West African CFA franc
- Dominant religion – Islam, Christianity
- Labor force – 8.6 million
- Exports – $11.2 billion (2017). Exportable goods: cocoa, coffee, timber, petroleum, cotton, bananas, pineapples, palm oil, fish
- Main export partners: Netherlands, United States, France, Belgium, Germany, Burkina Faso, India, Mali
- Imports – $9.4 billion (2017). Import products: fuel, capital equipment, foodstuffs
- Main import partners: France, China, USA, Nigeria
- Public holidays – New Year’s Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Assumption of Mary, All Saints Day, National Peace Day, Christmas Day.
Employment in Ivory Coast (Cote d’Ivoire)
Employment in Cote d’Ivoire is conducted by means of written employment contracts. Since Ivory Coast is a French-speaking country, contracts must be drafted in French to be legally binding.
The contract of employment can terminate, not at the initiative of the employer, in certain circumstances, including by:
- the expiry of a fixed-term contract;
- mutual agreement;
- force majeure.
An open-ended contract for a specified period which is made for the temporary replacement of a worker may be terminated unilaterally by the employee after he or she has served at least six months.
A contract of employment of indeterminate duration may be terminated at any time by the employer if he or she has a valid reason.
A dismissal ordered by an employer because of job dislocations and operational changes, due to technological changes and restructuring, or to economic difficulties will constitute a dismissal for economic reasons.
It is highly advised to get the assistance of a local practicing lawyer if your company is planning on deploying operations in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Ivory Coast-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from Ivory Coast?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Ivory Coast?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Ivory Coast legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Ivory Coast has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Ivory Coast on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record solution in Cote d’Ivoire
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Cote d’Ivoire, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Cote d’Ivoire.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Cote d’Ivoire. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.