- Global PEO and Payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Visa, work permit & immigration support
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Employer of Record (EOR) in India
Global Employment Services. Why Use an Employer of Record in India?
- Reduced non-compliance risk exposure. Often, employers are unaware of potential liability issues regarding their employee’s insurance and benefits until it is too late. Using a global Employer of Record (EOR) to handle these matters instead of handling them on your behalf across foreign jurisdictions, including India.
- A global EOR can help your company save on internal costs by acting as the single contact for insurance and benefits coverage.
- Your business faces many potential threats, from compliance issues to insurance costs in India. A global EOR (Employer of Record) can help you mitigate these risks by providing expert guidance and 24/7 HR support in India.
- A global Employer of Record can help with immigration challenges and other concerns that may impact your business.
- Streamlined and compliant payroll and tax filings. The Global Employer of Record (EOR) P processes payroll and does all the necessary tax filings for the company in India, significantly reducing administrative overhead for employers.
- Global EOR clients have access to greater resources and opportunities for growth than other businesses in India.
- Expanding your business globally can be risky, but by partnering with a global EOR (Employer of Record), you can stay flexible and mitigate major global expansion risks. This allows your business to enter new markets securely and efficiently while knowing there is always an exit strategy available if needed.
- Acumen International Employer of Record delivers comprehensive global employment solutions that streamline the entire employment lifecycle. By consolidating multiple services within one centralized employment solution, we save our clients time and money while improving communication and consistency. Our all-in-one solution helps replace multiple vendors across various countries, including payroll companies, employee benefits brokers, HR consultants, background checks vendors, IP attorneys, tax advisors, translation services, legal advisors, immigration advisors, HR compliance advisors, or licensing consultancies.
- As a leading provider of global Employer of Record (EOR) services, we offer a competitive advantage with our risk-free engagement. Acumen Global EOR services are incredibly affordable and protect employers and employees from compliance exposure throughout the employment lifecycle. We assume 100% of the risk instead of transferring it to third parties. Our competitors might charge less, but they don’t offer the same level of protection. We take on 100% of the liability for service delivery, regardless of any third-party involvement, and provide a higher standard of service than any other company. Our in-country expertise is unrivaled, and we are dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our clients.
Willing to hire an international workforce in India? We are here to help you.
Send us your project details here, and we will be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in India quickly and cost-effectively.
Employer of Record Solution in India
Global Employer of Record is an integrated solution in India that usually provides strategic guidance and a wide array of high-quality, cost-effective services tailored to your specific requirements that can help your company grow and scale up safely. Here are some of them:
- Human resources administration, including payroll, taxes, and benefits administration; employee training and development; recruitment; employee relations; compliance training; background or education checks; timekeeping services in India.
- Regulatory compliance assistance, including payroll tax law and reporting requirements;
- IP protection and offboarding;
- Hiring and HR compliance services, helping you navigate local regulations and avoid prohibited HR practices, including discriminatory job listings, Illegal criminal background checks, misclassified workforce, inaccurate payroll, and tax payments;
- Human resource support;
- End-to-end talent management, including recruiting, onboarding, engagement, performance management, and termination (upon employer approval);
- Liaison with legal counsel on employment issues such as discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, whistleblower protection, non-compete agreements, severance agreements, and other employment law matters.
- You need a business visa and work permit to employ expatriate personnel in India.
A Global Employer of Record solution means Acumen International can employ the selected candidate or candidates on your behalf in India in a record time. We become your trusted partner in India and guide you through local labor laws, thus eliminating any employment risks for you and freeing you from the necessity to go into all legislative specificities or set everything up by yourselves. Also, we will resolve all local labor issues for you, allowing you to focus on your primary business objectives.
Part of the benefits of using our international Employer of Record and payroll outsourcing solution in India is that we can organize work permits and business visas in India required for expatriates’ immigration.
Acumen International offers a global PEO and payroll solution to take care of all payroll details while ensuring full compliance with in-country labor and taxation laws. Contact us to get more information about Acumen’s Global PEO and payroll service in India.
Work Permit and Expats Employment in India
If you need to send some of your employees on an international assignment to India, our ex-pats employment solution is the best option for you. This solution covers work permit and visa sponsorship and handling any immigration issues that may arise when employing your workforce.
With our expertise and years of experience in global immigration support, we assist you with work permits and business visas if and when required and ensure that your international employees get their work permits within 2-6 months. This service is guaranteed regardless of the type of employment involved.
We bear full responsibility for employing them in compliance with the local immigration rules in India This frees you from the administrative hassle and relieves your employees of the stress and risks of global immigration. We provide timely and accurate information about the current status of your workforce, their visa, and work permit, including the expiry dates.
According to the labor law of India, your employees will be at risk of having their work permit revoked if they do any of the following:
- do not perform the works for which they are employed;
- lose vital qualifications that are required to execute the job.
Our solution helps you have your mobile workforce officially employed in India by our company instead of setting up your legal entity there. You choose the right candidate to work for you in India, and we handle all the rest fast and hassle-free.
Global EOR (Employer of Record) Services: Save Up 80% of Employee Management Cost in India
|Average Cost & Time||Our Solution *|
|Time to Market||10+ weeks||72 hours|
|Legal Advisors Fees||$ 10 000 +||………….|
|Official Employment & Benefits||$ 20 000 +||………….|
|Incorporation & Liquidation Costs||$ 11 000 +||………….|
|Bank Account Setup||$ 2 000 +||………….|
|Maintenance costs, in-house staff to manage the foreign entity, payroll, and administration.||$ 25 000+||………….|
|The approximate total cost of new market entry**||$ 74 000 +||$ 15 000|
* Per one Employee
** Costs vary from country to country
Spotlight on India
India, a country in South East Asia, is the seventh-largest country by geographical area, the second-most populous country with over 1.25 billion people, and the most populous democracy in the world. The Indian Ocean bounds it to the south, the Arabian Sea to the southwest, and the Bay of Bengal to the southeast. It shares land borders with Pakistan to the west; Bhutan, the People’s Republic of China, Nepal to the northeast; and Bangladesh and Myanmar to the east. India is divided into 28 states and eight union territories, with New Delhi as the capital.
- Capital: New Delhi.
- Population: 1,296,834,042.
- Local currency: Indian rupee.
- Industries: The rapidly growing software sector has been boosting the export of services and modernizing the Indian economy: the country has capitalized on its large educated English-speaking population to become a major exporter of IT services, business outsourcing services, and software workers.
Employ Your Selected Workforce via Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) Solution in India
As an Employer of Record services provider, Acumen International helps businesses to legally engage and pay their selected highly skilled professionals in India. Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries, to attract and retain the most qualified candidates.
As a global employment organization, Acumen International serves both end employers and service companies representing international clients.
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion, to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their expat employees
Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) service in India offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hiring. Our solution gives companies the opportunity to operate in India, and in 190 international markets where we serve our clients, without registering as a local business entity.
Legally Onboard and Payroll your Employees in India with Acumen International Employer of Record (EOR)
It is an offense for a person who requires but does not have a valid work permit to engage in any occupation or be employed in India. It is also an offense to employ a person who requires but does not have a valid work permit. Offenders may be liable upon conviction to a fine not exceeding $500.000 and imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months.
Misclassification between independent contractors and employees can lead to non-compliance with tax and labor laws, which can have serious implications. Penalties may be levied for failing to withhold and pay over payroll taxes, including failure to make matching contributions payments. Further, if Tax Administration India, TAJ, believes you have intentionally misclassified workers to evade taxes, there is also the possibility of criminal and civil penalties and sanctions.
Reduce your risks while expanding your business without establishing your legal entity in India. Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.
You can trust Acumen to handle the global employment and HR details of your workforce management in India to ensure full compliance with in-country employment laws.
Acumen’s EOR global employment solution helps businesses overcome legal challenges by hiring and compensating their local and ex-pat workforce in India on their behalf risk-free and cost-effectively.
If you are looking to reinforce your internal team with the expertise of local talent, or if you have already selected a local candidate to work for you remotely and in full legal compliance in India, our global EOR solution is the ideal choice for you.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we can organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Employer of Record in India and employ them on your behalf, once legal permissions have been attained.
Partner with Acumen International, and let us help you handle your global employment and HR needs. With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating your local and expatriate employees in India and in 190 countries worldwide where we serve our international clients.