- Overview: Mongolia
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Using A PEO Service With Immigration Support With Expat Hiring In Mongolia
Looking to hire expatriate personnel for international assignments in Mongolia? This is a loaded process to go through, including finding ways to:
- Stay compliant with Mongolian immigration laws
- Have all the necessary documents for work permit sponsorship
- Effectively manage employment and payroll when your team has their visas
Compounding the issue is that a lot of expat workers generally go into Mongolia to handle shorter projects. So it doesn’t make much sense to set up your own subsidiary to arrange local payroll for your employees. Instead, you may want to take a look at a simpler solution.
For those that want to hire and pay expats in Mongolia, that means enlisting a global PEO that includes work permit support. This saves your company the headache of trying to incorporate in a new country. Your new PEO partner will provide all the guidance you need to handle Mongolian immigration procedures to get your team their visas/permits. After that, they can also help with onboarding and payroll for your expat team.
Acumen International has provided this service for our clients’ expatriate personnel in Mongolia, both for short- and long-term projects. We offer a compliant and fast way to get your team on the ground and working. No matter your timeline or business goals, Acumen International offers end-to-end work permit support and ensures full compliance with local labor legislation in Mongolia and over 190 other countries.
Curious as to the best matches for Acumen’s work permit and hiring expats through a Global PEO’ solution? These include:
- Employer companies that plan to relocate, hire, and utilize expat workers in Mongolia.
- Seasoned professionals that have already found an employer to finance their immigration and foreign employment, but just need to simplify the process.
- Businesses planning to hire highly-skilled expats and send them to fill top positions in Mongolia.
A side note, you may not realize that by partnering with a single provider to handle both expat employment and work permit sponsorship, it’s a lot less likely your visas will be rejected. Our global immigration support will also save you time from trying to understand and navigate the different international rules and regulations.
Compared to other global PEO services, Acumen provides added benefits outside of a work permit if you have personnel on international assignments in Mongolia. These include:
- Medical insurance
- Office rent
- Dependant relocation
- Mobile phone/car provision for meetings
Attention: we are not an immigration service! We do not provide a work permit and immigration support as a standalone solution to individuals looking to find jobs overseas.
Estimated time for work permit issuance
Typically, the procedure of work permit issuance in Mongolia takes around 4 weeks.
Major steps to get a work permit in Mongolia
- The Mongolian company sponsoring a foreign worker for their work permit must first provide a visa invitation letter to the applicant.
- The applicant must then apply for a 30-day visa at the embassy or a consulate abroad.
- Once an applicant has arrived in the country, they must then register with the Immigration Agency within 7 days of arrival, inclusive of non-business days.
- Work permit applications are lodged with the Labour and Welfare Agency.
- Within ten days of arrival, it is necessary hat the applicant’s 30 day visa be converted into a year-long multiple entry work visa. This is arranged with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Documents for work permit in Mongolia, main applicant
|Type of documents|
|Copy of certificate of state registration, certificate of foreign incorporated company and special permission|
|Copy of passport pages clearly containing passport number, date of issue and expiry, name and date of birth|
|Passport, with at least 12 months’ validity|
|If applicable, copy of marriage and birth certificates for family members, and accredited Mongolian translation|
If you need to have your expat personnel legally work for you in Mongolia without having to set up your own business entity for that, trust us to assist you with work permit and immigration support, and then employ your expats locally on your behalf.
Contact our team to let us take up your foreign employees’ immigration matters and relieve you of the responsibility of getting work permit by working with our local partners to organize and obtain all the necessary permits, as well as provide you with a detailed update on the progress of the process.
Contact us for more details about how you can get a work permit for your expatriate staff and employ them through Acumen International in Mongolia.