- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Mexico
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Mexico? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Mexico quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Mexico:
- Location – a sizable country of contrasts, contradictions and rich culture. Its 761,603 square miles (1,972,552 sq. km) are roughly triangular, with two jutting peninsulas – Baja (Lower) California and the Yucatan
- Capital – Mexico City
- Population – 128.7 million
- Official language – Spanish
- Recognized minority languages – Nahuati, Yucatec, English
- Government – Federal presidential constitutional republic
- Currency – Peso
- Dominant religion – Catholicism
- Labor force – 57.6 million
- Exports – $410 billion (2017). Exportable goods: manufactured goods, electronics, vehicles and auto parts, oil and oil products, silver, plastics, fruits, vegetables, coffee, cotton, silver
- Main export partners: US, Canada, China, Spain, Brazil
- Imports – $403 billion (2017). Import products: metalworking machines, steel mill products, agricultural machinery, electrical equipment, automobile parts for assembly and repair, aircraft, aircraft parts, plastics, natural gas, and oil products
- Main import partners: US, China, Japan, South Korea, Germany
- Public holidays – Día de Reyes, Candelaria, Día de la Constitución, Día de la Bandera, Natalicio de Benito Juárez, Semana Santa, Cinco de Mayo/Batalla de Puebla, Día de la Independencia, Revolution day, Day of the Birgin of Guadalupe, Christmas Day.
Employment in Mexico
Employers dealing with operations in Mexico should be aware that labor relations are highly
regulated by the country authorities with the Mexican employees generally having greater rights than their American counterparts.
Mexican Federal Labour Law
FLL is the most important employment legislation in Mexico. It defines employment relationship as the rendering of a subordinated personal service by one person to another, in
exchange for a salary. The main element of any labor relationship is subordination, which the Mexican Supreme Court of Justice has defined as the employer’s legal right to control and direct the employee and the employee’s duty of obedience towards the employer. Once a labor relationship exists, the rights and obligations provided for by the FLL automatically apply, regardless of how the agreement is defined by the parties.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Mexico-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from Mexico?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Mexico?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Mexico legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Mexico has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Mexico on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record solution in Mexico
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Mexico, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Mexico.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Mexico. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.