- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Brazil
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Brazil? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Brazil quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Brazil:
- Location – a country located in the central-eastern part of the continent, by far the largest portion of it lies south of the equator. Border countries are Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela
- Capital – Brazilia
- Population – 210,1 million
- Official language – Portuguese
- Recognized minority languages – Italian, German and Japanese, local minority languages
- Government – Federal presidential constitutional republic
- Currency – Real
- Dominant religion – Catholicism
- Labor force – 106.3 million
- Exports – $218 billion (2017). Exportable goods: transport equipment, iron ore, soybeans, footwear, coffee, automobiles
- Main export partners: China, EU, USA, Argentina, Japan
- Imports – $151 billion (2017). Import products: machinery, electrical and transport equipment, chemical products, oil, automotive parts, electronics
- Main import partners: EU, China, USA, South Korea, Argentina
- Public holidays – All Souls’ Day, Ash Wednesday, Corpus Christi, Good Friday, International Labour Day, Shrove Tuesday, Western Christmas, Western New Year, Republic Day, Ash Wednesday.
Employment in Brazil
Employment law and administrative courts in Brazil are heavily protective of the employee side of things in employment relationships. Despite this strong fact, dismissal is normally a one-sided matter and is a decision left to be made by a company, rather than employee, court, or unions. High social security taxation is reimbursed by means of employee benefits and similar payments.
Brazil is proud of its Government Severance Indemnity Fund for Employees. The FGTS is a governmental establishment working for the benefit of employees. Employers are bound to contribute 8% of their total compensation to the fund on a monthly basis. In the case of unfair dismissal, employees can turn to the fund for the support and financial aid.
It is highly recommended to avoid employment-related decisions outside of strong expertise. Those can rarely have an option to be terminated or reversed in Brazil.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Brazil-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from Brazil?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Brazil?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Brazil legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Brazil has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Brazil on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record solution in Brazil
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Brazil, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Brazil.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Brazil. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.