- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record (EOR) in Belgium
Global employment services
Businesses in the process of expanding globally often face challenges when it comes to compliantly onboarding employees in foreign countries. In most cases, legal compliance requires the establishment of a legal in-country business entity, a complex, costly and time-consuming process that many employers are not ready to undertake.
To help your organization legally onboard and payroll a workforce in Belgium, Acumen International offers a global employment solution via our Global Employer of Record / EOR. As a global employment organization, Acumen International serves both end employers and service companies representing international clients. Partner with Acumen International, and let us help you handle your global employment and HR needs.
Spotlight on Belgium:
Belgium (the Republic of Belgium) is situated in the southern part of Central Europe, north of Italy and Slovenia. It consists of nine federated states. Belgium has been a European Union Member since 1995.
- Capital: Brussels.
- Population: 11,778,842 (July 2021).
- Official languages: Dutch, French, German.
- Labor Force: 4.122 million (2020).
- Industries: Metallurgy, steel, textiles, chemicals, glass, paper, and food processing are the dominant industries. Belgium is one of the world’s leading processors of cobalt, radium, copper, zinc, and lead.
- Trading partners: Belgium has strong trading relations with Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, United Kingdom, United States, China, Ireland. The main export products are vehicles, petroleum oils, and medicament. The main imports are oil and mineral fuels, vehicles, pharmaceuticals and organic chemicals.
- Local currency: Euro (€, EUR).
- Minimum wage: In 2021, the national minimum wage in Belgium remained fixed at €1,625.7 per month, that is 19,508 euros per year, taking into account 12 payments per year.
- 13/14 salaries: Many employers pay a 13th-month bonus to their employees; a few even add a half of a 14th month’s pay to that, usually payable at the end of the year. In the first and last year of employment, the 13th-month bonus (and any holiday bonus related to vacation time) is paid pro rata if the employee does not work a full calendar year. Some employers offer a variable profit sharing or productivity bonus, depending on the performance of the company, branch, or department. 13th month bonus – customary, 14th month bonus – mandatory holiday bonus..
Employ your Selected Workforce in Belgium via Acumen’s Employer of Record / EOR Solution
Acumen’s Global Employer of Record / EOR solution was designed to help international companies like yours expand your global reach and engage the brightest global talent for your projects.
Acumen’s Employer of Record / EOR service in Belgium offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hiring.
As an Employer of Record services provider, Acumen International helps businesses to legally engage and pay their selected highly skilled professionals in Belgium. Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries, to attract and retain the most qualified candidates.
Acumen International offers a global PEO and payroll solution to take care of all the details of payroll while ensuring full compliance with in-country labor and taxation laws. To get more information about Acumen’s Global PEO and payroll service in Belgium click here.
Legally Onboard and Payroll your Employees in Belgium with Acumen’s Global Employment Solution
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion, to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their expat employees
You can trust Acumen to handle the global employment and HR details of your workforce management in Belgium, to ensure full compliance with in-country employment laws. Reduce your risks while expanding your business, without establishing your own legal entity in Belgium.
In the process of our EOR service, we prepare all necessary contracts for the employment relationship. After the contracts have been signed, the employee can be registered for social security. The registration for social security must be done before the employee starts working. Once the employee has registered for social insurance, the on-boarding process is complete and the employee can start work.
Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we are able to organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Employer of Record, and employ them on your behalf, once legal permissions have been attained.
With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating of your local and expatriate employees in Belgium, and in 190 countries worldwide where we serve our international clients.