- Overview:United Kingdom (UK)
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in the UK
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in the UK? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in the UK quickly and cost-effectively.
Employer of Record solution in the UK
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in the United Kingdom, which includes:
familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in the UK.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in the United Kingdom. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.
Spotlight on the United Kingdom:
- Location – a sovereign country in western Europe. Lying off the north-western coast of the European mainland, the UK includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands.
- Capital – London
- Population – 67.9 million
- Official language – English
- Recognized minority languages – Welsh
- Government – Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- Currency – Pound Sterling
- Dominant religion – Christianity
- Labor force – 34.3 million
- Exports – $837 billion (2019). Exportable goods: manufactured goods, fuels, chemicals, food, beverages, tobacco
- Main export partners: EU, US, Germany, Netherlands, France, Ireland, China, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium
- Imports – $877 billion (2018). Import products: manufactured goods, machinery, fuels, food
- Main import partners: EU, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, USA, China, France, Spain
- Public holidays – New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Early May bank holiday, Spring bank holiday, Summer bank holiday, Christmas Day.
Employment in the United Kingdom
Employment in the United Kingdom is conducted by means of the Employment Rights Act (1996). The United Kingdom labor market differs from other European labor markets by relative flexibility.
The richness of case-based law in the employment field, as well as reinforced EU-related law regulation in the employment law area, will mean increasingly close attention to taxation and employment regulation for the companies looking into setting up their operation in the country. Specialist assistance is highly recommended. Legal compliance in the employee-employer relationship is mandatory.
Some of the employee rights are as follows: the right to a written employment contract, the right not to be fired for no reason, the right for redundancy pay, the right to a minimum notice before getting fired, the right to no unsanctioned deductions to the salary.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of the UK-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from the UK?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from the UK?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with the UK legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, the UK has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in the UK on behalf of your company.