- Overview:United Kingdom (UK)
- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record (EOR) in the UK
Global employment services
Businesses in the process of expanding globally often face challenges when it comes to compliantly onboarding employees in foreign countries. In most cases, legal compliance requires the establishment of a legal in-country business entity, a complex, costly and time-consuming process that many employers are not ready to undertake.
To help your organization legally onboard and payroll a workforce in the United Kingdom, Acumen International offers a global employment solution via our Global Employer of Record (EOR) designed to help you circumvent the legalities of direct hiring, eliminating the need for you to establish a legal entity in the UK in order to conduct business there.
Spotlight on the United Kingdom:
The United Kingdom encompasses the countries of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The island nation is situated in northwestern Europe. Recently part of the European Union (EU), UK citizens voted in 2020 to withdraw from the EU and reclaim national sovereignty.
- Capital: London, England
- Population: About 68 million
- Labor Force: 34,738,347
- Ease of Doing Business: The World Bank ranks the UK at 8th among 190 nations for ease of doing business. The UK’s highly evolved Western culture, its culturally diverse population, and English as its primary spoken language all play into the UK’s high ranking.
- Global marketplace position: The United Kingdom has the 6th largest economy in the world, based on gross domestic product (GDP).
- Industries: Top industries in the UK are construction services, banking, automotive and healthcare.
- Import/Export partners: The UK’s top trading partners are the USA, China, Germany, Netherlands and France, respectively.
- Local currency: Despite its previous membership in the EU, the UK never adopted the Euro as its main currency, and the country’s local currency remains the British Pound Sterling (GBP). Workers are paid in GBP.
- Minimum wage: As of April 2021, the UK’s minimum wage for adults under age 23 was 8.72 GBP per hour, and the National Living Wage was 9.5 GBP, or 10.85 GBP for people working in London. All workers over age 23 are entitled to the UK’s minimum National Living Wage.
Employ your Selected Workforce in the United Kingdom via Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) Solution
As an Employer of Record services provider, Acumen International helps businesses to legally engage and pay their selected highly skilled professionals in the UK. Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries, to attract and retain the most qualified candidates.
As a global employment organization, Acumen International serves both end employers and service companies representing international clients.
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion, to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their expat employees
Acumen’s Employer of Record (EOR) service in the UK offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hiring. Our solution gives companies the opportunity to operate in the UK, and in 190 international markets where we serve our clients, without registering as a local business entity.
Legally Onboard and Payroll your Employees in the UK with Acumen’s Global Employment Solution
Since Brexit, the UK’s official withdrawal from the European Union, British employment laws have been gradually evolving, challenging international companies to keep pace with legal updates. Acumen’s EOR global employment solution helps businesses to overcome legal challenges by hiring and compensating your local and expat workforce in the UK on your behalf, in a risk-free and cost-effective manner.
Acumen’s Global Employer of Record (EOR) solution was designed to help international companies like yours expand your global reach and engage the brightest global talent for your projects.
If you are looking to reinforce your internal team with the expertise of UK-based global talent, or if you have already selected a local candidate to work for you remotely and in full legal compliance in the UK, our global EOR solution is the ideal choice for you.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we are able to organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Employer of Record, and employ them on your behalf, once legal permissions have been attained.
Partner with Acumen International, and let us help you handle your global employment and HR needs. With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating of your local and expatriate employees in the United KIngdom, and in 190 countries worldwide where we serve our international clients.
You can trust Acumen to handle the global employment and HR details of your workforce management in the UK, to ensure full compliance with UK employment laws. Reduce your risks while expanding your business, without establishing your own legal entity in the UK. Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.