- Overview: Bermuda
- Global PEO and payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Bermuda
Bermuda’s close proximity to the US, its English-speaking populace, its deep-water harbor and its local currency valued one-to-one with USD make this tropical archipelago an ideal place to conduct global business. If you need to hire a legally compliant workforce in Bermuda, please submit your details here, and our global business specialists will be happy to explain how we can compliantly employ your international workforce via our Global Employer of Record (GEOR) service.
Spotlight on Bermuda
- Location: Bermuda is an archipelago of islands located 650 miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, USA. Although often thought of as a Caribbean nation, Bermuda is situated in the western North Atlantic Ocean, over 800 miles northeast of the West Indies and other Caribbean islands.
- Capital: The capital city of Bermuda is Hamilton, located on the northern shore of Great Bermuda, the main island of the archipelago.
- Official language: As a British territory, Bermuda’s official language is English, making it an appealing location for international businesses.
- Other recognized languages: In addition to English, Portuguese and French strongly influence the local Bermudian dialect.
- Currency: Bermuda’s official legal tender is the Bermudian dollar (BMD). BMD is valued on a par with the US dollar, and US currency is often used interchangeably with BMD. International companies in Bermuda typically trade and pay in USD.
- Labor force: According to the 2020 edition of The Bermuda Job Market Employment Briefs, Bermuda’s labor force has risen to approximately 34,400.
- Primary export partners: Bermuda’s main export partners are Pakistan, Netherlands, United States, Switzerland, and Sweden
- Primary import partners: Most of Bermuda’s imports come from the United States, South Korea, Canada, China, and Netherlands
Incorporating your company and building your business infrastructure in Bermuda can be costly, especially if your company is just testing the country’s aquamarine waters. Our Global Employer of Record (EOR) solution can help you to engage your selected global workforce in a risk-free and cost-effective way.
Whether you are a global enterprise looking to hire local talent and/or expatriate personnel to meet your business needs in Bermuda, or an agency that needs to hire a workforce for your clients, our Global EOR solution can help you to:
- Familiarize yourself with Bermuda’s employment laws and regulations
- Hire and payroll in-country citizens and expats in full compliance with Bermudian laws
- Arrange for business visas and work permits for your expatriate personnel in Bermuda
- Onboard your employees
- Payroll your workforce on a monthly basis in local currency
Acumen can promptly employ your selected candidates or multiple prospects on your behalf in Bermuda. As your trusted global business partner, we will help you navigate local labor laws to eliminate:
- Any and all employment risks
- The need to set up your own in-country legal business entity
- Any local labor issues
By leaving all compulsory global employment processes to Acumen’s experts, you can focus on achieving your long-term strategic business goals.
To learn more about how our Global EOR solution can help your company hire and payroll employees in Bermuda, contact us with questions, or request a free express quote for your Bermuda employment needs.