- Overview: France
- Global PEO and Payroll
- Global HR Compliance
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record (EOR) in France
9 Global Employment Challenges to Consider
If you’re thinking about expanding your operations to a global level, you’ll want to consider all the details that go into that decision. That includes everything from choosing the most cost-effective country and the right entity type to preparing for the challenges of doing business across borders. Choosing a location that works with your overall strategy and offers lower taxes could be one way to help improve profitability.
As you prepare to expand internationally, it’s crucial to understand how each factor impacts the overall success of your business. Here are some global expansion challenges.:
- Every country in the world has its own set of unique laws for businesses.
- The legislative and regulatory landscape is ever-evolving. Keeping track of changes is cumbersome.
- Global HR Compliance challenges
- Need to understand and keep track of ever-evolving local labor laws and tax regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Need to understand the local labor market
- Need to understand local business practices pertinent to employment
- Need to adhere to the company’s global employment policies
- Need to understand local competition and benchmark against standard business practices
- Working with different languages, time zones, customs, and cultures.
No matter which countries you expand to or what type of operation you open, there are some significant issues you will always have to deal with.
Global expansion decisions come with a lot of moving parts. The decision to expand internationally can significantly impact your business, so it’s essential to make sure you handle it correctly.
What Is a Global Employer of Record?
A Global Employer of Record is a third-party expert in global employment contracted by a client company to provide fully compliant international employment services. This means that the Employer of Record assumes all the core responsibilities of an employer as specified under the applicable laws in a specific country or a set of operations. An Employer of Record is generally responsible for payroll and benefits administration, ensuring that all necessary tax withholding or deductions are made, and meeting other compliance obligations of employers in a particular country of operations. Employer of Record solution is usually more cost-effective and compliant than setting up a local legal entity or subsidiary overseas.
Global Employment Services in France
Businesses in the process of expanding globally often face challenges when it comes to compliantly onboarding employees in foreign countries. In most cases, legal compliance requires the establishment of a legal in-country business entity, a complex, costly and time-consuming process that many employers are not ready to undertake in France.
To help your organization legally onboard and payroll a workforce in France, Acumen International offers a global employment solution via our Global Employer of Record (EOR) designed to help you circumvent the legalities of direct hiring, eliminating the need for you to establish a legal entity in France to conduct business there.
Global Employment Journey — Recruitment. Onboarding. Management. Retention. Termination
Compliance and legal guidance at every step of the Global Employment Journey. 24/7 local support.
2. Global Mobility
5. Payroll Administration
6. Working Time & PTO Processing
7. Benefits Administration
8. Tax Administration & Reporting
|Talent skilled in highly-specialized areas||Employee Work Visa and Work Permit sponsorship||Health checks||Employment Agreement drafting||In-country registration with statutory bodies||Working hours||Mandatory Benefits||Tax Reporting frequency and requirements;||Employment agreement termination:|
|Executive search||Dependent Visa||Criminal record checks||Compliant worker onboarding on your behalf||Day-to-day payroll management||Overtime||Health insurance||Employer taxes & contributions||Dismissal – by the employer|
|Contingency workforce||Visa extension||Background checks||Account setup in the payroll and HR system||Monthly pay slips or other pay frequency||Public holidays||Workers’ compensation||Employee taxes & contributions||Resignation – by the employee|
|Application for a sponsor license for a foreign national||Education checks||Employee data entry and records maintenance||Accruals||Annual leave||Unemployment insurance||Withholding tax||Termination by mutual agreement|
|Relocation assistance||Managing probation periods||Allowances||Parental leave||Voluntary Benefits||Local tax payments and reporting to local authorities||Notice period handling|
|13th and 14th salary||Sick leave||Share plans for executives||End of financial year reporting||Final settlement & severance payments|
|Additional leave||Bonuses & Equipment provision||De-registration with statutory bodies|
|Expenses reimbursement & business trip processing|
|Health insurance, dental treatment|
Global Employment Burdens Acumen Global EOR Helps Alleviate
- Compliant hiring and payroll in 190+ countries
- Ongoing monitoring of legal, firing & firing regulations
- Tax & benefits guidance
- Continuous labour, tax, payroll, and immigration compliance monitoring & updates.
2. Risk Control
- Permanent establishment risk
- Worker misclassification risk
- Under-taxation risk
- HR & immigration compliance risk
- Intellectual property right risk.
3. Need for Local Incorporation
- Outsourced HR support upon new market testing
- HR arm upon global expansion
- Business in transition – M&As, close-downs.
4. Employee Transfer
- From PEO to PEO
- From EOR to EOR
- From legal entity to legal entity
- Convert Independent Contractors to full-time employees.
5. All-in-one Solution
Acumen Global Employer of Record offers integrated global employment solutions under one roof and can replace multiple vendors, including:
- Payroll Company
- Employee Benefits Broker
- HR Consultants
- Background Checks Vendors
- IP Attorney
- Tax Advisor
- Translation service
- Legal Advisor
- Immigration Advisor
- HR Compliance Advisor.
6. Global Knowledge. Local Expertise and Support
- Faster time-to-hire with streamlined paperwork and communication
- One platform to onboard and manage all team members
- Streamlined global payroll
- Single source of truth for contracts and documents
- Dedicated customer service
- 24/7 local support
- Simplified hiring for Full-time employees and contractors
- Expertise with hiring and firing local and foreign workforce.
Save Up to 80% of Employment Management Cost with a Global EOR in France
|Average Cost & Time||Our Solution *|
|Time to Market||10+ weeks||72 hours|
|Legal Advisors Fees||$ 10 000 +||………….|
|Official Employment & Benefits||$ 20 000 +||………….|
|Incorporation & Liquidation Costs||$ 11 000 +||………….|
|Bank Account Setup||$ 2 000 +||………….|
|Maintenance costs and in-house staff to manage the foreign entity, payroll set up, and administration.||$ 25 000+||………….|
|The approximate total cost of new market entry**||$ 74 000 +||$ 15 000|
* Per one Employee
Spotlight on France
France (officially the French Republic) is one of the world’s leading economic players with a well-educated population, talented workforce, modern business culture, sophisticated financial markets, and strong intellectual property protections.
- Location: France is a sovereign state whose territory spans a part of Western Europe (called Metropolitan France) and several overseas regions and territories.
- Capital: Paris.
- Population: 68,084,217 total including the metropolitan France population of 62,814,233 in 2021.
- Labor force: 30,033,626.
- Position on the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business index: DB rank is 32 among 190 countries.
- Country’s position in the global marketplace: France takes 3rd place in European largest economy after Germany and France and 5th position in the world’s economy tops with a GDP of approximately $2.7 trillion in 2019.
- Local currency: euro.
- Minimum statutory salary: 1,554.6 € per month since 1st January 2021.
- Most developing industries: machinery, chemicals, automobiles, metallurgy, aircraft, electronics, textiles, food processing, and tourism.
- Trading partners: France’s most vital trading partners for exports are Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Its main import partners are Germany, Belgium, China, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
Employ your Selected Workforce via Acumen Employer of Record (EOR) in France
As a Global Employer of Record services provider, Acumen International helps businesses to legally engage and pay their selected highly skilled professionals in France.
Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries to attract and retain the most qualified candidates. Acumen International serves both end employers and service companies representing international clients as a global employment organization.
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their ex-pat employees
Acumen’s Employer of Record / EOR service in France offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hire. Our Employer of Record solution gives companies the opportunity to operate in France and in 190 international markets where we serve our clients without registering as a local business entity.
Legally onboard and payroll employees in France via Acumen Employer of Record (EOR)
Acumen’s EOR global employment solution helps businesses overcome legal challenges by hiring and compensating their local and ex-pat workforce in France on their behalf risk-free and cost-effectively.
If you are looking to reinforce your internal team with the expertise of France-based global talent, or if you have already selected a local candidate to work for you remotely and in full legal compliance in France, our global EOR solution is the ideal choice for you.
You can trust Acumen to handle your workforce management’s global employment and HR details in France to ensure full compliance with France employment laws.
Acumen’s Global Employer of Record (EOR) solution was designed to help international companies like yours expand their global reach and engage the brightest global talent for their projects.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we can organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Global Employer of Record and employ them on your behalf once legal permissions have been attained.
Partner with Acumen International, and let us help you handle your global employment and HR needs. With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating your local and expatriate employees in France and 190 countries worldwide where we serve our international clients.
Reduce risks while expanding your business without establishing your legal entity in France. Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.
Trust us to handle the global employment and HR side of your workforce management in France so you are sure that none of these nuances are missed and that your employees are employed and payrolled properly and compliantly on your behalf.