- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Greece
Global employment services
Businesses in the process of expanding globally often face challenges when it comes to compliantly onboarding employees in foreign countries. In most cases, legal compliance requires the establishment of a legal in-country business entity, a complex, costly and time-consuming process that many employers are not ready to undertake.
To help your organization legally onboard and payroll a workforce in Greece, Acumen International offers a global employment solution via our Global Employer of Record / EOR designed to help you circumvent the legalities of direct hiring, eliminating the need for you to establish a legal entity in Greece in order to conduct business there.
Spotlight on Greece:
Greece is a parliamentary republic along the Mediterranean Sea in Southeastern Europe. It is bordered by Bulgaria, the Republic of North Macedonia, and Albania to the north; the Ionian Sea to the west; the Mediterranean Sea to the south; and the Aegean Sea and Turkey to the east.
- Capital: Athens.
- Official language: Greek.
- Population: 10.569.703 (July 2021).
- Labor force: 4 million (2020).
- Local currency: Euro.
- Minimum statutory salary: In 2021, the national minimum wage in Greece remained fixed at €758.3 per month, that is 9,100 euros per year, considering 12 payments per year. The minimum wage, which is applicable to all employees/workers, is set by the annual National General Collective Labor Agreement (CLA).
- Salary currency: Greece’s monetary unit is the Euro and no other currency is accepted for transactions.
13 /14 salary: Employees are entitled to an additional one month of salary at Christmas as a Christmas allowance, one-half month’s salary at Easter as an Easter allowance, and one-half month’s salary at annual vacation time as vacation allowance, thereby receiving 14 monthly salaries per year.
- Most developing industries: The main agricultural crops are tobacco (third largest European producer, 23rd worldwide) and cotton. Greece also has an important sheepherding industry and the fishing industry is well developed in the coastal regions. Main industrial sectors are electronics, transport equipment, clothing manufacturing and construction. Greece has the largest maritime fleet in the world. The service sector and tourism provides an essential source of in-country income.
- Trading partners: The top countries for import are Italy, Germany, Turkey, Cyprus, and Bulgaria. Export commodities include refined petroleum, packaged medicines, aluminum plating, computers, cotton. The key export partners are Germany, China, Italy, Iraq, Russia, Netherlands with crude petroleum, refined petroleum, packaged medicines, cars, ships.
Acumen International offers a global PEO and payroll solution to take care of all the details of payroll while ensuring full compliance with in-country labor and taxation laws. To get more information about Acumen’s Global PEO and payroll service in Greece click here.
Employ your Selected Workforce via Acumen Employer of Record / EOR in Greece
As an Global Employer of Record services provider, Acumen International helps businesses to legally engage and pay their selected highly skilled professionals in Greece .
Businesses desiring to hire local employees should be prepared to pay competitive salaries, to attract and retain the most qualified candidates. As a global employment organization, Acumen International serves both end employers and service companies representing international clients.
Acumen’s Global employment services are designed to provide our clients with professional assistance to meet their global HR needs, such as:
- Global talent acquisition and retention
- Global expansion, to help you quickly enter new global markets without legal and HR compliance risks
- Local support for international clients and their expat employees
Acumen’s Employer of Record / EOR service in Greece offers an efficient and inexpensive alternative to direct hiring. Our employer of record solution gives companies the opportunity to operate in Greece and in 190 international markets where we serve our clients, without registering as a local business entity.
Legally onboard and payroll employees in Greece via Acumen Employer of Record / EOR
Acumen’s EOR global employment solution helps businesses to overcome legal challenges by hiring and compensating your local and expat workforce in Greece on your behalf, in a risk-free and cost-effective manner.
If you are looking to reinforce your internal team with the expertise of Greece-based global talent, or if you have already selected a local candidate to work for you remotely and in full legal compliance in Greece our global EOR solution is the ideal choice for you.
You can trust Acumen to handle the global employment and HR details of your workforce management in Greece to ensure full compliance with in-country employment laws.
Acumen’s Global Employer of Record / EOR solution was designed to help international companies like yours expand your global reach and engage the brightest global talent for your projects.
In addition to legally onboarding local citizens, we are able to organize work permits and business visa sponsorship for your expatriate team via our Global Employer of Record, and employ them on your behalf, once legal permissions have been attained.
Partner with Acumen International, and let us help you handle your global employment and HR needs. With Acumen, you can rest assured that all legal requirements are met for compliant hiring and compensating of your local and expatriate employees in Greece, and in 190 countries worldwide where we serve our international clients.
Reduce your risks while expanding your business, without establishing your own legal entity in Greece. Leave it to Acumen to hire and compensate your employees on your behalf, so you can focus on growing your business.
Trust us to handle the global employment and HR side of your workforce management in Greece so you are sure that none of these nuances are missed and that your employees are employed and payrolled properly and compliantly on your behalf.