- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Germany
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Germany? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Germany quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Germany:
- Location – a country in Central and Western Europe
- Capital – Berlin
- Population – 83.2 million
- Official language – German
- Recognized minority languages – German dialects, Northern Low Saxon, Danish, Low German, Low Rhenish, Sorbian, Romany, North Frisian, and Saterland Frisian
- Government – Federal parliamentary republic
- Currency – Euro
- Dominant religion – Christianity
- Labor force – 42.50 million people accounting for 68.3% population as of 2020
- Exports – $1.43 trillion (2017). Exportable goods: motor vehicles, machinery, chemicals, computer and electronic products, electrical equipment, pharmaceuticals, metals, transport equipment, foodstuffs, textiles, rubber, plastic products.
- Main export partners: European Union, United States, United Kingdom, China, Switzerland, Turkey.
- Imports – $1.14 trillion (2017). Import products: machinery, data processing equipment, vehicles, chemicals, oil and gas, metals, electric equipment, pharmaceuticals, foodstuffs, agricultural products.
- Main import partners: European Union, China, United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Russia.
- Public holidays – Neujahrstag, Heilige Drei Könige, Frauentag, Karfreitag, Ostermontag, Tag der Arbeit, Christi Himmelfahrt, Pfingstmontag, Fronleichnam, Friedensfest, Mariä Himmelfahrt, Weltkindertag, Tag der Deutschen Einheit, Reformationstag, Allerheiligen, Buß- und Bettag, Weihnachtstag, Zweiter Weihnachtsfeiertag.
Employment in Germany
Employment in Germany is conducted by means of employment agreements. The major sources of labor law are Federal legislation, collective agreements, works agreements and case law.
German employment law generally applies to foreign nationals working in Germany. However, if the foreign national works in Germany only on a temporary basis, the laws of the jurisdiction that the employee usually works in can apply.
While conducting hiring, employment, and payroll processes on the territory of Germany keep in mind that the following German employment laws are usually more favorable to an employee:
- termination protection
- applicable collective bargaining agreements
Therefore, there may be cases where the laws of a foreign jurisdiction will apply to the employment relationship, but German social security or tax laws can also apply.
The employment relationship in Germany is governed and regulated by:
- statutory laws
- the employment agreement
- collective agreements, such as works agreements with the works council or collective bargaining agreements with the union.
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Germany-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from Germany?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Germany?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Germany legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Germany has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Germany on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record solution in Germany
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Germany, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Germany.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Germany. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.