- Global HR Compliance
- Global PEO and payroll
- Work permit for hiring expats via PEO
- Expand without a company set up
- Contractor vs. employee: which is better?
Global Employer of Record in Ukraine
Global employment services
Willing to hire international employees in Ukraine? We’re here to help.
Send us project details here and we’ll be happy to employ your international workforce on your behalf in Ukraine quickly and cost-effectively.
Spotlight on Ukraine:
- Location – an independent country in Eastern Europe
- Capital – Kyiv
- Population – 42 million
- Official language – Ukrainian
- Recognized minority languages – Russian
- Government – Unitary semi-presidential constitutional republic
- Currency – Hryvnia
- Dominant religion – Christianity
- Labor force – 20 million
- Exports – $59.2 billion (2018). Exportable goods: ferrous and nonferrous metals, fuel and petroleum products, chemicals, machinery, and transport equipment, food products
- Main export partners: Poland, Netherlands, Russia, Turkey, India, China, Egypt
- Imports – $63 billion (2018). Import products: energy (mainly natural gas), machinery and equipment, chemicals
- Main import partners: Russia, China, Germany, Poland, Belarus, USA, Italy
- Public holidays – New Year’s Day, Orthodox Christmas Day, Women’s Day, Orthodox Easter Sunday, Orthodox Easter Monday, Labor Day, Victory Day, Orthodox Whit Sunday, Orthodox Whit Monday, Constitution Day, Independence Day, Defender’s Day, Catholic Christmas Day.
Employment in Ukraine
Ukrainian employers (all resident legal entities) must obtain work permits for foreign nationals who are either directly employed by them or seconded to Ukraine by foreign companies.
There is no special regime for foreign nationals working in Ukraine, although there is a general requirement for work permits. Such work permits legalize foreigners’ work activities and also gives them the full right to reside in Ukraine year-round by obtaining a work visa, or IM-1 visa.
It is important to know that the work permit is issued for a maximum term of one year and can be renewed for a similar term.
Employment Relationship Regulation in Ukraine
In Ukraine, there is a necessity of written employment contract. Types of employment agreements:
- Fixed-term agreements, – any limitations, such as max duration or a number of fixed-term agreements. A fixed-term agreement can be signed only once, every following contact extension or additional fixed-term agreement will be classified as an indefinite agreement.
- Indefinite term agreement.
In case of an employee leaving the company on his own will or by mutual agreement the final dismissal payment consists of:
- payment for unused (accrued) vacation days
- final month’s salary.
In case the employer terminates the employment the final payment consists of:
- payment for unused (accrued) vacation days
- 2 months salary (notice period)
- 1-month compensation (severance).
- Are you seeking to reinforce your existing team with the expertise of Ukraine-based international employees?
- Have you already selected a candidate from Ukraine?
- Do you want the prospect to work for you remotely from Ukraine?
- Would you prefer to hire shortly and stay compliant with Ukraine legislation?
Our global employment solution is the way to go!
Like every other country, Ukraine has its own employment specifics. Abiding by the local employment law ensures 100% compliance.
By entrusting local tax and law subordination as well as workforce employment and management to an authority with extensive expertise, you safeguard professional handling of all things legal in Ukraine on behalf of your company.
Employer of Record solution in Ukraine
Employer of Record is an integrated solution designed to help you hire and manage your remote employees in Ukraine, which includes:
- familiarizing with the country’s employment legislation
- onboarding of employees
- payrolling employees on a monthly basis in local currency/ies
- arranging for business visa and work permit if you need to employ expatriate personnel in Ukraine.
Acumen Employer of Record can promptly employ the selected candidate (or multiple prospects) on your behalf in Ukraine. We become your trusted partner and guide you through local labor laws thus eliminating:
- any and all employment risks
- the need to go into legislative specifics and set everything up on your own
- all local labor issues.
Handing all these compulsory global employment processes to experts will spare your precious business hours for more strategic task solving.